Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto to 5 speed swap wiring questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto to 5 speed swap wiring questions!

Im in the middle of swapping an h22a and swapping my car to 5speed, the machanical part is easy for me im done with that part but the wiring scares the hell out of me, i just need to to do the wiring so my car will start.Im definitely experienced as far as the mechanical aspect of this swap but the wiring from what ive read about on this site and on superhonda.com is too vague for me to understand, if anyone has pics of the wiring details or can explain this to me in noobie language would be much appreciated!
    H22-T FTW!!!

ok, i dont remember how it all goes, but ill give you an ideal, and hopefully other peeps will give you help. You have to run the reverse wire at the shifter out to your backup sensor on the tranny. You have to connect 2 wires at the shifter console together to keep the car thinking its in park so you can start. you have to wire in your clutch switch, your cruise control if you wanna keep that, and you need to disable the steering wheel key lock solenoid. Thats the eletrical side of it.

Comment

whats up man... theres three wiring issues to look out while doing the 5spd swap... if you dont have to deal with actual vehicle inspections, you could get away without hooking up the neutral safety switch, but its usually recommended that you do. but anyway heres what you need to deal with:

#1. making the car think that the shifter is in park
      when you removed the auto shifter, u disconnected a big grey plug. snip the black and green/white wires and connect them together. in the picture, i had cut the matching reverse harness off of the shifter, leaving enough wire to splice to.

#2. hooking up the reverse lights
      on top of the tranny is a reverse lights switch, it has a yellow and a green/black wire. they need to be connected directly to the wires of the same color on the shifter connector. agian, in the picture you can see two black wires coming from the right gegtting spliced in. they run through a hole in the firewall and connect to the wires on top of the transmission.

#3. neutral safety switch
      there was a brown 2-pin connector that went to the old shifter. the easy way to do it is cut the connector off and splice the two thick wires together (solder them!). or if you need to do it the "right" way to pass inspection, follow the diagram below. the "clutch interlock switch" is the switch that gets pressed when the pedal is put all the way to the floor, it has a yellow 2 pin connector. wire colors are indicated in the diagram.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-27-2014, 08:04 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

easiest way would to just put the big auto shift selector that was under the auto shifter to Park and tuck it behind the radio console area and be done with it. this bypasses the clutch switch so you can start the car w/o stepping on the clutch

For reverse lights, extend the yellow and green/black wires from auto shifter selector (i cant remember if it was I and J or G and H) to the wires on the reverse light switch on the tranny.

If you want to wire in a clutch switch run them to pins L and M.

Comment

thank you

Your guys were definitely a big help thanks a bunch, i dont have to pass any inspections so i dont think im gonna wire in the clutch switch but at least my car will start!
          H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

wow this thread has good feedback

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
            "2SIIC"
            Authentic Jerseys for sale
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

yes. or else you wont be able to get your key of out the ignition when you put a manual cluster leaving it in park wont affect anything.

Comment

Interlock control Module(i think)

in order to install the clutch pedal i had to remove a silver box that i think is the interlock control module, Im just wondering if i have to put this back in after the pedal is installed or if i dont need it anymore.
                H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

that silver box (labelled "CONT AUTO CRU") is the cruise control computer... unfortunately it wont work once u convert unless you get the 5spd unit and wire the second clutch pedal switch to it (unsure on details, as i just ditched CC)

Current cars:

Comment

so if when we convert to 5 speed we cant use the cruise control anymore??

"2SIIC"

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
                      so if when we convert to 5 speed we cant use the cruise control anymore??

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      that silver box (labelled "CONT AUTO CRU") is the cruise control computer... unfortunately it wont work once u convert unless you get the 5spd unit and wire the second clutch pedal switch to it (unsure on details, as i just ditched CC)

Current cars:

Comment

duh i must of missed that well anyways i might as well take it off take off a couple of pounds

"2SIIC"

Comment

why dosent it work? does anyone know that? I thought it just looked at speed and adjusted the throttle accordingly. Does it know the car is in park? maby it can be tricked to think everything is a ok. anyone have somehting to show what wire is what with the cc computer?
                          spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                            why dosent it work? does anyone know that? I thought it just looked at speed and adjusted the throttle accordingly. Does it know the car is in park? maby it can be tricked to think everything is a ok. anyone have somehting to show what wire is what with the cc computer?
                            if you put the 5spd cruise unit in, it looks to make sure the clutch pedal is not pressed at all before letting CC activate (the top button on the pedal is pressed in when the pedal is up) - so if you wire that button to the unit, it SHOULD work (again, ive never tried it). so when you press the clutch, the button releases and the unit knows to cancel the CC.

as far as pinouts, search the DIY section for the word ShopKey, theres a thread where (weezo?) provided a free logon password.

Current cars:

Comment

I was talking about the auto cc unit. If you look at the diagram it looks like the cc unit might work if a is connected to the proper pin. Im going to guess that it is either pin i or pin c-e that maters. Im going to try connecting a to e and see if that works. if it dosent then I might just connect a to i. but what ever I do I am going to wire the clutch switch to break the connection when the clutch is pressed in.
                              spin city

Comment

Working...
                              X