CB7Tuner Forums

CB7Tuner Forums (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/index.php)
-   CB7tuner.com Rules (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   If you have any questions regarding the rules, or if you are unsure. Please ask here (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157864)

evil_demon_01 04-11-2010 12:27 AM

If you have any questions regarding the rules, or if you are unsure. Please ask here

If you have any questions reguarding the rules, or if you are unsure of something. Please ask here.

We are more than willing to help you.
It saves you and us the hassle/discomfort of having to sort out a dispute / flaming / banning later on simply by asking us a question in here.

Please note - The admin and moderators ARE human beings, we do have lives, jobs, and need to sleep just like you.
So if you don't get an answer within 5 minutes - please don't bump it, make a new thread, or go against your better judgement and do what you were questioning yourself about in the first place.
Please be patient, there is always at least one moderator online 1 once every 12 hours.

Thank you.

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CAR!

mugencivic4dr 09-03-2013 03:42 PM

i didnt want to start a new thread in OT for this silly question but any thoughts on a site suggestion section/thread?

deevergote 09-03-2013 10:18 PM

Actually, if you have a suggestion for the site, PM me.
I don't care for public discussions of such things, because people get it in their head that the introduction of such a discussion is an automatic call for a public vote... then I have people arguing with me about what changes I should or should not make!!

Any ideas open for public discussion will be posted by either me, or a moderator (with my permission.)

I don't mind a private discussion regarding ideas, as many members DO have good ideas that I hadn't thought of myself. But I'd rather keep it to a one-on-one discussion. That way, I can consider it, and either work with the person with the idea to see how we could implement it, or simply explain why it wouldn't work.

Joey GT-R 09-30-2013 11:01 PM

In my personal opinion, if you're going to document your car, make a thread in the Beginner Image Gallery. Once you reach 30 posts, you can have it moved over to the Member's Rides Forum.

sum123 01-28-2014 06:06 PM

My account doesn't allow me to start a "new thread." How do I remedy that? Thanks.

deevergote 01-28-2014 06:54 PM

Stop trying to start a new thread in the beginner forums. You are no longer a beginner.

TahfariCB7 03-17-2014 01:07 AM

Can new members PM regular members.

Joey GT-R 03-17-2014 03:30 AM

Yes you may.

cb7 calling 04-17-2014 07:20 AM

How do I change a thread title? I thought I did, but I didn't.

deevergote 04-17-2014 07:39 AM

You ask a moderator to do it for you. That, or you delete the thread and repost it with the correct title.

evilbender 06-05-2014 10:32 AM

Hello,

I have been a memver since 2012 and finally have 30 posts (haha)
When should i have access to the classified section?

thanks

Joey GT-R 06-05-2014 12:33 PM

The system will update after a short time.

Georgia 08-12-2014 10:44 AM

Question regarding the rules.

Hello,

I own a 1991 Honda Accord Coupe 2-Door. I am the original owner.
I LOVE my Honda even though the poor thing has been having problems for the last two years.

Everything on the car seems to be giving out!
But, fortunately, I have been able to find a shop that knows how to fix my car.

I just had over $2,800.00 worth of work done ( New muffler, tires, brakes, etc.)even though I know that it's more than the car is worth, it's worth it to me!

I see by looking most of the members are in their 20's.
I am a 58 years old female so Iím probably in the minority here.

I found your site on Facebook and come in when I have a problem.

Most of the time I find the answer to my question.

I also have posted and have been helped by members of the club.

I joined the site on 10-06-2011 .

Lately,when I think I have a question to post, I find that it has already been ask which is great but I have a question.

My question is: I would LOVE to get to 30 posts but the way things are looking it is never going to happen.

I donít want to post the same questions that others have already ask because I know by reading the rules that itís not allowed which I can understand but how is a person like myself able to reach 30 posts without violating rules.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Itís a great website and as long as I can hold on to my car, I am going to be using your site to get advise.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Georgia Higgins

deevergote 08-12-2014 09:31 PM

You're allowed to post a question that has already been asked. Especially if the answers you found while searching weren't sufficient. As long as you show that you've at least tried to search and answer your question before posting, you won't be hassled.

Georgia 08-13-2014 08:24 AM

Thank you for your response to my question. As I mentioned this site is very informative and I hope to come on more.

deevergote 08-13-2014 08:32 AM

We're hoping to increase activity on here as well. It's been slow lately, mainly because everyone is flocking to Facebook (where the information is fast, and usually completely wrong.)

lucifer1 08-22-2014 08:28 PM

Is there an option for adding a character counter to signature editing page? I get the over 1000 characters message on the signature I have been using for a while now. I had to spend a lot of time to figure how to condense things to get it below the limit before and now it is over.:shrug:

illinois_erik 08-22-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucifer1 (Post 3209120)
Is there an option for adding a character counter to signature editing page? I get the over 1000 characters message on the signature I have been using for a while now. I had to spend a lot of time to figure how to condense things to get it below the limit before and now it is over.:shrug:

just a thought you could use tinyurl to shorten the cb7t links and fit more in your sig..

The following URL:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p
hp?t=198776
has a length of 51 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/k3g5tq7

thatd almost double what you can have.. :shrug:

lucifer1 08-22-2014 10:38 PM

Thanks, that can me help shorten the one out of site link.

The rest of the cb7 links, I am using [thread=xxxxxx][/thread] so that is only 24 characters with the tags but without the description.

illinois_erik 08-22-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucifer1 (Post 3209144)
Thanks, that can me help shorten the one out of site link.

The rest of the cb7 links, I am using [thread=xxxxxx][/thread] so that is only 24 characters with the tags but without the description.

yw, wasnt sure how you were formatting the hyperlinks, thats cool though I didnt know you could do that. learn something new every day. :)