PDA

View Full Version : All cb7's in WA that want CF hood/trunk check this out.

slammedEX
09-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Ok now i know there was like 4 or 5 of you that wanted a carbon fiber trunk and hood. Now i have some more info on them on how they're being made. They're gonna be 2 to 3 layers of cross stitched (universal) carbon fiber with rolled edges. Depending on how many people want them they will be about 250-300 for each or trunk and hood for 500. I'm going to use a 92-93 4 door trunk for the mold and my hood. So if anybody wants any specific thing let me know and we'll see how it goes. Thanks

Josh

PS this might not be the spot for this thread but its the only place i could get a hold of cb7's in WA

Gen4Acclude
09-05-2005, 12:48 PM
want more details i want a hood and trunk, will good resin be use meaning uv resistent have seen hoods turn yellow got cash in hand, may be get the fillers on the side of the car between the front and back windows in carbon as well, maybe get cowl cover were the wipers are in carbon as well would make for good detail would be sick ass hell get back to me i live in montesano which is in grays harbor, drop a pm

arrozburner
09-05-2005, 12:53 PM
im not in wa but i have been looking for a c.f. trunk that has the inner tail lights shaved...if so, then i'll take one of those

snailin91
09-05-2005, 06:41 PM
i'm in for $500.00 on the pair out the door. but i still wanna run my 91 red/clears. so if there is a way to make that work, it would be great. but if i have to switch out my tails, then i would prefer to pay $450.00 due to the fact of having to purchess new tails. let me know whats up? i'll drive down for pick up. :tu:

accord4thgen
09-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm still interested in a hood and trunk....best to get both so they match.

As for the mold I would suggest you make sure the main molds come from OEM Honda Trunks and Hoods so there is good fitment.

Will there be any UV protectant and a good layer of clear coat applied? I don't want my investment turning to junk :tu:

Thanks
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

phatdoughnut
09-05-2005, 08:01 PM
who and where are these gona get done josh? more details definatly, id be down.

slammedEX
09-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok...here is the scoop. My friend sean's dad owns a business building boats out of fiber glass. He's been doing it for about 20 years. Even built his own race car out of carbon fiber and fiberglass about 10 years ago and it had a rotary engine in it. He has this roll of carbon fiber collecting dust in the corner of his shop worth about 6,000 dollars. My friend ryan works for him and he said that if i get 5 or 6 people that will definitely do it, Then he'll do either one. If not..then its not worth making the mold. His shop is called Woodland Marine in woodland, WA. My friend has a 90 accord so we might use his trunk because i like the way his tail lights are. and yes im pretty sure he's gonna use some UV stuff because he uses CF on his boats too. Oh and he's a professional painter too which is kind of cool. But yeah thats the scoop.. any questions?

JaK FRoSTWhiTE
09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
SO this is only for the people in Washington Correct?

Gen4Acclude
09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
SO this is only for the people in Washington Correct?
i would have to say no cause it would be kinda dumb to no except more business and money on the whole deal if it were up to me

snailin91
09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
you have to remember that there is only one roll of CF. so actually its kinda prolly first come first serve. :tu:

slammedEX
09-05-2005, 11:45 PM
well the roll of CF can make approximately 83 hoods. But this isnt a use up all the CF kind of thing. and its too much to ship them. so im trying out a couple local and see how it goes after that. Im not trying to start a business or anything im just trying to make a couple hoods and trunks to start out. but yeah.

arrozburner
09-06-2005, 02:16 PM
well if you get a trunk with shaved inner tail lights then i would definately be in

CBL
09-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Oh woodland never mind haha

I'm down too. Woodinville is pretty close.

snailin91
09-06-2005, 06:26 PM
i've got a 01 1500 chev van all gutted. so why dont we make orders up, take some deposit's to get this rollin. once they are all done, i will drive down to Battel Ground and pick them up. i will deliver them to your residence for an additional fee of $10.00. but i wanna do all deliveries on the same day. so have your cash ready and lets get this started. if you wanna drive down to more or less Oregon to get your product, that is fine by me. just try'n to save some hassel. let me know. :tu:

accord4thgen
09-06-2005, 09:53 PM
I call shot-gun for the ride if this happens :tu:
________
Arianna_S (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Arianna_S/)

