Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pap finds and projects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I'm going for next. Some nice CL floor mats. If the CD accord floor mat fits fine. The CL ones should also. What I think I'm going to do also is change my top plastics and headliner to the lightest CB top interior color which is in white cars. White coupe CB's are more common in the pap. It's allot harder to find EX gray interior coupes also. The headliner for the gray EX coupes is the hardest part. One in good shape, next to impossible. Since the bottom half of my interior is pretty dark now. A lighter top from a white car will be nice and quite possibly easier to find. Here's another thing. The 99 CL I pulled my seats and carpet from had the same light color front seat belt upper hanger plastic thing as the white CB light color upper plastics. I do have a modified CL front seat belt on my driver side so yes, All of these pieces will work together lol.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

The gray CL mats are nice, I like them better than the Accord gray. I got mine by trading a guy for some clean tan ones I had, since he had tan interior in his car.

Comment

hmmm... the light colored upper half is a good idea too.
        COUPE K24

Comment

I've been looking for a '92-'93 EX coupe with a grey interior for a long time now. I still haven't found one yet. I want the top half of the interior. I'm trying to convert out the tan. I really just don't like it, and would prefer a light grey on the upper half.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Got some recent updates from pick a part scores. I did find the (white EX) light gray coupe headliner & top plastics. Very nice shape also. Here it is installed:

I also removed my sunroof assembly and cleaned it. Put in the light gray slider and the flawless glass piece from the white EX. Mine was cracked and getting worse. Everything came out nice and works very well with the dark leather everywhere else. But alas I’m going to pull it back out soon. I’m going to install the 99 CL homelink/maplight combo plus I’m building a lighted vanity mirror for the drivers side sun visor just like the passenger side. I’m also adding this to the drivers side for shits & gigs.

It’s the grab handle mount from the passenger front of another EX I got a few days ago. It’s what is under the headliner that the grab handle mounts to. The drivers side has threaded holes for it already to. An extra handle just for me is a doable plus. Why not lol.

~Mark~

Comment

This last weekend while I was leaving hesperia pap they put out an 05 Acura RL at Ontario pap. I got there too late on Monday as those sick ass 4 piston calipers were already gone. I want a set of those badly. Still pricey on eBay to. But I did finally find my dark gray floor mats in a red CL put out the same weekend. All 4 in good shape too. I just got em shampooed up tonight.

A little hard to see in the dark. I’ll get a pic of them in the car tomorrow. The pattern on them is nice. They will also match perfect with my CL carpet of course.
              Another good pick up is these gray coupe door sill plastics. These sill pieces can be hard to find with flawless center lines (not bent over or smashed) and not stained or scraped up. This is a really good set.

Got this off of an h23. This DC header is near new. At $25 I couldn’t pass it up and will bolt right on to my f22a6. Give it a lil pep until my h22 is ready.

~Mark~

Comment

And more goodies: a couple A11 computers. I grab em from the 95 v6 Accords when I find em. I think I’ll put together a couple kits with the correct pins/wiring for the variable speed wiper upgrades. Btw an excellent upgrade to these CB’s. I love mine.

This is my biggest project coming up. I neede a new dash so the bb6 cluster install will be in the mix along with wiring in my heated mirrors Oem fog light harness, better door speaker wires run through the right way and new double din stereo. All this is easier with the dash out of course lol. Shits gonna look nice.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                  And more goodies: a couple A11 computers. I grab em from the 95 v6 Accords when I find em. I think I’ll put together a couple kits with the correct pins/wiring for the variable speed wiper upgrades. Btw an excellent upgrade to these CBs.jpg[/img]
                  Link for more information about this? Im intrigued.
                  Last edited by CB7_Saloon; 11-16-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Link for more information about this? Im intrigued.
                    It’s actually an interior diy on this site. It’s a conversion from the standard 3 speed wiper stalk to the newer nicer variable speed wiper stalk from say a cd Accord EX or v6 model. Or a first gen. Acura CL.
                    You can see the variable speed stalk in this pic of my interior.

~Mark~

Comment

Ya know what. Let me make one correction: the term or the mod is “intermittent” wipers. Not variable speed.

~Mark~

Comment

to clarify, all 96+ Accords came with intermittent wipers.

Comment

Ok this weekends pap hunting was good. All except the 2006 Acura RL put out on Saturday and once again I couldn’t get there in time to get those 4 piston calipers. Those suckers go fast and the car was stripped in one day lol.
                          So anyways I finally got the right color optional console. Not at pap but from some guy with a very nice DA integra on offer up. Here it is with the almost completely modified Acura CL console leather fitted on top. New foam under also. I just gotta trim and fit the back.

Next up is an interesting find. I wanted to make my drivers side sun visor mirror a lighted one like the passenger side. While I was looking in a 92-93 white DX cb I noticed the passenger side was a plastic hinge no mirror type and the the drivers side is the lighted mirror equipped type. I don’t really understand the logic behind why they are set up this way but f-it I grabbed it and put in a passenger side mirror witch has no air bag info writing on the cover like drivers side ones do. Here it is. It needs to be cleaned more also.

Only thing that kinda sucks is the sign on the vinyl side for the airbag.
                          I’m thinking if I find a 90-91 White DX it’ll have the right sun visor without the airbag sign.

~Mark~

Comment

Next up I got the EX handle to complete the driver grab handle addition.

This is the type of Homelink/maplight I plan to use. From a 99 CL. The lens is off and it is the wrong color but I got this one and saved the front chunk of my old headliner for experimental fitment purposes. As you can see it fits the space very nicely. I saved the old dome light wiring from the old headliner so I can extend the wiring to make the map lights come on when the door is open also.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                            X