PDA

View Full Version : Hi! New CB7 Owner Inside.

runt
11-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Well my name is Runt, just as my s/n implies, i've always loved the styline of the 90-93 Accords and just picked up one as a daily today. She needs some love but for having 170K on the clock, she runs just fine. I probably won't be modifying it but i figure this would be a good place to start if i want to know what to expect.

I work for a place here in Dallas called Forced Performance, we build/rebuild custom turbochargers and have been told on occasion we're good at it. I do have a hobby car but i'll keep that to myself as to keep the flames low for now.

Here are some pictures of my catch.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/Runtmasterflex/unrice1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/Runtmasterflex/unrice4.jpg

FYI i didn't put the ricer nozzles on there, however i will be the one to take them off. Hope to enjoy this site and learn something new.

Runt

blackcb7
11-13-2006, 04:24 PM
the paint looks nice man, a nice clean car to start with

welcome to the site:tu:

and please learn how to use the search button for future reference, kthnks

runt
11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
the paint looks nice man, a nice clean car to start with

welcome to the site:tu:

and please learn how to use the search button for future reference, kthnks

The paint is actually complete crap, the pictures do it a major justice. It's rough and orange peeling, it also has trash really badly in certain parts. However it's all one color and i'm not really going to complain for a beater.

I'm a member of a many "elitest prick" boards, i'm well acquainted with the search button, but thanks for the heads up.

Runt

sackingz123
11-13-2006, 04:53 PM
welcome to the forum...

looks good by the pictures..

ready for a drop???

or just turbo it and keep it as a sleeper :thumbsup: f22s are strong engines, they take a whole alotta to take them down

runt
11-13-2006, 04:55 PM
welcome to the forum...

looks good by the pictures..

ready for a drop???

or just turbo it and keep it as a sleeper :thumbsup: f22s are strong engines, they take a whole alotta to take them down

No going to keep it prett much stock, in fact i'm getting rid of the doo doo exhaust just to put the stocker back on. I have a fast car already, this is just to have something nice to drive and get good gas mileage.

Runt

Accordolictx
11-13-2006, 05:11 PM
I like the color. Where is your shop located in Dallas. My CB7 and I want to pay a little visit.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g301/playboyolictx/CourtAccdSide.jpg

sackingz123
11-13-2006, 05:16 PM
No going to keep it prett much stock, in fact i'm getting rid of the doo doo exhaust just to put the stocker back on. I have a fast car already, this is just to have something nice to drive and get good gas mileage.

Runt
is it too loud??

Jdmcb791
11-13-2006, 10:53 PM
look good then welcome to cb7 tuner member !!!!

Father Time
11-13-2006, 11:10 PM
The paint is actually complete crap, the pictures do it a major justice. It's rough and orange peeling, it also has trash really badly in certain parts. However it's all one color and i'm not really going to complain for a beater.

Welcome to the board! Looks pretty damn good for a 170k " Beater ".

Easycustoms
11-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the board man. Im a newbie too. Dont worry about being flamed for anything man. The more you look around the site you will realize the flaming is kept to a minimum.... So whats your other car? :bouncy:

drummersteve7
11-13-2006, 11:55 PM
no one here is gunna flame ya for havin what appears to be in the garage a project eclipse. Its all good. Its not the tools you have its how you use em IMO. After all gettin a CB and saying your not gunna modify it is like saying your not gunna score with a girl from the brothel. Good to see ya a part of the CB7 family. Take care!

Easycustoms
11-14-2006, 12:39 AM
no one here is gunna flame ya for havin what appears to be in the garage a project eclipse. Its all good. Its not the tools you have its how you use em IMO. After all gettin a CB and saying your not gunna modify it is like saying your not gunna score with a girl from the brothel. Good to see ya a part of the CB7 family. Take care!

WOW great eye! It does look like a DSM.

ACCORDianate
11-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Be sure to put in a balance shaft seal retainer clip for preventative maintenance if you just picked it up, as the seal tends to walk over time. The 94-97 F22s had a TSB, yet the 90-93 F22s didn't.

PM Corey (mrhonda) for your window switch issue [from DI.net]; he works as a tech at Honda McKinney.

runt
11-14-2006, 08:47 AM

Hahaha yeah it's a Talon but yeah close enough, the CB7 is strictly for daily driving duties. I might put some alloys on it and some a nice stereo or something, but that's about it. I just don't see the use in modifying a car that's heavy, FWD, and automatic. I've just always really liked the way they looked and after owning a 96 Accord a while back knew them to be pretty damn reliable.

Runt

runt
11-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Be sure to put in a balance shaft seal retainer clip for preventative maintenance if you just picked it up, as the seal tends to walk over time. The 94-97 F22s had a TSB, yet the 90-93 F22s didn't.

PM Corey (mrhonda) for your window switch issue [from DI.net]; he works as a tech at Honda McKinney.

Hey man thanks for the heads up, how are things in cold country?

Runt

runt
11-14-2006, 08:52 AM
is it too loud??

No it just sounds horrible, i'm all for deep throaty sounding exhaust, but annoying raspy exhausts are not my bag.

Runt

NAiL05
11-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Nice pickup. You should checkout the meet around the Dallas area Dec 17 in the regional section. Prob cant post there but you can still read up. You wouldnt happen to be on DI also? Seen that similar sn around on there.

runt
11-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Nice pickup. You should checkout the meet around the Dallas area Dec 17 in the regional section. Prob cant post there but you can still read up. You wouldnt happen to be on DI also? Seen that similar sn around on there.

Hahaha yup same Runt you know and love on DI.

Runt

Lantis
11-14-2006, 12:16 PM
ahahhahahhahhahahahahahhaahahhaa noob

Now that that is out of the way.

Not everyone on here is rice and h22 f22 fanboys. Thanks for assuming they are though.

There are actually some really nice clean looking accords on here. Check out the Member's Rides section.

And there is about 5-6 other members on here from DFW and at least 2-3 of them are also on DI.

The reason you got told to use the search feature is that most people don't and they tend to start new threads asking questions that have been asked a thousand times already.

fourdoor
11-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Looks like a good steal. I want to get a stocker exhaust back, when i purchased my car, it had an exhaust tip on it. Been lazy though.

gdout90accord
11-14-2006, 01:43 PM
hey are you the same RUNT on DALLASIMPORTS.NET? I think dats you since you work at FP, Heard alot of good things bout you on DI. check out the regional section for the december meet if your interested.

jdm4doorcb7
11-14-2006, 02:20 PM
nice car i like that gator in the background i used to have one they are fun in the mud lol

runt
11-15-2006, 09:53 AM
ahahhahahhahhahahahahahhaahahhaa noob

Now that that is out of the way.

Not everyone on here is rice and h22 f22 fanboys. Thanks for assuming they are though.

There are actually some really nice clean looking accords on here. Check out the Member's Rides section.

And there is about 5-6 other members on here from DFW and at least 2-3 of them are also on DI.

The reason you got told to use the search feature is that most people don't and they tend to start new threads asking questions that have been asked a thousand times already.

Good to see you're as big of an idiot on this board as you are on DI.

Runt

gdout90accord
11-15-2006, 12:43 PM
ay runt is this dat 1300$ that was for sale on DI?

runt
11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
ay runt is this dat 1300$ that was for sale on DI?

Yup that's the one.

Runt

uniqueCB7boi
11-16-2006, 12:50 PM
welcome veyr veyr clean ride... i like the colour

runt
11-16-2006, 05:26 PM
welcome veyr veyr clean ride... i like the colour

Uhh thanks.

Runt