AccordWarrior : 2006 Subaru WRX STi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AccordWarrior : 2006 Subaru WRX STi

Why not post a MR about my Subaru, since I seem to rarely drive it these days.

Engine / Drivetrain

- Cobb AccessPort
    - Cobb Street Downpipe
    - SPT Catback Exhaust
    - HOA 3-port EBCS
    - SPT Intake
    - SPT Turbo Heat Shield
    - KillerB Radiator Cooling Plate
    - KillerB Ruggedized Oil Pickup
    - Kartboy Shifter Bushings
    - Kartboy Rear Shifter Stay
    - Trust/GReddy Oil Filter Sandwich Plate

- Protuned by Matt K @ Dent Sport Garage - 279.7 WHP / ~ 295 ft-lbs WTQ (Stock STis put down approximately 200-215 WHP on their dyno)

Suspension

- Stock BBS Alloys, 17 x 8, +53 Offset
    - 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
    - Tanabe Sustec Rear Under Brace
    - JDM / FHI Titanium Strut Brace
    - JDM STi Group-N Rear Top Hats

Exterior

- JNA Replica STI Limited Front Lip

Interior / Electronics

- Defi Amber BF 60mm Boost Gauge, Imperial
    - Defi Amber BF 60mm Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge, Imperial
    - Defi Amber BF 60mm Oil Pressure Gauge, Imperial
    - Defi D-Link II Controller
    - Defi Triple Gauge Pod
    - Defi Red Racer 52mm Oil Temperature Gauge, Imperial
    - AEM UEGO with 52mm Gauge
    - AutoMeter Gauge Pod
    - JDM / STi Limited Red Hazard Switch
    - OEM STi Black Floor Mats
    - OEM Cargo Net
    - Pioneer Avic D3 DVD/Nav Head Unit
    - Polk dB6501 6.5" Component Speakers
    - Polk dB401 4" Coaxial Speakers
    - Polk GNX104 10" Subwoofer
    - Audio Integrations Perfect Fit Amplifier Rack
    - Rockford Fosgate 150s Amplifier
    - Rockford Fosgate 500s Amplifier
    - Valentine One Radar Detector
    - Valentine One Radar Remote Relocate

The office

Back when I still was running 2011+ STi BBS Wheels. I ended up removing them as the tires were quite loud. They are for sale though, so if anyone is interested in picking them up, let me know. I won't ship though.

My future plans include getting the headlights back in shape and giving it a full detail. It's got more than enough power and I have zero interest in doing anything cosmetic to it at this point. I'm more or less over modifying it and looking like a total fanboy. I'm due for brake pads/rotors in the not too distant future, but with only 62K on the vehicle and a year mileage average of under 1,000 miles, I've got some time.

Thanks for looking!

I really hate this new Lexan non-sense. They have obviously cheaped on it somewhere, because even the first gen Lexan headlamps on the good car brands (like Honda) don't fade like all of these new headlights do. Keeping the headlights on the Civic looking good is literally a constant battle.

Just make sure you reseal them because I am about 100% that polishing them removes whatever little bit of UV protection they have on them.

Auto geek has some nice detailing products available as well as some sealant. I am probably going to try it because it is either that or replace the headlights with new ones.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Ya I hate how headlights seem to fade so bad nowadays.

Gone are the days of glass lamps.

Clean Mike!

Out of curiosity, the valentine remote locate....is that to basically hide the unit?

If so, where did you relocate it, if you don't mind me asking?

And if you don't want it out there, I won't be offended!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Clean Mike!

Out of curiosity, the valentine remote locate....is that to basically hide the unit?

Do yourself a favor and pick up the Laminx headlight/foglight kit while they still look good and put that on there. They are custom fit for your headlights and they will become a UV/pit layer to protect the stock ones. When they start to look shitty, you just peel them off and put new ones. Better than the $200+ per new light assembly.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Oh ok cool. Ill have to look into that as I HATE when headlights look shitty, as they are such an important aesthetic of any vehicle.

