PDA

View Full Version : project "wifey" but not really some pix

siresmerph
11-25-2006, 02:08 AM
well first things first...my name is Isaac and im from deep south TX. the car was bought a few months ago, and due to me quitting my job of 4 yrs right after i bought the car, not much has been done to it. now with funds commin back on track gonna pick up the pace. the car was bought with no engine, and after gutting out most of the wiring and brackets, fuse box, ect. i took out the tranny. took me a long while to do it but hey one man show here. my wife has always loved the style of the "cb7" so when i saw it hiding junked in the back of this guys yard i jumped at the chance. so hence the "wifey" project. i gutted out the front end since parts are plentiful and cheap im gonna do a complete rebuild from bottom-up. for example headlights are 42 bucks new where i go get my stuff. anyway! right now all the suspension is being done by me lil by lil. color of paint is already chosen alot of accessories (tail lights, strut bars ect.) are already planned out. pretty much all of it is already planned out just need the time and coins. as far as engine and tranny go....tranny is gutted and cleaned. once we get our income check in feb.-march, tranny will be rebuild, and engine will be bought. ENGINE!! still learning all the "cb7" lingo. sticking to the f22, lots of polishing internals, no porting. larger tb and port matching, cam and other lil things will be put in. being it that it's the wifes car she doesn't need all the extra goodies. we want the car more for longevity. if we can get 200k miles out of it, GREAT!!! pics of progress will be posted as i go along. critizisim (speel chk) is greatly apprciated. on with the pics!!!

wait!! won't let me post pics.....i seem to be having some tech. diff. please be patient with me.

well since i cant post pics for some reason here are the links to my malibu and taurus that i had and worked on so you all can see where i've been and what direction im headed.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/622374

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1652242

siresmerph
11-25-2006, 07:29 PM
more pics

siresmerph
11-25-2006, 07:31 PM
more pics again

siresmerph
11-25-2006, 07:33 PM
check them rims out yo!! talk bout old school

these are not the rims going on, that's what they came with

siresmerph
11-25-2006, 07:38 PM
let me know what you all think!!

yardiexd40
11-25-2006, 09:13 PM
I started out just like that,though not as bad, just try to get the engine up and running and take it easy one day at a time,don't be in too much of a hurry or else you are going to end up buying things twice, do a lot of research,I am not there as yet myself, wishing you all the best.

JDMH22ACB7
11-25-2006, 10:24 PM
good start man, i always did like that color on the accord! i liked the taurus too, the coolest taurus ive seen anyhow, what happened to it?

siresmerph
11-26-2006, 02:17 AM
good start man, i always did like that color on the accord! i liked the taurus too, the coolest taurus ive seen anyhow, what happened to it?

well i fell behind on some payments due to helping out my parents with some bills. car got repoed. payed em back to get my car, then my parents got back on track and took over payments. so now my dad has a nice looking bull. the only thing that stayed on there was the rims/tires. everything else was taken off and sold. time to start over again huh.

siresmerph
11-26-2006, 02:22 AM
I started out just like that,though not as bad, just try to get the engine up and running and take it easy one day at a time,don't be in too much of a hurry or else you are going to end up buying things twice, do a lot of research,I am not there as yet myself, wishing you all the best.

yea engine and tranny work will be done with income tax. as for now ive got the struts KYB GR2s and springs should be here on monday EIBACH SPORTLINE. did some grinding and some painting on the brake calipers and the fork. ill put pics tommorrow. working on one side/corner at a time. since cash flow is back and we gotta catch up with some bills and stuff, ya know.

JDMH22ACB7
11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
yeah bro, i hear you there. ive had my car for 6 years. put the h22 in about 3 1/2 years ago. i'm 22 and finally getting wheels,tires,lsd,clutch and several goodies of the jdm variety. these cars are fun as hell just dont skimp on the suspension components, i have about the middle of the line 5-way adjustable tokico shocks with a sprint 2.25 in drop.i havent even got simple strut brace bars on yet. i need to get some pictures up.

siresmerph
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
work i did over thanxgiving..sanded down the fork and caliper/cap bracket. then shot the fork with some high heat black paint and caliper and bracket with dupri caliper paint. what you think

siresmerph
11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
bought the struts bout a week ago, paid $235 for all 4.

siresmerph
11-27-2006, 10:23 PM
got these babies today.

siresmerph
11-27-2006, 10:26 PM
paid $220. shipped from HORSEPOWERFREAKS.COM took a week cus of thanksgiving. but im in no hurry

90cb7beast
11-27-2006, 10:56 PM
hey man i like what ur doin. u paid way too much for the parts u got so far. shop on ebay for some parts. its ALOT cheaper. i got a tein damper for 675 on there and i get most of my things from there. i really liked ur malibu btw. good luck with the project.

sirs1ayer
11-28-2006, 12:51 AM
dude you are a beast at restoring crap
its like once you start you can't stop holy shiznite.
all happends pretty quick too..

can't wait to see this foo up and going i imagine it will be pretty hot

JDMH22ACB7
11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah props to you on getin the parts, they were right about ebay you can find some great deals there. ive found most of my rare jdm stuff on there.

siresmerph
11-29-2006, 10:14 PM
thanks guys for all the comments. i like to think through these types of things and try to visualize the finished product. lots of planning and waiting. like i tell alot of people, it's hard...when you don't win the lottery.