Gen4Acclude
09-06-2005, 10:09 PM
how much of a deposit if its crap do we get money back, so you sait five bills for a hood and trunk so what like half down half on delivery, snail you know when you get to my house you might end up staying for a bit lol

slammedEX
09-06-2005, 10:40 PM
oh one more thing...its battle ground...not battel ground...l before the e :)

Gen4Acclude
09-06-2005, 11:01 PM
oh one more thing...its battle ground...not battel ground...l before the e :)
you mean cattle ground

slammedEX
09-06-2005, 11:55 PM
yeah...that too -_-

jdmaccord253
09-07-2005, 01:24 PM
soo....i guess imma lil late..did u do the cf deal already?? how did it turn out??? any pikkz or something??? im interested in both if u still have ...thankzzz
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/jdmaccord253/jdmacccord.jpg

phatdoughnut
09-07-2005, 03:32 PM
your way to late, deal was over like 5months ago..

slammedEX
09-07-2005, 03:45 PM
lol nothing has happened yet...we're still figuring everything out. you're just in time :)

snailin91
09-07-2005, 05:34 PM
hey "slammedEX" if i got some cash left over, i'll bring $250.00 to the 25th meet. that will be my deposit. but i thinks i'm gonna throw her into the paint shop right b4 the meet. so at the meet you guys wont have to see the crappy paint. still up in the air about the paint. but i will try to have some 250.00 for ya at the meet. and remember, you are in the cb7 family, and family DONT get SCREWED OVER!!! :tu:

accord4thgen
09-07-2005, 07:30 PM
So what trunk are you going to use for sure now?
________
Prilosec settlement information (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

snailin91
09-07-2005, 08:05 PM
most likly not ours :thumbsdwn :tu:

jdmaccord253
09-07-2005, 09:29 PM
where are all yall meetn up??? the 25th where at???

snailin91
09-07-2005, 09:36 PM
you are in the CF hood and trunk thread. the meet is the thread below this one. :tu:

slammedEX
09-08-2005, 01:02 AM
im going to use a 90-91 trunk i think...i like those tails.

aarbug1
09-08-2005, 09:38 AM
let me know when to pick up both. i have cash in hand. pm me when deal is ready. :tu:

snailin91
09-08-2005, 01:27 PM
thank god you gonna use our lid. personally did not wanna convert to different tails. cause i love my Red/Clears. :tu:

and i will be handeling delivery ish's. unless i get fired by the time they are ready for drop off. but i really dont see that happinin. :eyebrow: :tu:

slammedEX
09-08-2005, 04:52 PM
ok guys i have more information on the whole deal. Basically what it comes down to is we need a hood and a trunk lid that nobody cares about because he said that after the mold the hood might be damaged...but the hood needs to be in good condition. We're gonna use his trunk lid but we need a hood. I'm going to look around junk yards and what not to try to find one but if somebody local has one bring her on down! thanks guys Late.

phatdoughnut
09-08-2005, 04:55 PM
this is probably gona take like 2months, unless the guy who is making them doesnt have anything else to do...

aarbug1
09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
i can get you a hood and drop it off one of these weeks my buddy ownes a body shop and has a couple of cb7's sitting there. ill see what i can do. i also run deliveries to portland area on wednesdays for work so i can toss one in and drop it off. ill let you know as soon as i find out if he has one in now or when it will be here. pm me for any more info :tu:

snailin91
09-08-2005, 05:21 PM
the hood needs to be absolutly flawless. because it will be used to make the mold. there for you want your mold to be perfect. no chips no dents no waves. if you want, you can take $170.00 off my price of deposit, and i will buy a brand new CAPPA hood. it is stronger so it wont flex under pressure of making the mold off the hood. let me know cause i want this on my car with in 2 months of right now.
and the reason why i know all this, is cause i've been doing mold and haul repair on boats for about 5 years. so pick wich way your gonna go. and how many layers is these products gonna be? hopfully 6 min-7 max. :tu:

slammedEX
09-08-2005, 10:06 PM
k my number is 360-606-1392 gimme a call when you're gonna come by portland and i'll tell you where i live. That'd be awesome if you got a hood because it'd speed everything up.

