PDA

View Full Version : lowest miles eva? my 92 lx w/ 19k actual miles!

everdave
01-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Had this a few months now - when I got it, it only had 18XXX miles on it! put about 1k on it so far.

Here is the story: I bought it at a foreclosure auction, the old man had dozens of pieces of property and was being forced to sell them off. This accord was sitting in the backyard, hadn't been driven in a few years, tons of leaves and dirt, and the interior had never been vacuumed - kind of gross.

But about a weeks worth of scrubbing revealed a virtually perfect interior!

I changed the timing belt, water pump and gave it a full tune up just to be safe, and the original stuff was all in there so I wanted to make sure, as I hope to keep this car at least 5-10 years and with these miles I think I can!

Unfortunately it needs a quarter panel on the driver's side (from a fender bender I assume) and there are some scratches and dings, but I am saving up to get all that fixed. If anyone ever comes across some perfect fenders in opal green let me know!

Added the factory wheels (bought them off ebay) as I want to keep this stock looking and restored...

Here are the pics:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/746/frontviewsmallpw9.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8397/interiordriverssmallsm5.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6398/rearviewsmallzd4.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4159/odosmallqn1.jpg

MikeW
01-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Dude...stop driving that car!! Preserve every litte bit while you still can!! I did a post on this awhile back...about finding a cb in some back lot barn with like 20K on it....i dunno how you feel about it, but maybe post a list of all the stuff it still has from the factory......??

Prez808
01-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Beautiful! I love that rare color. Not driving a car enough can be as bad or even worse than a really high mileage car. Be sure to check out all the important pieces like timing belt/water pump etc when you have the chance. I know there's definately more to check out, but can't think of it at the moment. I'm sure others will chime in. :tu:

MikeW
01-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Ok, well, dont stop driving it, but maybe drive it a few blcoks..maybe on Sundays...?

everdave
01-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Dude...stop driving that car!! Preserve every litte bit while you still can!! I did a post on this awhile back...about finding a cb in some back lot barn with like 20K on it....i dunno how you feel about it, but maybe post a list of all the stuff it still has from the factory......??

Do you have a link?

And don't worry too much, I don't drive that much (live across the street from my college, etc...) so it will probably only see 3-5k miles a year if that.

Beautiful! I love that rare color. Not driving a car enough can be as bad or even worse than a really high mileage car. Be sure to check out all the important pieces like timing belt/water pump etc when you have the chance. I know there's definately more to check out, but can't think of it at the moment. I'm sure others will chime in.

THANKS! But yes as soon as I got it, I didn't even put 50 miles on it and I went and spent a ton replacing timing belt/water pump/drive belts etc... as they had been on there since 1992. Didn't want to take any chances!

Maple50175
01-06-2007, 04:31 PM
haha sweet man!

Granite CB7
01-06-2007, 04:41 PM
That's a gem! Take great care of it and drive safely :tu: Were the calipers seized up? How's the condition of the whole suspension? What other things did it need or what else did you replace on it?

everdave
01-06-2007, 04:48 PM
That's a gem! Take great care of it and drive safely :tu: Were the calipers seized up? How's the condition of the whole suspension? What other things did it need or what else did you replace on it?

no nothing was seized up from sitting, BUT i had to replace the control arms and bearing on the drivers rear wheel from the fender bender - which I guess is why the old man parked the car! The rear wheel was slightly cocked. So I got a trusted shop to do that and they fixed it up good as new - aligns perfectly and everything. Easy fix and only a couple hundred bucks!

The suspension was great - I told the shop to replace or fix ANYTHING AT ALL it needed and they didn't even want to do the brakes or anything on the suspension other than what I mentioned - they said it would just be a waste!

Other than that I just did all the tune up stuff, the timing belt and water pump i mentioned, brand new tires, the wheels from ebay, and there were a few tiny pieces missing (like the tan clips in the trunk) but i am obsessive and got all those from a pull-a-part.

By the way if anyone needs any tan interior parts I have quite a few (I actually just bought a parts car yesterday to have as a backup - in case I ever need a window or something - yes I am CB7 crazy now and this is my first honda EVER! and I am 29!)

Oh and it had the factory floor mats! The rears were absolutely untouched - I honestly think no one had ever sat in the backseat until I bought the car and took my friends out to eat! But sadly there was an ink spot on one and they were both kind of dirty, they are still in my trunk where they will stay, but I bought some matching custom mats off ebay to protect the interior, I took the factory perfect rears out to preserve them! Maybe one day when I have the car showroom perfect I will have my factory fronts recovered and put them back in.

