Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
    thats really wired are there companies out there that modifiy camshafts, because the 2 camshafts look similar but are diffferent in lobe dimentions.
    well yes but as everyone was saying a1/a4 cam are the same but the a6 cam is different from those 2.

here are some companies that will regrind camshafts for our CBs:
    Gude
    Delta
    Bisimoto

Comment

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
      there is a stamped code on the face of the end ill post up the code tonight
      GUDE WEB or DELTA.
      750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
      realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

alright that makes sence because the camshafts both have the stamping 3A on them and the same lobe lift, but the one i bought off of the guy with the gear, has a smaller base circle or lobe width.
        Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
        Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          2.5" catback is actually pretty wide for a nearly stock F22A1. You'll have a weak low end, though it'll breathe nicely up high. Don't delete your cat. People that do that are the reason emissions laws are getting more and more strict for the rest of us. the stock cat flows reasonably well.
          Hey Deev, i was at work and it was slow, i got out the oxy torch and i freed my cat from my downpipe. (previously seized together) so now this friday when I do the head swap, I can also put the cat back in, I don't want to be disrespected because of a cat delete, plus i have to get emmissions done in a month so i just saved myself $200

Comment

i am looking to replace the head on my f22a block and was wondering what different head options do i have. if anyone has any asdvise that would appreciated

Comment

are you trying to keep it stock, if so go with an f22a1,a4, or a6, if you want to mod it you can use an h22 head

Comment

Putting any head other than the F22A head on the F22A block is a waste of money and effort, and will result in an unreliable engine.

If you want an H22, buy an H22.

Comment

so I replaced my head last weekend and my car isnt running im pretty sure i messed up my timing. But anyways, i wanted to bring this up to everyone's attention. My cylinder was smooth, no gashes, and has the factory hashmarks. The engine also has 260k that is some amazing engineering and tight tolerances

Comment

so the cam i purchased was too loapy and my car would die after it warmed up, so i installed my old cam and she runs great

Comment

Working...
                    X