snailin91
09-09-2005, 12:16 AM
i'll order the hood on this friday, it'll be in by monday or tuesday. it'll be a donation of sorts on my hood and trunk. i'll give you the recipt, so you know excatly how much to deduct off my purchess price. and im indian so i dont pay tax. not really, j,k :tu:

slammedEX
09-09-2005, 02:49 AM
either one works...the dood coming down to portland to deliver shit can drop one off if you have one and you can buy one too if you want..we'll see which comes up first

aarbug1
09-09-2005, 09:15 AM
i wil check what he has and if the hoods have wave or anything ill let you know. otherwise ill pm you with info.

snailin91
09-09-2005, 03:09 PM
my cappa hood will be in on tuesday, brand new still in cardboard wrap. i will drive it down to you on the 17th of this month. it only ran me $100.00. i dont pay retail, even when its brand fn new. :tu:

hey slammedEX, PM me and i'll shoot you my digits if ya need further info. i live with roomates. they and their friends are allways quick to use the phone, but never wanna pay for their longdistance calls. so i had my longdistance shut off. and i hate cells. so if ya wanna call, PM me and i'll give'm to ya. :tu:

accord4thgen
09-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Do these cappa hoods have the same diameters as OEM Honda hoods? Just wondering if they have good fitment compared to OEM hoods?
________
BODY SCIENCE (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Gen4Acclude
09-09-2005, 08:41 PM
so has the price been determend for the hood and trunk together is it still 5 bills if so i want one of each

slammedEX
09-09-2005, 09:46 PM
yeah its still about 500 give or take 50 bucks.

Gen4Acclude
09-09-2005, 09:57 PM
yeah its still about 500 give or take 50 bucks.
sweet mother of jesus put me on the list

snailin91
09-09-2005, 10:53 PM
yeah Jeff, its a perfict fit. its the one im runnin on my car. all lines match up perfect. when i put it on for the first tyme, no adjustments were needed. as long as they know what they are doing, and there is no flex or warpage, everything will be just fine. that is why i suggested to use the CAPPA for the plug, much stiffer. you can put your finger on the center of your stock hood and push. the center of the hood will flex down. the cappa allows virtually zero flex. so it will be much stronger while all the resine and cf are applied to the cappa. with no flex while the mold is "kicking" which means setting, the hood will not bow. so it will in return make a great mold.

I snailin91 am requesting one of the first 3 hoods and trunk that are made. thankyou. :tu:

slammedEX
09-10-2005, 03:59 AM
lol

accord4thgen
09-10-2005, 12:41 PM
yeah Jeff, its a perfict fit. its the one im runnin on my car. all lines match up perfect. when i put it on for the first tyme, no adjustments were needed. as long as they know what they are doing, and there is no flex or warpage, everything will be just fine. that is why i suggested to use the CAPPA for the plug, much stiffer. you can put your finger on the center of your stock hood and push. the center of the hood will flex down. the cappa allows virtually zero flex. so it will be much stronger while all the resine and cf are applied to the cappa. with no flex while the mold is "kicking" which means setting, the hood will not bow. so it will in return make a great mold.

I snailin91 am requesting one of the first 3 hoods and trunk that are made. thankyou. :tu:

Thanks bro you da man :tu: LOL :p

Hope they turn out good. So when do we need to have a deposit or have the money for this cuz I need to set aside some pennies now I guess?