Granite CB7
01-06-2007, 05:08 PM
^Nice job, you're very meticulous :tu:

ExplodingCake
01-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Put that in a Museum!! :D lol j/k.. take care of that car :tu:

kyle240
01-06-2007, 09:35 PM
damn the interior is hella clean

4CYLPOWER92
01-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Nice find there buddy :thumbsup: You got the EX wheels too, which look better than the LX ones IMO.

BlackMagicCB7
01-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Lets hope the body holds up nice. That thing is going to last you for years if you keep it in good shape. You did a nice job cleaning that car up, I can't imagine how filthy it was after sitting for a couple of years.

Smokinspeeds
01-07-2007, 12:53 AM
VERY good find, definately keep it. Heck you could beat the crap out of it and get another 100k easily b/c it's a honda. Treat it good you'll get 200k plus more. :tu:

street_beauty90
01-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Put that in a Museum!! :D lol j/k.. take care of that car :tu:

That is soo true, you are one lucky man! take care of that car more then yourself :D

:thumbsup: GOOD JOB :thumbsup:

cali-racer
01-07-2007, 02:38 AM
That is beautiful and rare to see! Nice find!

everdave
01-07-2007, 11:43 AM
thanks for all the encouragement guys - i could have never got it this clean without the forums, i used simple green and a scrub brush on all the interior plastic bits - good as new!

HONDAaccord93se
01-07-2007, 11:56 AM
very nice

kisseyfer
01-07-2007, 12:58 PM
i thought my cb7 was a nice find....

Mike
01-07-2007, 05:29 PM
that thing is beautiful! everything thing is so clean! the opal green looks sick and black on tan interior is my favorite..give it to me! :p

i understand keepen it stock but you should drop it only like 1" all around just to get rid of the oem monster truck look

Ralphie
01-07-2007, 05:53 PM
HOly Hibiscus!!!

That thing is marvelous!! Awesome...stunning!!

19k huh? An infant lol!!!

Well do drive it, gotta enjoy it but take care of her and shell reward you. Honda's are great cars and with regular maintence and love will last forever. What tan interior parts do you have? im looking for tan trunk carpeting. I Dont know if its the same but my interior is silk ivory. Lmk if you have good cond trunk carpet you dont need!

As has been said thus far, very awesome find and enjoy it and welcome to CB7tuner.com!!

HenRoc
01-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Thats really immaculate, I wouldn't even trade that in for a new car.

Opal Green is pretty rare, right next to Geneva Green although I think only the LX's came in that color combo. Theres gotta be an original Honda brochure with the list of color options and packages that were available for the 90-93 model years.

I broke it down at KBB based on the condition you stated in your post I based it within an Exellent condition rating.:

Dealer trade in value: $2,600

Private Sale value: $3,715

Suggested Retail value: $4,905

Out of the three the last one would make you some serious cash if you ever offered it for sale, but I wouldn't sell that at all, as a matter of fact I wouldn't even hack into it either I'd keep it all original buy myself another Accord and mod that instead of your low mileage car. I vote that the car become a garage queen.

everdave
01-07-2007, 10:13 PM
HOly Hibiscus!!!

That thing is marvelous!! Awesome...stunning!!

19k huh? An infant lol!!!

Well do drive it, gotta enjoy it but take care of her and shell reward you. Honda's are great cars and with regular maintence and love will last forever. What tan interior parts do you have? im looking for tan trunk carpeting. I Dont know if its the same but my interior is silk ivory. Lmk if you have good cond trunk carpet you dont need!

As has been said thus far, very awesome find and enjoy it and welcome to CB7tuner.com!!

Hi! Silk Ivory IS what we know as TAN - just so you know. I don't have any trunk carpeting - but if yours is still there then I would go to an upholstery shop and just have it recovered. Shouldn't cost too much. I have been to a TON of junkyards and you would have to get amazingly lucky to find trunk carpeting in pristine condition.

As far as tan parts - I have most of the trunk trim (jack cover, taillight covers, etc...) plus lots of good interior bits - let me know what you are looking for and I can pull it from this parts car I just got and let you know how they look. PM ME!

Out of the three the last one would make you some serious cash if you ever offered it for sale, but I wouldn't sell that at all, as a matter of fact I wouldn't even hack into it either I'd keep it all original buy myself another Accord and mod that instead of your low mileage car. I vote that the car become a garage queen

I love this car and I have no plans on selling it - I needed a nice car and this was a perfect find. I plan on just keeping it restored and driving it, but taking extra special care of it. Should last me a very long time!

