Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
    So we can use BB4 knuckles and have the ability to change out lower balljoints when needed then. Hmmm...
    Cha-ching, as DocCiph would say; however I don't see why if you can change BB4 LBJs you can't change BB6 LBJs... look @ the diagram, the LBJ arrangement is the same.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      Easiest easiest easiest easiest cheapest way though would just be to find some Odyssey hubs and bolt them up to the CB knuckle; for all the trouble I wish I had gone that route.
      I could of told you that from the get go! When ever some one asks about the 5 lug if you have the choice from APW and Odyssey I would prefer Odyssey since its much easier!

Dont get me wrong the all prelude way is fine but just takes more work.

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
      Also, during my research, I ran across the part number for the bb6 lower ball joint : 51220-SL5-013. It's the same one they use on the later model Legends.

thats good news right there. Next year I will def replace them just for safe measures!

Comment

If there were a way to get cheap Odyssey hubs... i.e., if there were an aftermarket seller of them that made them for ~150 a pair, *busts nut*... Honda wants too much for them, u can get a lot for ~250.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Cha-ching, as DocCiph would say; however I don't see why if you can change BB4 LBJs you can't change BB6 LBJs... look @ the diagram, the LBJ arrangement is the same.
          Right on that; good luck finding the lower balljoint for the BB6 though.

A couple posts up mentions a part number for a balljoint. Will have to investigate.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Okay I checked that part number and came up with this:

97 and 98 BB6 front knuckles share lower ball joints with the BB4 and 91-95 Legends.

Interesting stuff. They must have changed something in 99? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
              Right on that; good luck finding the lower balljoint for the BB6 though.

A couple posts up mentions a part number for a balljoint. Will have to investigate.
              There is a part number for them; they are weird though, they only sell it in pieces it looks like.

Comment

ive heard mention that the lude balljoints are not removable, but you can replace the boots. this doenst make logical sense, but that really may be the case...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

They look like they are just pressed in to me.

I will have to investigate more on this.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                    ive heard mention that the lude balljoints are not removable, but you can replace the boots. this doenst make logical sense, but that really may be the case...
                    I replaced the LBJ on my lude knuckle.

Comment

Easiest easiest easiest easiest cheapest way though would just be to find some Odyssey hubs and bolt them up to the CB knuckle; for all the trouble I wish I had gone that route.
                      I am pretty sure you can't do this because the wheel bearing is different.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

so you guys are saying that you can just swap over odyssey hubs and bearings and you wont have to switch the knuckle?

if so what year odyssey?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...gry5=BRAKE+(FR.)
                        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

5 lugs conversion

Please look and read thru posts, Please also read directions and any specs... I have ABS and it does make a difference.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=25357&page=2

and

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=16241&page=2

I have completed mine with the sickness... I have DC5 rims on my CB7Accord and it looks lovely.

Front Suspension:

parts list for the front:
                          95 odyssey knuckles
                          95 odyssey NEW bearings
                          95 odyssey hubs
                          95 odyssey Aftermarket cross drilled and slotted rotors
                          95 odyssey calipers or similar aka 97 prelude calipers with 25T brackets from Odessey.

At this time, I also upgraded to Steel Braided brake lines.

In caveat to doing the calipers, In one of the forums i read you can also do
                          S2K calipers...

Rear Suspension:

97-01 Honda Prelude NEW hubs and bearings
                          98 Integra Type R rotors cross drilled and slotted.

Comment

Also a must for saving costs.

I would honestly say find a great discount price on new parts like bearings, wheel studs, ball joints, brake pads, and rotors.. I had to replace two bearing in less than 3k miles due to the fact I was being way to cheap. Moral of the story haste makes waste.

IMHO, I would save the few extra dollars and get new parts if necessary..
                            Brakes are a definite... but please follow the post.. Some of the senior members have been nice enough to put up this great info.

Please also check out http://firsthondaparts.com for great prices.

Comment

so is that website where you sourced all your parts? and what was the total cost without wheels
                              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                                I replaced the LBJ on my lude knuckle.
                                Do you still have the part number?

Comment

Working...
                                X