No announcement yet.

INT : DIY plastic polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey TypeG, what would I need to restore a set of fog lights. I've read through this entire thread, but honestly nothing is really sticking in my memeory. Thanks in advanced.
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Originally posted by npor View Post
      matt (right?)

which do you prefer

the powerball

or powerball mini

for polishing things of this sort.
      you're talking to me? i prefer a wool buffing wheel if i have a choice.

Originally posted by bluecb7
      Hey TypeG, what would I need to restore a set of fog lights. I've read through this entire thread, but honestly nothing is really sticking in my memeory. Thanks in advanced.
      you use this same method:

first thing i did was put mothers mag and aluminum polish on the headlight:

i buffed the headlight for a few minutes, then used the plastic polish and buffed this time by hand, as that is all that is needed after the metal polish.

done:

later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Bravo typeG.......

I own a headlight restoration business out here in orlando and this is exactly what i'm trying to promote but these douche bags that are using the "magic clearcoat" shit are killing me cuz everyones asking for it....

now back to you......
        how the hell did you come up with doing this to the plastic?? i mean did you just wake up one day and decide to experiment... dont get me wrong i'm not bashin you dude it looks effin pimp... im just wondering where the idea came from... still P-I-M-P though i love the way all of the pieces came out..... i got a makita high speed buffer that i'm gettin rid of if your interested with the pad...
        DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

where can this plastic polished be purchased++ and where in a store can i find this?

Comment

Originally posted by MclovinRR View Post
            how the hell did you come up with doing this to the plastic?? i mean did you just wake up one day and decide to experiment... dont get me wrong i'm not bashin you dude it looks effin pimp... im just wondering where the idea came from... still P-I-M-P though i love the way all of the pieces came out
            well, i taught myself how to polish things, so i guess everything just fell into place.

Originally posted by blueACCORDex
            where can this plastic polished be purchased++ and where in a store can i find this?
            it's at pretty much every parts store i've seen. you can also get it online.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06208.html
            later.

Comment

how come you only go to 1000 grit? is 2000 over kill?
              wat?

Comment

sometimes i do go to 2000g. the polish usualy removes the sanding lines that 1000g leaves faily easy.

now, that i think about it, the size of the piece plays a role sometimes. if it's something small, 1000g, but bigger, i'll go to 2000g. i guess it's because the smaller piece takes less work to finish and the loger polishing time doesn't matter. later.

Comment

well everytime i go to a parts store if that means like auto zone or kragen? they dont carry it...walmart doesnt carry it...where else can i try?? and which isle woudl it be in?

Comment

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06208.html
                    later.

Comment

thanks for the help...but wasnt the anwser i was looking for...i was asking in the store..where it would be or which local..store like auto zone or something...because i see other mothers products but not the polishing plastic one...

Comment

I couldn't find the plastic polish at any local auto parts store either, I ended up finding it at a motorcycle store. I would try there, try ones that cater more towards crotch rockets than cruisers.
                        Originally posted by 92dm
                        I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                        VOUCHES
                        Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

gonna do some of this soon...especially the climate controls.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                          Traded with: Cb7xChun
                          Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                          Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                          My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

i might do this to my bumbers

Comment

These are very cool stuff. How did you manage to do the blower unit so that the icons stayed visible? Would like to try some of these tricks.

Comment

I know what I'm doing 2day... polishing my whole car xD

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                                1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Working...
                                X