• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say go ahead and make an "Official Spring meet Thread"

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

damn, I'm torn now. IFO is the same weekend that your talking about. Have been planning on going too that for a while, now this.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
        damn, I'm torn now. IFO is the same weekend that your talking about. Have been planning on going too that for a while, now this.
        Nice more interest! You know you wanna! Anyone else? Your right, we'll probably gonna have to make an official thread soon. SA or Austin?

Comment

Im down like 4 flat tires!!
          http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Sorry i havent been on in a few days for input.

I am game ANY time that we want to have a meet up or around here.

I can help plan it if yall would like since its me doing it most of the time when we come up here. I would have to say April sounds good to me. I am thinking either the weekend of the 16th or the 23rd which ever would work for everyone.

As for a place to meet, if everyone liked the where we went for the spring meet last year (Park by the lake and dam Mansfield Dam Park). When we showed up last time the guy working the gate said they can do group discounts for entrance fees, so we may be able to get a good deal on the cost to get into the park, I will have to call up and see what the rate is going to be. I loved the place because last time we went it in we had a huge parking lot to our selfs and they had covered picnic tables and BBQ pits all around. and nice open grassy fields, and your right on the lake as well...I liked using this place but i know some people like to change it up every now and then, so if yall want to do it at another spot just say the word and we will try and find some where else to host it. I will how ever say we will not be meeting up at Mt. Bonnel before hand as that was a cluster fuck to get everyone in a parking spot and then heading out from there to the lake. we can how ever stop by it after the main meet during a cruise or something if anyone wants too.

We can also make a run out to lime creek as i know thats a fan favorite of the meets up here, and maybe even a few other roads as well.

I am going to make an Official Meet Thread here in a few just to get the word out and add info as we go.

*** I would like to use this or another thread for planning the event, then Fill up the "official" thread with talk. So LMK what everyone is thinking.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I was looking around and trying to figure out a a great Cruise for us.

that being said i have come up with this cruise route, it with take us down just about every A+ driving roads we have here right around austin, and they are some good ones. They are going to run us any where from 2 hours to close to 3 hours (This is if I give us extra time for people getting stuck at lights, lost, or broken up from the group. Plus Google Maps OVER quotes time from everything I have seen.) if we want it shorter i can cut some roads out and Adjust accordingly to time we are wanting. The other option would be to run what we can if it gets to late or people want to stop we can jump off and head back to a highway/ Ending meet up spot.

**note: use this link as i had to custom make the route to take us to the roads we want, as well as taking them in order so it nice smooth cruise that wont require us to take high ways to the different roads, and make it seem like just one big non-stop cruise. I will be printing out paper directions for everyone with a map picture as well once we get a final route picked out.This will ensure no one gets lost and if they do they have a map to get back on track or find their way back.

Route V1.1

Route Breakdown:

1. we would be leaving a "possible" meet spot and heading out to Lime creek
              2. Get to lime creak run it once one way and back the other way (More runs if everyone is feeling it)
              3. leave lime creek head down 2222 to "City Park Rd."
              4. Go down "City Park Rd." turns into "Pearce Rd" follow back out to 2222
              5. 2222 to 360
              6. 360 to "Westlake Dr"
              7. "Westlake dr." to "Red Bud Trail"
              8. "Red Bud trl" to "Stratford"
              9. "Stratford" to "North Mopac"/"Loop 1"
              10. "North Mopac"/"Loop 1" to Mt. Bonnell for the finish

*** second Option***
              Ok Guys i know this was quick but i was still looking around and came across some more routes that the turners use around here, and updated the route for a second choice. This will just be adding an additional 2 roads with a different ending point, actual ends right by my house as the its a very popular road to go down...and i get to use it all the time.(Personal favorite road in my area.)

V1.3

So the directions would be the same as the top but we take a quicker way to Mt. Bonell with a different end point.

11. After looking/hanging out at Mt. Bonnell (We dont have to stop, we can keep cruising by if wanted) keep following Mt. Bonnell rd.
              12. Mt. Bonnell runs into 2222, Take left and follow till you reach 360
              13. take a right on 360 follow down till you get to "old spice wood springs rd."
              14. Take Left at "OLD spice wood springs" follow down till you run into "Spicewood springs rd."(diffrent its not "old" lol)
              15. follow until you reach "Four Iron" take a Left
              16. Follow "four iron" till you run into "balcones club dr." Take a right
              17. take 1st right at "Ocean air" and 1st right at "Fathom Cir."

***Shortend run still hits all the good points.

V1.4
              Last edited by baracuda; 02-14-2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Baracuda for dropping in and to help shed light on this.To my knowledge you always helped plan the Austin meets. I really enjoyed our last meet.Im game for anything.The last meet was pretty much perfect in my opinion.Everything from meet up point,to eating plans and the Lime Creek run.I personaly would prefer a shorter cruise time myself but,like I said,Im game for whatever.I dont know much about austin except 6th street! I really look forward to this meet.Youve got my support on it!

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
                  Awesome! Thanks Baracuda for dropping in and to help shed light on this.To my knowledge you always helped plan the Austin meets. I really enjoyed our last meet.Im game for anything.The last meet was pretty much perfect in my opinion.Everything from meet up point,to eating plans and the Lime Creek run.I personaly would prefer a shorter cruise time myself but,like I said,Im game for whatever.I dont know much about austin except 6th street! I really look forward to this meet.Youve got my support on it!
                  Here is V1.4
                  this one is an hour less and still hits the main spots. Let me know if that sounds better.

Comment

your v1.1 idea would be pretty damn interesting to see if youre not from around here.. hah.. those roads can be pretty nuts if you dont know em..

Comment

Anything would be cool.I loved Lime Creek thats for sure.I guess we'll have to see who else reads your propositions and chimes in.I know everyone cant be pleased so Ill do whichever.I just wanna get us all together again and have a good time.Ill keep a look out for the official thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
                        your v1.1 idea would be pretty damn interesting to see if youre not from around here.. hah.. those roads can be pretty nuts if you dont know em..
                        or if you dont know your car.

/arrogantbastard
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                          or if you dont know your car.

/arrogantbastard

Comment

Either one I think would be cool. Which ever one we decide I would maybe print out the route and have some available so if there are those lagging behind know where the hell we are going. I'm sure we have some stops along the way to let those folks catch up. I definately put myself in that category.

Comment

Originally posted by EXCHEF2112 View Post
                              Either one I think would be cool. Which ever one we decide I would maybe print out the route and have some available so if there are those lagging behind know where the hell we are going. I'm sure we have some stops along the way to let those folks catch up. I definately put myself in that category.
                              Oh yes, thats the plan. I am going to print out a bunch of maps and road directions for everyone at the meet, so no one gets lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X