Minze
01-07-2007, 10:48 PM
i would just keep cleaning it. nice find.

Father Time
01-07-2007, 11:40 PM
DAMN!!!! If that is a diamond in the rough! :shocked:

Is it possible though? An interior cleaner than TYPE G's???????? :confused:

fobs
01-08-2007, 01:42 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! great!!!!!

bro everdave,

i think i've posted a thread asking about odometer readings. now u are number 1, coz ur mileage is only approx half of what i have (okok,... u r the number 1 left-hand drive cb,... i still hold the number 1 for rightie).

u can go peek at my thread, my odometer readings are approx 56500kms now or approx 35000. The first owner, "auntie" has her chauffer look after the car and in 14yrs, clocked 39000kms or 24000 miles. No problem with the drivebality of the car coz it was not left undriven. And unlike yours,... this car was clean in everyway when i got it. Three small scratches on the exterior and that's just it.

No mods to this cb yet, and dont intend to. I've only installed some aftermarket spotlights and rear sensor, plus a stabilzer. Original CD changer was half broken, so that was replaced.

And mine's a SUN BEAM SILVER not cb7, but cb3 2.0litres SOHC

good luck with your CB !!!

everdave
01-08-2007, 02:04 AM
awesome! thanks for that link!

mine will be low miles for a very long time too - as i mentioned before at most i put 3-5k miles a year on my cars (or less).

and i am trying to keep it absolutely spotless. i cleaned it yesterday even tho i knew for sure it would rain all day today! but hey its still shiny!

hectic702
01-10-2007, 07:13 PM
WOW!nice find keep us updated!

accordoholic
01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
That cb is mint.

JDMH22ACB7
01-10-2007, 07:44 PM
literally,both color and codition.I love that color on CBs! :thumbsup:

everdave
01-13-2007, 01:42 PM
literally,both color and codition.I love that color on CBs! :thumbsup:

THANKS! i love it too!

CBAccordA4
01-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Man, thats like striking gold, There was a staff membe rat Lincoln Tech in NJ who had a 92 EX 5 speed black paint tan inerior and only 22,000. I offered her $5000 and she wouldnt budge, dont sell that car man, it'll hold you down for another 20 years

91accord2dr
01-14-2007, 12:48 PM
i recomend a 5spd swap. plus u could sell that auto for sum money to help fund the 5 spd swap. all i could do is let the jaw drop nice find. wish it was mine.

F22HB
01-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Wow. This is one of those cars that will be worth somthin 40 years from now. You'll see it on Barette Jackson or somthing. But definetly keep it stock...Its worth more.

fobs
01-15-2007, 06:28 AM
Man, thats like striking gold, There was a staff membe rat Lincoln Tech in NJ who had a 92 EX 5 speed black paint tan inerior and only 22,000. I offered her $5000 and she wouldnt budge, dont sell that car man, it'll hold you down for another 20 years

then her 92EX is number 2,... i've dropped to number 3,...

bro everdave,... we will keep this thread as it is,... for CB members to put notice of low mileage CBs they own or those they come accross, okie???

mrvinyl33
01-19-2007, 12:16 PM
always like reading stories like this. glad to hear you rescued it. i bet the before pics would have been quite different.

This could be a contender in the American Honda Motor museum---if there was one. Especially, if you still have original paperwork...sometimes I have seen leftover papers in gloveboxes at pick 'n pulls. You might be able to match them up from there or people here.
All you'd need to do is get fresh OEM floor mats and convert back to the LX wheels, then we could all pay admission to see its glory.

Gee92
01-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Very nice and I would drive it only to car shows.........good luck

FuriousJDMLBM
01-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I think 1crawlinaccord has a 92-93 LX in his garage with something like 20 miles on it.

But hey, 19K isn't bad either...most 2006 cars have more on it than that.

sin2k5
01-19-2007, 09:11 PM
damn...i agree, ur set with this cb. trade it in?? forget it...this IS a new car...and thats gotta be the cleanest interior ive ever seen for this car -- that dash is like pure black, no fade or anything from UV. aside from gray/charcoal -- the tan/black dash is one of my fav. schemes (and i generally dont like ANY tan/brown and/or woodtrim cars!)

if i were you, i'd be torn btween keeping it fresh stock and modding it...

i'd def. snatch up a fresh/rare cb if i have the luck to find one --

midnightpearl91
01-20-2007, 10:30 AM
What an awesome find! Take care of that cb man-and I really dig that color; you don't see it too much (at least where I live).

