Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel mod for 9293 CB7s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
    lol, not after this diy! I'm goin vigor!
    haha DAMN! I knew I shoulda posted my CB7 wheel first! haha have fun w/ the DIY its EASY as cake. Oh but you might need to get the ONLY Torx tool for our cars...a T30 wrench to get the Airbag out.

you shoulda seen me in the JY, using my Vise grips like my life depended on it to get those two screws out lol...that was a chore! I eventually went to Sears and bought the proper tool for the job at a whopping cost of $4.29

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

lol good to know. I have a torx kit. I remember seeing some pretty nice condition vigors at the jy so this is perfect.

Comment

Hmm will this fit on a 9091? I know the airbag won't work but I think it looks way better.
        wat?

Comment

Damn thats awesome. I like the cancel button for the cruise, I hate tapping the brake or clutch pedal to cancel it. It's tough to find good condition JY parts around here, everybody beats their cars until they are used up lol.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
            lol good to know. I have a torx kit. I remember seeing some pretty nice condition vigors at the jy so this is perfect.
            yeah just remember to get ALL the trim pieces...I went back today to grab the bottom panel to access the airbag b/c the CB7 one which I thought would work was slightly diff.
            Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            Hmm will this fit on a 9091? I know the airbag won't work but I think it looks way better.
            I'm pretty sure you can make it work. I guess you can get the airbag but it'll just be a dummy airbag lol. Its better than having nothing in the center though. I mean its not like you lost anything right? since the 9091s don't have the airbag.
            Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            Damn thats awesome. I like the cancel button for the cruise, I hate tapping the brake or clutch pedal to cancel it. It's tough to find good condition JY parts around here, everybody beats their cars until they are used up lol.
            Its really nice, within finger's reach, and its pretty quick to cancel it too. it seems to respond much quicker than pressing the brake to cancel it.

But in case you find the wheel at the yard, and its in bad shape, grab the cruise controls b/c they'll work fine even w/ your CB7 wheel. the mold for the vigor is the exact same shape and size as the CB7 one so it fits exactly on both wheels.
            Last edited by Losiracer2; 01-28-2009, 11:17 PM.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
            X