Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

paint thiner mix with gas!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint thiner mix with gas!!

man...this shit sucks...it hella pissed me off..........i accedentaly put paint thiner mixed with gas on my car.....cause i ran out of gas and my car couldn't start....actually it starts but it'll bog and die out.....well....in the first place...my brother tried to play a prank on me......he told me there's a 2 gallon worth of gas....and i poured about $.50 worth of that paint thiner with my gas...then i was like wait....let me double check if it's gas...it didn't smell like it....and it looked to clear...so i started bitching at my brother and he said it was paint thiner...well yeah...after i did that...my car started....and i was able to make it to the gas station about a 1-1.5 miles away from my house...then i put $7...and it won't even last me that long....usally if u put $5-$10 it'll last me about 3 days at the most..now i can't even do that...my car eats alot of gas...it started eating my gas after that paint thiner...can $.50 of paint thinner destroy something in my car?some one help me here plz...
    Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Perhaps your fuel filter is FUBAR. I would say try that first. Who else can help?
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

what does FUBAR mean?well yeah..thanks for that advice..i'll check on it...ohh yeah how can u tell if the fuel filter is dirty?can u just wash it and dry it?anyone else that has some ideas?
      Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

Originally posted by dsyple
        what does FUBAR mean?well yeah..thanks for that advice..i'll check on it...ohh yeah how can u tell if the fuel filter is dirty?can u just wash it and dry it?anyone else that has some ideas?
        fubar nicely means F'd up. but actually other than corosive properties of paint thinner it does have the same properties as gasoline. i.e. the flammability limits are in place and it will burn and produce power, the only problem is that it may prematurly detonate or combust to late robbing your engine of power.

for the small length of time you ran it i doubt anything bad happend, although there are somethings that need to be carefully inspected.
        it would be in your best intrest to check your sparkplugs and make sure that the detonation of paint thinner didn't foul the plugs, also inspect all lines and your gas tank for any leaks caused by the highly corrosive nature of paint thinner.

as for your fuel filter, its a simple swap to a new one (comparable to a oil filter) except under pressure. hope that helps
        -Devin
        Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness
          fubar nicely means F'd up. but actually other than corosive properties of paint thinner it does have the same properties as gasoline. i.e. the flammability limits are in place and it will burn and produce power, the only problem is that it may prematurly detonate or combust to late robbing your engine of power.

for the small length of time you ran it i doubt anything bad happend, although there are somethings that need to be carefully inspected.
          it would be in your best intrest to check your sparkplugs and make sure that the detonation of paint thinner didn't foul the plugs, also inspect all lines and your gas tank for any leaks caused by the highly corrosive nature of paint thinner.

as for your fuel filter, its a simple swap to a new one (comparable to a oil filter) except under pressure. hope that helps
          -Devin

no shyt....allright though...thanx for that....one more thing......after i used paint thinner my gas guage isn't working anymore!what can cause that!!my spark plug becam dark dirty red looking....i guess it late combustion...

Comment

there is a drain plug on the gas tank, however it seems to late for that.

you may have eaten the seals on you fuel injectors causing them to leak and use excess fuel, but who knows. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
              there is a drain plug on the gas tank, however it seems to late for that.

you may have eaten the seals on you fuel injectors causing them to leak and use excess fuel, but who knows. later.

HeHe

Comment

leaking?i know i have no leaks in my fuel system or my injectors because i don't have any sign of gas odor...or i don't see a sign of my fuel injectors leaking...even when i start the car and look if im leaking any fuel in my car none.....how do i know if it's leaking...does it leak internally?
                Last edited by dsyple; 09-02-2006, 11:06 PM. Reason: wrong topic....

Comment

A couple questions:

What is the ratio of gas to paint thinner?

And is the paint thinner Acetone?

Comment

damn thats fucked up on your brothers part...i would have knocked him out.....
                    you should fix your sig block!

Comment

Keep adding gas if it still runs, Every gas station you pass if your still driving it you should add more. This will make the ratio or gas to thinner lower and lower tell its so low it dosnt matter. Whatever damage is done was done already. If you cant empty the tank then "thin" out the thinner as best you can and THEN start replacing fuel filters and keep working your way up to more expencive parts untell the problem is fixed. Otherwise your just exposing any replacement parts to the issue that caused the original to fail.

Most fuel filters you can just remove and blow on one end... if you can get air thru you know its not cloged... I dont know the chemical makeup of the paint thinner added to your gas but it might not be as bad for the system as you might think.. the bad part would be what it has knocked loose so to speak. It might react with sealents in the gas tank or injectors and send that stuff thru the motor. -=[
                      I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

you know whats funny? fuel injector clear is pretty much paint thinner isnt it, it sure smells like it

My Members Ride Page

Comment

why was there paint thinner mix in there in the frist place?
                          I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky
                            why was there paint thinner mix in there in the frist place?
                            There was an article in SCC years ago about how to make your own race gas. However, the paint thinner they used was toluene.

Comment

Originally posted by dsyple
                              what does FUBAR mean?
                              F'd Up Beyond All Repair
                              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Working...
                              X