EuroSpec
01-23-2007, 07:58 PM
kit it, h-swap it, paint it, racing seats, 19" reeimz. :bouncy:

accordtypeR
01-23-2007, 08:20 PM
First I must say welcome to the family and get yourself another ride as a DD a.s.a.p and preserve the milage on the CB....I cant believe it 19K + origional miles...WTF..

GREENCB3
01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Damn your lucky I wish I had 19k in mine instead of 221k lol.good luck wit everything.

everdave
01-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys! I am taking it to get some paint touched up on it this coming week so I am definitely trying to keep it showroom new!

tunerman
01-29-2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.kcsr.org/images/smiles/worshippy.gif wow, i'd love to have your accord. http://www.kcsr.org/images/smiles/worshippy.gif

fobs
02-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys! I am taking it to get some paint touched up on it this coming week so I am definitely trying to keep it showroom new!

any new pics???

i have almost 59000kms on my odo now.

champagneaccord
05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Damn, take care of that shit, I take care of mine like it's got that much, and it's at 133k :thumbsup:

Nice find

F22HB
05-29-2007, 02:19 PM
looks like somthing you will see at Barret Jackson's auctions in like 30 years.lol

addict_cb7
06-01-2007, 12:04 AM
i have a tan and black interior but i want to paint my door panels black as well. what do yall think. i know alot of yall like that colour scheme but whats your opinions about my idea. not to go off topic or nothing. and lol mines been drivin as if its been ran for 21.666 years. to figure that out. use 12,000 miles (the average number of miles a person puts on a car per year) divide it by the number of miles your car has, and then look at the number. mines like 260,000 miles divided by 12,000 miles/year equals 21.6666 years. pretty cool eh. and my car is only a 1991 honda LX! but it only cost me 400 dollars and interior was pratically new and the exterior (except for LX hubbies) was perfect except for the clear coat. once again. nice find homie

addict_cb7
06-01-2007, 12:07 AM
i have a tan and black interior but i want to paint my door panels black as well. what do yall think. i know alot of yall like that colour scheme but whats your opinions about my idea. not to go off topic or nothing. and lol mines been drivin as if its been ran for 21.666 years. to figure that out. use 12,000 miles (the average number of miles a person puts on a car per year) divide it by the number of miles your car has, and then look at the number. mines like 260,000 miles divided by 12,000 miles/year equals 21.6666 years. pretty cool eh. and my car is only a 1991 honda LX! but it only cost me 400 dollars and interior was pratically new and the exterior (except for LX hubbies) was perfect except for the clear coat. once again. nice find homie

kouzie
06-01-2007, 02:09 AM
DAM........THATS LOW......
can we trade? :lol: :lol: :lol: J/P

da-nteg
08-16-2007, 09:37 AM
WOW... I just bought one myself about 2 weeks ago, same color with 43k. original owner, sitting outside in the yard for about 5 years. I am going to be scrubbing this weekend.

jja1978
09-21-2007, 02:56 PM
beautiful car nice find

MR.PHIL
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
kit it, h-swap it, paint it, racing seats, 19" reeimz. :bouncy:
you need to be Bitch Slap (seriously) :boink:

..that car needs not to be driven :D

everdave
09-27-2007, 02:29 PM
I need to take more pics...

currently at 26k miles!

still going great...a few minor issues that i had to fix but i think it was from the car sitting so long...

arcadiacb7
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
i am so jealous of that interior. I wish i could get mine that clean and keep it that way. That thing is a beautiful piece of cb7. I wouldn't even mod it. I would wrap it in shrink wrap and put it away in a cool dry place. well maybe that is a little pointless

oranger
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
OMG thats incredible. Whew Keep it clean bro

abdielitopr
09-27-2007, 08:42 PM
GRANDMA GREEN FTW!!!!!!!.........welcome to site man....take care of that gem man....its super clean!!...wanna trade?!...jk... :tu:

C91BLX7
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Thats like 1200 miles per year :shrug:

tn_accords
09-27-2007, 09:01 PM
damn. nice find there everdave !! hey.. if you can .. try and show up to the meet we having in nashville.. look in the Regional Southeast forum for more details..

keep the miles as low as you can !!

accordtypeR
09-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Dude 19k miles..get yourself a beater to drive around town and store the cb.

Dark_Accord
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow Mint