No announcement yet.

hehehe finally at long last....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love 531s. Cobra wheels look good too. I'm not a big fan of 5 spokes though. How low do you plan on going?
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
      I love 531s. Cobra wheels look good too. I'm not a big fan of 5 spokes though. How low do you plan on going?
      Idk. Im torn on the suspnsion set up. Got one i wanna do. I should be able to pull it off. And if i can get the tore flush with the fender ill be good. I think i might go with the 531s tho...

Comment

Sounds good. Mine is 1.5 all around. Rocking stock rims for now but looking for 16s. I have a small car so I think 16s are good. Leaning toward 530s but not doing that negative camber.
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Sounds good. Mine is 1.5 all around. Rocking stock rims for now but looking for 16s. I have a small car so I think 16s are good. Leaning toward 530s but not doing that negative camber.
          You should be able to run 16s.

I'm not much on a lot of negative camber. I like to have more than 20% of my tire on the ground. Lol. Functional fitment is what I'm going for. Like the TSX I posted above. Not a massive amount of can,Ber. But enough to fit the 18x10s properly.

Comment

Sounds good, when do you plan on getting them?
            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Nice seeing you around still. My bro got a 05 TSX 6MT not long ago with black leather interior...charcoal gray exterior. It is nice. I found it to handle well in stock form, very nimble compared to the CB7, more peppy engine. Not as much room in rear seat as TL, still enjoy a 6MT TL overall. However, the 04-08 TSX have better quality leather seats than TL...which I found strange.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Sounds good, when do you plan on getting them?
                i honestly dont know. lol. right now, lowering springs, 6000k bulbs, intake, front strut bar. those are my main plans right now. going to replace ball joints, tie rod and sway bar end links. all when i get my springs in. trying to decide to go with H&R or Megan Racing lowering springs. both i have found for less than $250.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  Nice seeing you around still. My bro got a 05 TSX 6MT not long ago with black leather interior...charcoal gray exterior. It is nice. I found it to handle well in stock form, very nimble compared to the CB7, more peppy engine. Not as much room in rear seat as TL, still enjoy a 6MT TL overall. However, the 04-08 TSX have better quality leather seats than TL...which I found strange.
                  yeah. im still lingering. lol. yeah. there isnt much room in the back for passengers. i've always viewed the TSX to be the sporty car for the young to mid range generation. the TL seemed more geared towards the 30-45yr olds. mainly the ones with 2.5 kids. lol. and the quality of the rear seats, might be to have it cost less because a kid might mess it up. haha.

i've been looking into short shifters. normally i just cut down the shifter stock and im fine. but this one seems like the shift bushings need to be replaced and the shift throws needs to be shortened. lol.

Comment

Not getting TEIN springs?
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Not getting TEIN springs?
                      Naw. I would but i remember when i had Tein full coilovers on my CB. Rode too soft and wouldnt drop enough for me. Same for the springs. Not enough drop and they're too soft for my liking. I think ill probably end up going H&R or Megan Racing. H&R Race are rated at 1.9f/1.5r and the MRs are 2in all around. The H&Rs tho....ive seen those perform. How they ride. It seems like the ride im looking for. Low drop. Stiff....but not TOO stiff of a ride.

Comment

you should get some tl type s webs on this

sooo nice and they are Acura rims

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                          you should get some tl type s webs.

i would but i like the regular TL wheels better. the 5 star one.

this is actually the same color as my car. lol. the TL wheels are 17x8. get some 215/45s or 215/40s and then add some 15mm spacers all around. sit the wheel flush with the fender and boom. my wheel set up will be done....for now. lol.

Comment

I like the TL 5-spokes too, I don't know though, there's something I love about the 1st gen. TSX wheels.

Is this a factory lip kit?
                            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Well, well. Welcome to the TSX 6MT club! Car looks almost identical to mine.

I noticed you're planning on replacing the ball joints, etc. While you're down there, I recommend you take a look at the compliance bushings for the front lower control arms. Every TSX has premature wear on these bushings; I finally replaced these at 130K, but my mechanic noted extreme wear on the bushings as early as the 115K service.

Also, beware of the A/C compressor killing itself. My roommate and I both own CL9 manual-transmission TSXs. Both cars's A/C compressors died on the same hot weekend, my roommate's (2006 model, 77K miles) and mine (2005, 135K). I spent $800 in parts.
                              Last edited by Nurega; 08-21-2013, 04:09 AM.
                              Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                              2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                              2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I like the TL 5-spokes too, I don't know though, there's something I love about the 5 spokes.

Is this a factory lip kit?
                                Its actually a factory option i think. Its on the Apsec model. Its what i plan to get soon.

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                                Well, well. Welcome to the TSX 6MT club! Car looks almost identical to mine.

I noticed you're planning on replacing the ball joints, etc. While you're down there, I recommend you take a look at the compliance bushings for the front lower control arms. Every TSX has premature wear on these bushings; I finally replaced these at 130K, but my mechanic noted extreme wear on the bushings as early as the 115K service.

Also, beware of the A/C compressor killing itself. My roommate and I both own CL9 manual-transmission TSXs. Both cars's A/C compressors died on the same hot weekend, my roommate's (2006 model, 77K miles) and mine (2005, 135K). I spent $800 in parts.
                                Dag. Ill be sure to keep an eye out for the compressor. Gonna do some pricing when i get to work tomorrow. I work at Auto Zone so i get a 10 or 20% discount. Cant remember. Lol. I actually dont use it too often tho. Probably on really hot days. Thats about it. Other times i have the vent and fan on, windows up, and sunroof open. Gives a cool breeze thru the car. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X