Time-frame idea on all this? :bouncy:
________
Prilosec death (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

slammedEX
09-10-2005, 02:58 PM
well it only takes a couple days to mold the hood...but it takes almost a month to make the actual carbon fiber hood because it needs to cure and shit after they make it. so if i get the hood on the 17th which is next saturday...then they'll start on the following monday which will be the 19th. The hoods should be done early october. we're gonna do one or two just to start out and see how they come out. If we like then we'll make more. But yeah definitely put money aside because this aint no joke. :bouncy:

accord4thgen
09-10-2005, 04:28 PM
One other thing I was thinking about...

Are you gonna be able to make reinforced metal/aluminum hood latches so they will close like OEM hoods like vis and fiber images uses? (sorry if my terminology is wrong) OR are the only options to use hood pins? What about the trunk latches too?

Thanks man
________
CHEAP BUBBLERS (http://glassgallery.tumblr.com/bubblers/)

snailin91
09-10-2005, 09:25 PM
yah, never thought of that, dont want pins, that is total rice. so they will have latches right? :confused:

Gen4Acclude
09-10-2005, 10:34 PM
pins might be rice but carbon fiber flexes un like steel and if your hood comes open like 70+mph it will rip it off i have seen vis hoods rip off even with a hood latch, any way the latch mounting plate has to be sandwitched between the hood and underside frame i recommed steel not aluminum it tends to strip after time

KillerCam282
09-10-2005, 11:03 PM
I want a carbon fiber trunk even tho I am across the country...:boink:

sickoffthe206
09-11-2005, 02:08 AM
So when must we pay? I want both but it will take some time for me to get 500 bux.

slammedEX
09-11-2005, 03:46 AM
yeah we're gonna use a latch somehow don't worry about that ;)

aarbug1
09-12-2005, 05:40 PM
put me down for both cash in hand and waiting. :bouncy:

snailin91
09-12-2005, 07:56 PM
hey slammedEX,, you should make a list of who'm exactly is going to come up with the cash. and who is just talk. if you have a list, it would be easier to guage at how much work is to be done. :tu:

Gen4Acclude
09-12-2005, 08:37 PM
i will have my deposit at the meet

snailin91
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
sounds like things are happining. :tu:

slammedEX
09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
aight anybody that is going to buy a hood bring a deposit of 100 bux to the meet that way you can reserve yours lol. You can pay the rest when it gets made. Just to reassure you guys i won't rip you off i'll personally give you my address in a pm so that way you can come kick my ass if i do. But i won't so there's nothing to worry about. oh and i'm getting that hood this saturday from him so we'll be able to start. If you want one i'm gonna make a list next post so whoever is for sure gonna deposit then say I and i'll update a list in a little bit. thanks

Josh

ps if you have any questions let me know at 360-606-1392

Gen4Acclude
09-12-2005, 10:42 PM
i will get you half at the meet

snailin91
09-13-2005, 12:35 AM
hey, you got a kid to pay for, and im not talking about your accord. he is only asking for a C note in deposit. so just give him a C note. dont stretch your self thin. well i dont know your income level. just sayin no reason to go overboard. wow i sound like a dad. (fuck no not yet. still wanna be a kid)... JK :wavey: :tu:

slammedEX
09-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Well guys i talked to the boss himself today and things aren't looking too well..He said he won't know how much its gonna cost to make a hood until we make one and he said that he doesn't want to make one unless he's gonna make money off of it so if we do make a hood it'll probably be around 500 :( i'm so sorry guys he changed his attitude about everything. But he still wants that hood thats comin down here so he can take a look at it and figure out how he's gonna make it. And he wanted me to get all the people that are FOR SURE gonna buy one but since they're gonna be around 500 dollars i doubt anybody is going to want one now :( i'm soo sorry...if you're willing to pay that much then he'll make one. The hood probably won't have the windshield wiper squirter holes and might not have some of the stuff on the skeleton underneath...but it will definitely look oem from the top and it'll be made really good...i feel like such an asshole about this i'm soo sorry..If anybody wants my address so they can come kick my ass for making such a big deal about this i'll understand...

