Brake line pressure weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake line pressure weak

I'm having this weird issue with my brakes on my RA odyssey. It's setup like a CB/CD Honda Accord. I removed ABS and replaced it with non-ABS lines and 40/40 prop valve.

Here's the issue, when I brake the driver side caliper will receive more pressure than the passenger front side.

I've tried:

Different Caliper (Both Front Sides)
    Rubber line to Caliper (Passenger only)
    Blowing out line/Vacuum line (Passenger only)
    Bleeding surrounding lines

When I was having my cousin bleed the brakes he said when I would bleed the surrounding lines the pedal would go to the floor when releasing the fluid. With the Front Passenger side it would just go down a little but not to the floor, basically he said it was stiff. When I watched the bleeder it didn't spit as hard as the other calipers did.

My question is do you think this is the hard line back to the prop valve or the prop valve itself? I looked but didn't see any kinks in the line. Air blew through no problem, and vacuum sucked fluid through.

I don't think it could be the Master since the rear and driver side receive the same pressure, the booster just supplies pressure to the master so it can't be that. Has anyone else had similar problems on there non-ABS hondas?
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Not sure if this is causing the problem. I have the lines mixed up on the prop valve. Front left (FL) with Rear Right (RR), and Front Right (FR) with Rear Left (RL).

Edit: I found this, it's mixed up too.. Not sure what's right now... https://www.team-integra.net/forum/1...ing-valve.html

Last edited by BreckAConner; 10-20-2018, 02:34 AM.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

That really might cause an issue, when I did my ABS delete & 40/40 valve
      I made sure to have all the lines in the correct place. Because the way that
      the prop valve bolts on to the Integras it is sort of flipped when we move
      it to the driver's side. So, where the lines go will be in a different spot.

I can look through my documents at home after work to confirm the locations
      of each line if you would like?
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

For the hard lines that go to your MC how are they ran?
        I know that it matters which port on the MC is ran to the 40/40.

I am looking at a diagram on google & it looks like the lines for
        the calipers are good, just gotta show where they are going to
        & from the MC to the 40/40.
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
          For the hard lines that go to your MC how are they ran?
          I know that it matters which port on the MC is ran to the 40/40.

I am looking at a diagram on google & it looks like the lines for
          the calipers are good, just gotta show where they are going to
          & from the MC to the 40/40.
          I believe I may have figured it out. I took my phone and got a close picture. I must have grabbed the wrong prop valve back when I put it in 2 years ago. It's a 20/25 valve, so now I have to figure out how to get it out of the bay with the motor in, I feel like an idiot...

Once I find my 40/40 valve I'll post back and let you know if it fixes my issue with the brakes.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

40/40 valve did not fix the problem.

I also made the mistake above Front Right, Rear Left have this issue with the brakes not getting enough pressure. I noticed when cleaning the master cylinder out that one side of the master cylinder had a smaller hole than the other side. I drew this picture below to show an example. I'm not sure if that's restricting the flow of the fluid.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Try upgrading to a Prelude VTEC 1" MC. I have that on mine after I deleted AbS and added a 4040 prop valve on my CB.

I went with an Autozone Nissin reman and its been good since 2011. Cost about $40. You might have to reflare to a larger fitting for one of the lines, I can't remember off the top of my head

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                Try upgrading to a Prelude VTEC 1" MC. I have that on mine after I deleted AbS and added a 4040 prop valve on my CB.

I went with an Autozone Nissin reman and its been good since 2011. Cost about $40. You might have to reflare to a larger fitting for one of the lines, I can't remember off the top of my head
                I have one from my spare Ody I was going to use, but the thread hole on the back side of the MC was bigger than the nut on the flare. I order some lines last week just in-case. They come in today supposedly, but I'll try making a line and put the Ody MC on and see if that fixes the problem. It has to be the MC at this point.

I'm thinking the MC I have supports a different line out. I think it's from a CB, or a CD, not too sure. When I looked at the diagram for the CB non-abs line out it had left side and right side for 20/25 prop valve. It didn't go in the X patter like above.

Well this is defiantly a learning process and I hope it helps someone in the future.
                Last edited by BreckAConner; 10-22-2018, 11:34 AM.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Master Cylinder was the cause, I flared a new line and used the Odyssey ABS brake booster and it works great! Brakes are all evened out and the Van stops great. I wish I could let you guys drive the Ody, it feels like a big CB, or well it technically is a big CD.

Something with that CB/CD master cylinder is weird. It's like the front half of it was causing restriction with the 2 small holes, must have something to do with the 20/25 prop valve setup when I was looking at the CB diagram.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Glad you figured it out!

Haha I was scratching my head looking at that one picture your made.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                    X