PDA

View Full Version : Brake Shudder

AccordWarrior
04-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey Everyone

I just had my brakes redone last weekend...I know I know...I shoulda done it myself and all that...but I didn't have the time, tools, or experience to do it, and I needed to have my car good to go for last week...and yes, I'm angry I didn't get a chance to upgrade any of my parts...

My concern is now when I am on the highway and hit the brakes at 60-70 mph, they shudder terribly...it doesn't do it when I'm doing 50, but they didn't do it before I got the brakes redone...like at low speeds them seem to be fine, but as higher speeds, they don't...it feels like I have warped rotors almost...which is crazy because the pads, rotors, and bearings were redone...

Now I know my car has a slight shudder at 60-70, that goes away when I go faster...

Is this a concern?...it just weirds me out my car shakes, I'm going back to the mechanic sometime because the ball joints are dead as well...but its just where the car didn't do it before hand...do I have the right to ask him to fix that?

Slateboy
04-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Alignment and/or Struts

AccordWarrior
04-25-2004, 12:21 AM
I thought about that too, but the mechanic said nothing about my struts...and I had been on the highway right before I dropped the car off and the brakes were fine...that's what gets me...could the CV replacement knock the alignment out that much?...i mean it pulls straight on the highway...I'm just saying...is it something where the mechanic f-d up on my brakes and I need to get it redone?