PDA

View Full Version : Just installed 2.5 catback

93EXaesthetic
08-10-2005, 02:40 AM
just installed 2.5 catback from the catback with a thunderbolt tip.(will post to showoff exhaust thread)...still restricted at the headers and cat converter.....i feel i may have lost a little bit on the low rpms....but gained on a lot on the mid rpm's...by reducing the back pressure.....2.5 may be to much tho..i dont want to lose any power
on the interstate..my exhaust is pretty quiet....now when i shift to 3rd there is no jerk....i feel that when i accelerate...my CAI doenst scream as loud with reduced back pressure..i accelerate a lot faster now..i dont know .. i feel as if i have gained some hp's with this setup..but im thinking it may just be a psychological thing where i think im going faster because my car is louder....haha...i havent had teh oppurtunity to open her up to like 120...i want to see if my top speed has increased i have a feeling it has...
im thinking the optimum performance would be to run 2.25 from the header to catconverter...to the 2.5 setup...my f22 is starting to come to life! :bouncy:

starchland
08-10-2005, 03:54 AM
good for you bro, i felt gains higher up too with my catback, but then again im still restricted with my manifold and cat, oh well. either way if you feel a gain may it be in your head or an actual gain, a gain is a gain.

93EXaesthetic
08-10-2005, 05:00 AM
good for you bro, i felt gains higher up too with my catback, but then again im still restricted with my manifold and cat, oh well. either way if you feel a gain may it be in your head or an actual gain, a gain is a gain.

yeah im not sure if i want to open up the header back to a 2.5 or a 2.25..im thinking of going with a dc header and a 2.25 catback ...
true a gain is a gain...still getting used to having a loud exhaust...
i think you really start to feel an increase in hp when your headers are done..because that is the first part of the exhaust system

That1guyN8
08-10-2005, 05:03 AM
Where did you buy your exhaust and for how much? I remember you saying you wanted to get an exhaust for around 250.

93EXaesthetic
08-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Where did you buy your exhaust and for how much? I remember you saying you wanted to get an exhaust for around 250.
yeah i ended up paying around $315 expensive but not as much as greddy (600+)....my buddy here in tampa told me he could have got it done for like 120....oh well ..im satisfied so far...i got it done at meineke..they did it in like an hour...good job..i recommend those guys...while i was sitting there some kid..had a the new GTO and was removing his muffler....he was telling me all about it and how a focus svtkept up with him on the insterstate with a turbo..woah getting off subject....yeah i found it cheaper than the greddy evo 2..its 2.5 piping with a thunderbolt exhaust.. kinda loud..but low...kinda drony but not to bad..still getting adjusted to the sound..sounds awesome when i rev in neutral...had my buddy rev it while i stood behind the car...so nice...hearing the CAI suck in air..and the exhuast blow out in sync..nice stuff...:tu:
.they said they can do a high flow cat and header for around 400..kinda of expensive...but for headers i think im gonna raise the dough for a dc header and get a high flow cat off of ebay...and do it myself...still undecided..........im trying to save for a NOS kit tho :evil: but yeah meineke here does a good job...each meineke is different because of franchise so i dont know about your town.

That1guyN8
08-10-2005, 05:27 AM
lol I love how you started to get off topic then you caught yourself. I went to meineke once, good guys like you said. Was the exhaust $315 including installation?

You'll save money on headers if you buy megan racing's. There only like a 1-2HP less than dc sports and there cheaper <always a plus. People seem to like them. The only downfall is they turn colors.

I think I'm going to buy the type 2 megan racing catback w/ headers and cat for lil over 500 shipped. <that's of course when I get money to do this.

93EXaesthetic
08-10-2005, 06:00 AM
lol I love how you started to get off topic then you caught yourself. I went to meineke once, good guys like you said. Was the exhaust $315 including installation?

You'll save money on headers if you buy megan racing's. There only like a 1-2HP less than dc sports and there cheaper <always a plus. People seem to like them. The only downfall is they turn colors.

I think I'm going to buy the type 2 megan racing catback w/ headers and cat for lil over 500 shipped. <that's of course when I get money to do this.

yeah 315 included everything....yeah i get off topic sometimes ...heh
yeah thanks im gonna look into the megan headers now.might be lighter on the wallet....hmm let me check ebay see how much they run for...obx might be a good option .

HondaMatt
08-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Yo dude, I have a 2.5" Full exhaust, straight from the header, on the H22 I Installed in my car. I felt that the bigger exhaust on the F22 was killing my gas mileage, as well as I was loosing power.
A 2.25" exhaust on the F22 will suit fine. Just make sure you use a sport cat, and get it made up by a professional, which should cost less.

HondaFan81
08-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Yo dude, I have a 2.5" Full exhaust, straight from the header, on the H22 I Installed in my car. I felt that the bigger exhaust on the F22 was killing my gas mileage, as well as I was loosing power.
A 2.25" exhaust on the F22 will suit fine. Just make sure you use a sport cat, and get it made up by a professional, which should cost less.

2.25" exhaust on a stock/mildly modded F22...you can go bigger if you have enough mods ;) , most don't though....