Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSharp's Turbo Fabrication thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey where u get that filter on the turbo? is it K&N?

Comment

yea, it a k&n. Theres not much room for a filter down there, had to get a skinny one.
      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
        yea, it a k&n. Theres not much room for a filter down there, had to get a skinny one.
        part number please? and where did u get it?

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
          Fuck!

The block and the main caps do not match. The mains have to be from a different motor! I was measuring the mains so I could order my bearings and check for roundness. The centerline location is different for the block and the mains and it is way out of round!

I'm going to half to align hone the mains to fix this.

There goes more money and time into this dam motor!
          Damn dude....just think tho...its gonna be one helluva engine when you are done

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
          ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
            Damn dude....just think tho...its gonna be one helluva engine when you are done
            Thanks Tony. All this work, time, and money and its still just going to be an open deck motor. Whatever, It should be making at least 350whp by the summers end. I really don't know how much power this motor can make without having an issue with cylinder walk. I might use some devcon liquid aluminum and fill the top of the cylinders like ashbe did. According to him it works good for the d series guys.
            spin city

Comment

damn danny.

I feel your pain. same struggles on this side.
              I just decided to pull the h23 and build it.
              Rockin my h22 in the Black car now.

Going to build H23! Well enough for the DSM.
              So that is my next step.
              Hoping to have it ready for Summer 2011.

Hopefully you will be ready to go as well.
              I will be your wingman anytime.
              I am hoping for 400 hp out of the h23.
              Should be likely with a built engine.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

I have a feeling your setup is going to be bad ass once you get it right. best of luck!
                spin city

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
                  part number please? and where did u get it?
                  ?

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
                    ?
                    my bad man. I got it on ebay. you can get any k&n off there. part number rx 4140. 4" diameter, 3.5" inlet, 5.75" long.
                    spin city

Comment

so i think the devcon filling is an awsome idea and everything but wont that cause heating issues due 2 the block being soild vs. open?

Comment

well generally people only fill above the water pump hole and drill holes in it so coolant can flow through it. I don't think Ill be doing that to my block after some thought.

The modulus of elasticity of devcon liquid aluminum is a mere 750,000 psi. While aluminum is around 10,200,000 psi. Aluminum alloy takes about 13.6 as much stress to have the same strain. And thats for <250 deg f. I'm sure part of the devcon in a filled block gets above that temp.

Basically this means that the devcon aluminum wont do shit to support the cylinder walls and only impedes cylinder cooling.

Not worth the trouble or money.
                        spin city

Comment

nice build, needs moar pics!

Comment

dude i scored the same k&n filter for 18bucks on ebay but shiet its 3.5inlet so i have to figure out on mounting it

Comment

thats a good price, I paid more for mine on ebay. My turbo inlet is 4". so how did I use this filter? simple... 3.5" pcv tube to support it on the inside and a 4" silicone coupler that clamps onto the filter and the turbo. It works well and the pcv pipe fits perfect into the turbo.
                              spin city

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                                nice build, needs moar pics!
                                no problem!

spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X