Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: better vision/wiper blade switcheroo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: better vision/wiper blade switcheroo!

Tools:
    Wiper blades, we all have some on our car
    12mm socket

Story:
    On day I was trying to figure out what was the most functional setup for my wipers since I was driving alot in the rain. I found that the passenger side on the drivers and driver on passenger worked good but it went off the windshield on the passenger side.

Procedure:
    Start by removing both wiperblades and pass. side wiper arm only with 12mm socket. Reinstall arm with drivers side blade on so that it is on windshield as low to the hood as possible, but still on the glass. Install passenger on drivers side arm. Test wipers to ensure they don't go off glass.

What it should look like:

Results:
    With this setup, I have noticed about a 20 percent total gain of visibility during rainy conditions. Before I got only about 70-75% of the windshield. Now around 80-85% with new setup. I will send pics as soon as I figure out my camera phone and why I can't email pics. Or if anybody has a similar wiper setup, send in your pics please. The only thing is you don't get that clean tucked look that the factory setup has.

Note: RainX your window for even more visibility. I even go as far as doing every window and my exterior mirrors, as well as my lights after I wax them all. You would believe the amount of water that runs off my car at freeway speed. It beads all the way from front to back!
    Last edited by JDM4DOORLX; 03-09-2005, 12:00 AM.
    My Ride!
    Anti-Idiot Crew #1

nice one dude

Comment

i dont have any wipers

rainX does the trick for me

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
        i dont have any wipers

rainX does the trick for me
        you don't have any wipers?

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
          you don't have any wipers?
          no sir, rainX really does it for me. and im not stupid about it ya know. if the rain is pouring down so hard that i dont feel comfortable driving, then i dont put lives in danger
          Last edited by k-mart; 02-22-2005, 11:02 PM.

Comment

this is peaking my curiousity...can you expain why? PLLLEEEAASSSEEE

Comment

this is peaking my curiousity...can you expain why? PLLLEEEAASSSEEE
              well, about a year ago it came down to having to buy new blades. i know they are fairly cheap, i just never got around to it and i have just gotten accustomed to not having them

Comment

so the rain x really works that good? Sorry just nosey tonight..lol

Comment

so the rain x really works that good? Sorry just nosey tonight..lol
                  yea, like the thread-starter (JDM4DOORLX) said, he also used rainX. the rain will bead up and the glare will be reduced. great product

Comment

nice....i'll have to get me some..I never thought it worked so good...

Comment

hell yeah water just rolls off your window. my all show cd5 dosent have wipers. i just rain-x'ed the hell out of the window.
                      Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Yeah, rain-x is awesome.. never beleived it until i used it. When I do.. I dont have to use the wipers.

Comment

RAIN-X is amazing

i cant beleive people have never used it before

your cb7 will look SOOOOO much better w/ no wipers on it

w/ rain-x though you have to be going at least 30 for it to work and in the morning when you have dew on your windows you are screwed unless of course you have one of those blade things in your car to clear off windows

everyone should get rain-x, it really works
                          Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

where can i get this super duper "rain-x" lol
                            1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
                            2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
                            3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

Comment

*cough* *cough* so you figure out how to post them pics yet, ill adjust mine and see what happends...

^sold

Comment

Working...
                              X