Headlight Beam Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Beam Pattern

Okay i really need help adjusting and stuff for my headlights because im not getting a good light span like some of you guys i see on here with USDM headlights. For some reason my light beam pattern is like cut off in ways and its not spreading equally and giving me good visability even with Sylvania Silverstars. I want a beam pattern kind of like this

aiming lights correctly

in a level parking lot with a perfectly perpendicular wall:

park your car with your bumper as close to the wall as possible (be careful)

with a tape measure, measure the distance from the ground to the center of your low beam reflectors on your headlights. subtract two inches from this measurement and mark it with a piece of tape on the wall. do this for both sides.

the pieces of tape should also be located where the headlight 'flares' start on each side when your headlights are on when parked next to the wall

now back up your car (straight!) about 25 feet. put a t-shirt over your passenger side headlight

aim the drivers side headlight so that the 'flare' is aligned at the spot that your marked off with the tape...do the horizontal and vertical adjustments.

now put a t-shirt over the drivers side headlight and repeat process for passenger side...you can also aim the passenger side headlight an inch or two higher for better illumination

My members ride thread

Comment

Good writeup! Thats exactly how I did it.....it works great!
      1991 Honda Accord Ex
      Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
      Totoro Squad #2

Comment

how do you do the horizontal adjustment? because on my headlight when i push the high beams in a white knob pops out but i cant seem to rotate it or anything cuz theres no grip whatsoever its just like plastic. Am i suppose to use a plier or something to adjust it?

Comment

I used a screwdriver, it sounds to me like your adjusters are stripped or something.....
          1991 Honda Accord Ex
          Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

oh like u stick a lil flat head in and just twist back and forth right ye mine still works

Comment

Originally posted by srsskyline
              oh like u stick a lil flat head in and just twist back and forth right ye mine still works
              Yeah, that'll work, I used a phillips......are you able to adjust it now??
              1991 Honda Accord Ex
              Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
              Totoro Squad #2

Comment

u used a phillips and stuck it in the hole? or did u adjust the 3 phillips on the outside of the clear plastic thing? and when u push in on hte highs a white knob comes out and u can adjust it easier but i did that on the passenger side easily but on the driver's side i can't because a hose is in the way, i think the easiest way to do it is take the headlight off or something then adjust it. I duno how u got urs to work...

Comment

Does anyone have any pictures to show what white knob they are talking about? i am trying the adjust mine too, but the only adjustment screw that i see is the big one that uses a phillips screwdriver to adjust. right now my lights are like this : / l and lights up the road probably 4 feet infront of the car.

Comment

well i just recieved a set of hid from my brother. fro free they came out of a bmw not sure with model. i know the bulb does not fi extactly on the hole for the stock 9006 but i got them to stay in. but when i turn on my lights i have a beam all over the place. iam blinding they shit out of people and they have asked me what kind of bulbs i have. so my question is does that methos work with the usdm head light or are the bulbs not put in correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by dynamic93
                      well i just recieved a set of hid from my brother. fro free they came out of a bmw not sure with model. i know the bulb does not fi extactly on the hole for the stock 9006 but i got them to stay in. but when i turn on my lights i have a beam all over the place. iam blinding they shit out of people and they have asked me what kind of bulbs i have. so my question is does that methos work with the usdm head light or are the bulbs not put in correctly.

Those bulbs are not ment for reflector housings, They are ment to go with projectors. Just get yourself some better bulbs and call it a day. You are only causing problems glaring the shit outta people.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                        You are only causing problems glaring the shit outta people.
                        Pwned
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Aa Well Iam Keeping The In My Car. Shit The Look Sick Anyways.

Comment

go get a set of projectors from a bimmer and fit them in, they wont look so sick after someone elses car gives you a drop kick in the face. , don't glare ppl man it just causes problems, also light doesn't do that good if its spread out like a easy... lets no go there... fix the glare to be considerate for drivers out there.
                            1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
                            Originally posted by yeamans17
                            you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

Working...
                            X