accord4thgen
09-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Its not your fault man...shit happens when you aren't in charge and have to rely on other people to come through....but in life there are many people that don't. Again not your fault....more so its the person making it. Good luck!!
________
Latina Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

SMseagren83
09-15-2005, 07:18 PM
man, that really sucks, not that i was getting one, but just cuz he changed his mind....not ur fault bro! u know what though, since people can get hoods for under 500, u should maybe thnk about making a carbon fiber front lip for our CB_7s!! Id be SERIOUSLY interested in that! even an oem 92-93 style carbon fiber front lip! that'd sell!! id buy one for 2-3bills!
-Sean

slammedEX
09-15-2005, 07:41 PM
yeah i dont know...i'll ask him about it..i feel so shitty :(

snailin91
09-15-2005, 07:44 PM
i dont mean to sound like a prick, but what the hell am i going to do with this friggin hood in my garage? i thought this was a locked up deal. meaning all lights green... so therefor i bought the hood for the plug... still unopend, all wrapped up.. so what should i do? let me know.... :confused: :eyebrow:

slammedEX
09-15-2005, 07:49 PM
stick it up my ass..its my fault...he says he still wants to see the hood and make one..but he won't sell it for 250...he doesnt want to break even..he wants to make money off of it..bring it down anyway...i'll buy it from you so you can get your money back. I'm really sorry man

snailin91
09-15-2005, 07:56 PM
sorry if post sounded pissy. had a moment of "flash rage" but im fine now...
drive your car up to the meet with no hood. SERIOUSLY it will be ok. when you get to the meet, we will quickly cruise to my house to put it on. i'll still sell it for exactly what i paid. my place is like 15 min away from the shop where we all met. infact its like 2 minutes away from where we had burgers that night. it'll take like 5 min to through on your car. i would bring it down. but not headin that far south this weekend. so let me know. :tu:

OnE eYe GuY
09-15-2005, 08:26 PM
leave the hood at the shop? maybe, i dunno.

Gen4Acclude
09-15-2005, 08:33 PM
that fuckin sucks royal black donkey nuts with dried shit i so wanted a trunk, hood was no big deaal already have one but new is always betteras far as breakin even the material is less then 150 a hood so he would make 100 off the hood and as far as the trunk goes im guessing like max 200 in materials for 5 bills you could get a vis hood, i will talk to my old bossin oregon about makin some hood and trunk and i promise the quality will be better if he was to do it after all he makes drag shell for people like John Force

slammedEX
09-15-2005, 10:31 PM
tell bob that it only costs 150 to make one...he'll tell you you're wrong.

Gen4Acclude
09-16-2005, 08:29 PM
tell bob that it only costs 150 to make one...he'll tell you you're wrong.
what ever i made my hood and it was a little less then 150 in materials it the time thats expensive but hay if no one wants me to see if i can get them made for us thats ok but im going to have a trunk made for sure

slammedEX
09-16-2005, 09:11 PM
fuckin lets do this! i want one made...but see bob agreed on it being like 150 for the materials but he wanted to put labor in too...it was ***

SMseagren83
09-16-2005, 09:32 PM
im in for a carbon fiber OEM front lip! otherwise its too much to invest in......

accord4thgen
09-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Id take a carbon fiber front lip if its around the size/shape as a stock one and in the $150-$200 price range no higher.

LMK
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

SMseagren83
09-17-2005, 05:34 PM
^^ exactly!!^^ OEM style!! from a 92-93 would be perfect! ud get a ton of buyers too!!
-Sean

marooncb7
09-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Im 4 sure interested. Im in Battle ground WA all tha time cuz my friend David Brownlee lives there. I live in Portland. but id 4 sure b down for a trunk and a hood

marooncb7
09-22-2005, 08:23 PM
damn just read the other pages of tha forum that i didnt see b4 that last post so i guess n/m but if u have anything for a 92 accord u come across or anything hit me up, im just over tha river