Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

LED conversion, Fuse Keep Going Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED conversion, Fuse Keep Going Out

I have change the courtesy lights and the dome light on my 93 accord to blue LEDs, but for some reason my fuse keeps going out. The first time I replaced the door jamb switch on the rear driver side door because it would'nt work every time when i opened the door. i figured that would fixed my problem but it has continue to happen. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how to possibly fix it.

Fuse

You are lucky pal, Those damn LED lights for the license plate cause a short on my old F150 which fried some of the wiring creating a $400 mess. LED lights look nice but look online and you will see that there are more than one person that had issues with the circuit after installing them. I am in no way trying to tell you not to use them but i will sure stay the hell away from those things, even my LED christmas lights are plagued with issues.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Do you think it was the led? I had a 2007 si with the license plate lights switched to leds. Never had a problem from 80k all the way to 150k miles. After reading that, I don't want leds...

Comment

Originally posted by jbeck View Post
        I have change the courtesy lights and the dome light on my 93 accord to blue LEDs, but for some reason my fuse keeps going out. The first time I replaced the door jamb switch on the rear driver side door because it would'nt work every time when i opened the door. i figured that would fixed my problem but it has continue to happen. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how to possibly fix it.
        Read this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9iqkx08D2m2s0A

This Person had the same issue

Not trying to be rude but why change to leds and use blue? With interior/exterior and especially with hid's you can't see shit at night. I'd suggest using 6500k at the most. Depending on where you get them they can be white or white with a blue tinge
        Last edited by kseriescivic; 01-01-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Led

Originally posted by kseriescivic View Post
          Do you think it was the led? I had a 2007 si with the license plate lights switched to leds. Never had a problem from 80k all the way to 150k miles. After reading that, I don't want leds...
          It happened as i tightened a bulb that was flickering, I had to drive 22 miles with no taillights or dash lights but somehow my headlights were not affected, as a matter of fact i had another set in the glove compartment that i was planning on putting on my accord but decided not to after that incident. As the saying goes If you burn yourself with milk you will cry everytime you see a cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
            It happened as i tightened a bulb that was flickering, I had to drive 22 miles with no taillights or dash lights but somehow my headlights were not affected, as a matter of fact i had another set in the glove compartment that i was planning on putting on my accord but decided not to after that incident. As the saying goes If you burn yourself with milk you will cry everytime you see a cow.
            I've never heard that saying before...do you remember where you bought them?

Comment

Led

At my local accessory shop, those places were they sell stereos and such. I can take a picture later and post it since I don't recall throwing them away.

Comment

my problem is with the interior lights though, I've read up on using LEDs for taillights and turn signals and they have to have a load resistor installed to avoid hyper blinking.
                i haven't read anywhere that is said to use load resistors with the dome and door lights though.
                also i am using blue LEDs in the interior because i did a color conversion. I'm not worried about visibility because they are not my headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                  You are lucky pal, Those damn LED lights for the license plate cause a short on my old F150 which fried some of the wiring creating a $400 mess. LED lights look nice but look online and you will see that there are more than one person that had issues with the circuit after installing them. I am in no way trying to tell you not to use them but i will sure stay the hell away from those things, even my LED christmas lights are plagued with issues.
                  Did you ever figure out exactly what caused the problem? was it a short or the led it self that caused the problem.
                  Ive also read that having the LEDs switched around the wrong way can cause a problem because of the polarity

Comment

Ive also read that having the LEDs switched around the wrong way can cause a problem because of the polarity
                    I'm almost certain installing in a led backwards just won't light up.

Comment

Did you ever figure out exactly what caused the problem? was it a short or the led it self that caused the problem.
                      The bulb somehow changed the resistance in the system and electricity working the way it does found its way by jumping from the lighting system to the horn. I did read about the change of polarity in the bulbs etc but you will see that most bulbs are not labeled with the positive and negative side nor do they use a double color wire for each side, therefore your chance of getting it right is 50/50. What bothers me is how the bulb was there for 2 days prior to the flickering that started the whole ordeal. Like I said before, I share my experience not to persuade folks to refrain from buying but simply to let them know what happened to me.

Comment

Hmm very weird. I installed an 8 piece kit that does all the lights this past week and everything seems to be going fine on mine.

Comment

I tried this too but any lights that have a resistor built in (which allows the light to fade when the door is closed, etc.) will not work as the LED needs a constant voltage.

Comment

I had this issue when I installed LEDs in the dash of my Suburban. Went thru about 5 fuses while troubleshooting and finally found my issue. One of the pre-made led bulbs was shorted, pulled it apart and the legs of the led were touching. That'll do it. Didn't fry any wiring just popped the fuse when I turned on the lights.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by kseriescivic View Post
                              I'm almost certain installing in a led backwards just won't light up.
                              Yeah, diodes (Light Emitting Diode) are designed specifically to allow current to flow in only one direction. The legs of a lone LED are intentionally of different lengths; I can't remember which is which, but longer or shorter translates to pos/neg.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X