CB7Tuner Forums

CB7Tuner Forums (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Explicit Speed Performance Shop (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   F22/H22/H23 Alternator/Tensioner Kits (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80214)

ESP-net 07-09-2007 09:16 PM

F22/H22/H23 Alternator/Tensioner Kits

www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net
Explicit Speed Performance
Email: ExplicitSpeed360@aol.com or ExplicitSpeedP@aol.com
AIM: ExplicitSpeed360
Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm

F22/H22/H23 Alternator/Tensioner Kits

We have a few options either the H or D series alternators on the F22/H22/H23 engine. Just switching the factory bracket out will drop a few lbs. and our kit hugs the engine more. Ideal for motor swaps with no room. Also looks better then the bulky factory cast iron piece. The D series alternator is smaller and lighter, smaller pulley, smaller belt, 3 ribbed instead of 6 has less drag and should free up some ponies. From switching the H22A alternator and factory bracket to our kit and the D series alternator there is about 6 lbs in weight savings. Our kits come complete with bolts, nuts, washers and detailed instructions. Correct belt sizes and product #'s can be found at the bottom of our Alternator/Tensioner sections on our website.

We can also provide the belts for either kit for $20 additional if you'd like:

- Cannot be ran with AC

Upper H or D series Alternator Kit
-$125 shipped US (pictured below)

http://explicitspeedperformance.net/...s/IMG_1660.jpg

http://explicitspeedperformance.net/...s/Skunked3.JPG

Lower H or D series Alternator Kit (lowest point 2" under oil pan line)
-$155 shipped US (pictured below)

http://explicitspeedperformance.net/...s/IMG_1658.jpg

http://explicitspeedperformance.net/...s/IMG_1630.jpg

sulimed 07-20-2007 07:29 PM

will a d or b eng crank pulley bolt on to a H or F crank?

the reason i ask is, if it dose i'd like to get this and a UR R-type crank pulley for a d or B eng(cause they stopped making them for our cars)

ESP-net 07-22-2007 01:03 PM

I wouldn't spend the time modding either a D or a B series crank pulley. It's a pretty precise piece.

Correct Unorthodox Racing quit making the single row H/F series crank pulley. I had one, engine didnt last long. Even the 9/10 second full drag Honda/Acuras are running the stock crank pulley, so I figure there is a big reason for it's purpose and the balancing is indeed crucial...

Jarrett 07-30-2007 05:24 PM

When you say that this kit cannot be run with A/C are you referring to both kits or just the lower kit?

F20A CB7 07-30-2007 05:33 PM

Ya i seen that the other day when i searched ur site

ESP-net 08-03-2007 06:31 PM

AC and PS not compatible...

However I think the lower kit may work with PS

bagoon316 01-20-2009 12:50 PM

bumping this back up...

if the upper kit is just a stock replacement that just hugs the block more, why cant i keep my a/c? and have you thought about making the kit that hugs the block more and keeping a/c?

will highly consider this product if i can keep my compressor.

ESP-net 01-20-2009 06:26 PM

The lower tensioning part of the kit is in the way of the AC brackets. We primarly made this kit for those Hybrid swaps who need clearance from the headlight housing and not running AC. Some of you Accords also don't run AC that is why I advertise it on here.

bagoon316 01-20-2009 11:15 PM

yeh i understand...so all it does it hits the bracket? if i notch the stock a/c bracket you think this kit will work? or does the alternator itself run into the compressor or bracket? damn lol, i want this so bad cuz it will be easier to run piping, but i want my a/c to beat the florida heat lol. suxorz, might have to dish it out just to see if i can get it to work.

WiKKeDV16 01-20-2009 11:17 PM

wrong chris.. hes saying the lower Tensioning bracket on the ESP relocator is what hits.. not the ac bracket itself..

correct?

bummer.. would also consider one if the A/C was taken into consideration.. all i want is a tighter fitting ALT so that my 3" dp fits easier.. when the time comes :bouncy:

edit: i guess u could just notch the ac bracket to hell no?

any close up pics esp?

bagoon316 01-20-2009 11:19 PM

oh i misread it. yeh i think he means it pretty much takes its place, so the alt must drop down slightly then than that of stock.

TheNextEpisode 01-21-2009 03:06 AM

Props for ESP.

Their h22a -> CRX swap kit was perfect and their customer service was better than perfect.

ESP-net 01-21-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiKKeDV16 (Post 1880138)
wrong chris.. hes saying the lower Tensioning bracket on the ESP relocator is what hits.. not the ac bracket itself..

correct?

bummer.. would also consider one if the A/C was taken into consideration.. all i want is a tighter fitting ALT so that my 3" dp fits easier.. when the time comes :bouncy:

edit: i guess u could just notch the ac bracket to hell no?

any close up pics esp?

Hey guys throw up a picture or a link to a picture of the AC mounted onto the H22 block. I want to see where it mounts to the block and I will let you know if it's possible with some extreme mods to the stock AC brackets. -John

bagoon316 01-21-2009 02:33 PM

anyone else able to help with this?? i have the f22 bracket and an H block, well i dunno what i have lol. i have a blown h in teh garage might have the bracket on it. i have an f bracket as well. jebus. ill check when i get home and get back to you.

ESP-net 01-21-2009 03:37 PM

I played around with the AC bracket and a H block I had laying around with our Upper Alternator kit. The tensioner bottom piece of the upper alt. kit is the way of the AC it self. Just not an option. -John

WiKKeDV16 01-21-2009 07:38 PM

By how much..any way we can offset ur alt relocator? Or u make us an offset version..that pushes it further up (the difference 2 clear the compressor)?
I think me and chris are willing 2 pay..for the clearance and ability 2 have ac..

ESP-net 01-21-2009 07:43 PM

1/4" would be the spacing if possible thickness of the alt. kit. However the tensioner part (nose for the actual tensioning is into the stock AC bracket just not an option. Even if you made something work. It would pretty much be ending up in the stock brackets location. Which be better to use the stock Alt and AC brackets :)

WiKKeDV16 01-21-2009 08:07 PM

Ok..here's what me and chris manily want..it CAN be in stock location..we just want it flush..with the block..for more clearance..

Chris= needs clearance for filter (piping) clearance for the inlet on his compressor of his 16g

Me= I need more clearance for a 3" dp..sure I can do pie cuts..but id rather have a the alt pushed towards the block and just have that extra room..

Cliffs

Make us a bracket that pushes the alt as close 2 the block as possible

Thanks much..

Haha..

Cam 04-19-2009 05:53 AM

So I finally got around to trying to fit the lower alternator kit and just realised that it isn't going to fit. Is this kit only supposed to be for h22's swapped into civics that don't have a lower cross member? Am I missing something? Because as far as I can see there is no way it is going to fit onto the cb? The bottom half of the bracket hits the cross member.

Would it fit if I had the ESP traction bar setup?

Hello, thanks for the inquire. Correct you will need our ESP TBS for it to clear... we should of warned you ahead of time... I always do... -John

93F22A6 06-09-2009 02:50 PM

Can/will yall make the mounts for the PS as well.