Esp the 9th gen headlamps, look so damn nice.

Thanks Scott!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
            I really hate this new Lexan non-sense. They have obviously cheaped on it somewhere, because even the first gen Lexan headlamps on the good car brands (like Honda) don't fade like all of these new headlights do. Keeping the headlights on the Civic looking good is literally a constant battle.

Just make sure you reseal them because I am about 100% that polishing them removes whatever little bit of UV protection they have on them.

Auto geek has some nice detailing products available as well as some sealant. I am probably going to try it because it is either that or replace the headlights with new ones.
            I've got the Megs OTS kit that I need to play with some more. I had used their UV sealant before when I was playing around, although I had yet to get too aggressive with them. I may try something like M205 and see what I can do, I am actually surprised how bad they've gotten, which is wild seeing as they car hasn't seen too many days outside in the past 2 years.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Clean Mike!

I have the V1 mounted above the mirror. The relocate just gives me the warnings lower. My feeling at the time was more thinking about having the detector visible from behind if I had a cruiser behind me. I wouldn't be dumb enough to not go the speed limit, but I don't need the detector lighting up like a Christmas tree either and giving them a reason to pull me over. This way I can more easily mute it.

Comment

looks good.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Finally. Looking good, rarely see these looking stock.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by PUMASTi View Post
                  Finally. Looking good, rarely see these looking stock.
                  Thanks!

Honestly, 95% of the trends in the Subaru world don't interest me, so there's something to be said about having a basically stock car. The difference from the 18's to the 17's alone was surprising. The Michelins actually balanced with almost no weight compared to the Dunlops I had which had me convinced I had 4 bad wheel bearings.

I'm actually starting to look for a replacement. It's not anything that is set in stone, but I'm entertaining something different. I do need to give this car a bit of TLC this year. It keeps getting pushed aside. The maintenance is still current (did the timing belt early and the 60K has been done even prior to 60K), but I need to fix some small issues that are creeping up.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                    Thanks!

Honestly, 95% of the trends in the Subaru world don't interest me, so there's something to be said about having a basically stock car. The difference from the 18's to the 17's alone was surprising. The Michelins actually balanced with almost no weight compared to the Dunlops I had which had me convinced I had 4 bad wheel bearings.

I'm actually starting to look for a replacement. It's not anything that is set in stone, but I'm entertaining something different. I do need to give this car a bit of TLC this year. It keeps getting pushed aside. The maintenance is still current (did the timing belt early and the 60K has been done even prior to 60K), but I need to fix some small issues that are creeping up.
                    Get a new WRX, lol. I saw the 2017 concept at the Philly auto show and it looks swwweeeeeet.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Those wheels look sweet

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                        Get a new WRX, lol. I saw the 2017 concept at the Philly auto show and it looks swwweeeeeet.
                        Me too, I went on the last day. Sunday

This is probably the first one I have seen that isn't completely modded. Nowadays the few that I have seen on the road actually have rear qurter panel rust. Not sure if it is a defect or just the northern salt getting to them.

The black color really sets this Subi off. Keep up the great work. Really liking what you have done so far.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                          Nah, any replacement would be a dedicated sports car, with a removable roof. I wish the BRZ / FR-S was targa. Lately it's been a Z32 era 300ZX TT. I'd need to find an investment grade car to do it though.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Those wheels look sweet
                          The ones in the second picture? I liked those a lot, but the tires on them were painfully loud at highway speeds. I honestly believed I was either rubbing or had 4 bad wheel bearings, even though neither was the case. I ended up selling them for not too much less than I paid after putting a solid 3,000 miles on them and getting a set of 235/45 Pilot Super Sports for the stock wheels instead. I don't regret that at all.

Comment

I've always liked how you kept your rides clean. Looks good friend 👍hope all is well with you
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

And this one goes to the sold pile.

It's the right thing to do, but I will definitely miss it.

Comment

Working...
                              X