PDA

View Full Version : ground wire kits

flacopower
03-26-2005, 09:19 PM
alright i already did a search and came up with nothing useful... anyways i have seen the ground wire kits on ebay for pretty cheap. why exactly would a ground wire kit be an upgrade? isn't the honda ground kit efficient enough? and how many hp can be expected to be gained? i know you get what you pay for, but are any of the ebay ground kits worth the money?

93accord2dr
03-26-2005, 09:25 PM
it all depends on the gauge of the wire that is used. wire which is larger in diameter will give you the best performance.

You can expect about 2-3hp and 2-3tq increase.

Also, you might notice an increase in gas milage, as well as a better idle.

flacopower
03-26-2005, 09:33 PM
now the 2-3 hp increase, is these with the ebay ones or with $300 ones?? and how hard of a install is it?

mayberry
03-26-2005, 09:45 PM
well....think of it this way...that good wire u use to ground 1k dollar amps....use that. its relatively cheap, and make your own grounds....adding more will never hurt.

flacopower
03-26-2005, 09:59 PM
aiight noob time:
how would i make my own grounds? and how much of an upgrade would the amp wire be over OEM honda wires??

mayberry
03-26-2005, 10:15 PM
well, you can clean up your oem wires....get all the corrosion off. and clean up the mating surfaces at the same time. and amp wire is a thicker better grade of wire. just pick solid peices on your engine. such as your distributor, a tranny case bolt, altenator bracket...and ground them to the chassis where there already are bolt holes...I.E where theres already a bolt holding something down so you dont have to drill and tap new holes, making life much easier....

mayberry
03-26-2005, 10:33 PM
its been proven on honda tech a few times.....i said the same thing at first.

i_love_cb7
03-26-2005, 10:35 PM
where are the stock ground wires?

FishyMan
03-26-2005, 10:52 PM
will someone please buy me a set of 'black colored' ones and send to hawaii i dont wanan pay $30 PLUS for them.. and making them will cost more..

93accord2dr
03-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Why? From where? Have you dynoed that?
Or are you just regurgitating advertizing claims?

dyno charts on many different types of cars, all with the same results, and a butt dyno.

so stfu. :thumbsdwn

flacopower
03-27-2005, 10:52 PM
man this sounds like a great DIY!! someone should do a write up!

HondaFan81
03-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Wouldn't it be optimal, to ground all the various engine parts you all speak of to the SAME grounding point on the chassis? That's why I'd like to make or find a steel/iron block that fastens to the firewall or fender, etc to commonly ground all these parts to and not just pick random/different grounding points on the chassis.

Michalob
04-11-2005, 06:11 PM
i acually replaced my old ground wire. wherever i found a ground it was some crappy 16 guage pathetic stuff. replaced it some decent 8 guage wire. and surprising, i beleive i noticed a difference. a little peppier than normal. i could be wrong, i know my car has its good days and bad days. but hey. worth a shot IMO.

accrdpower
04-13-2005, 07:12 PM
yea ground wires kits r a good mod to make...easy and helps alot of things out not just power. o and i am gonna go with a 4gauge wire. the bigger the better. remember...u get what u pay for!! i found that out the hard way several times. hp gains weill be anywhere from 2-5 and same for TQ depending on size and condition of old stock peice o crap wires.