Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT : 5th gen Lude Cluster Swap into CB7 EX-R M/T (A/T Avail.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a manual bb6 cluster in my auto. i hate seeing the gear display. and besides i had the manual for my manual cb but i wrecked it before i got it in you did a good job on fitment. im going to go back and do mine like yours
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Thanks, I'm so glad it's finally all done. If you look at my pictures I cut out the "tunnel" that air runs through for air/heat, but I don't think that that's required in order for it to fit. Just cut out the full backing (the thick plastic) and don't leave any edges. Once you can push it so far back that the cluster literally "clips in" behind the screw holes for the bezel, you're good to go.
      I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

Just something I figured out for anyone who tries this.

At first I thought that my low fuel light simply didn't work, which anyone would assume when the needle reaches the "E" and still hasn't come on. But, with these clusters, the low fuel light doesn't come on till WAYYYYYY below the "E" mark.

Just to let you know so you don't get scared

Comment

lol im guessing you didnt want to stop for gas.

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

Originally posted by '90 H22 CB7 View Post

At first I thought that my low fuel light simply didn't work, which anyone would assume when the needle reaches the "E" and still hasn't come on. But, with these clusters, the low fuel light doesn't come on till WAYYYYYY below the "E" mark.

LOL ya i nocited that also. I tried to run it low to make sure that the I wired it properly and thought i was going to run out of gas.

and a note for anyone trying this and I think that its already been said but find a wire harness that is YOUR YEAR CAR. If you have a 89 make sure you have an 89 donor cluster and if you go by colors some times there is more then one function with the same color combo

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
            My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

thats weird mine comes on fine. at first i was looking for the light on the top of the cluster then i saw this really light yellow little bulb in the corner
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

So what you're saying is that the low fuel light comes on when you have say an eighth (1/8) of a tank left? And the cluster is in a 4th gen?? That's odd...what year? lol. I'm just curious why it'd be like that in mine, then not in yours.

Comment

So what you're saying is that the low fuel light comes on when you have say an eighth (1/8) of a tank left? And the cluster is in a 4th gen?? That's odd...what year? lol. I'm just curious why it'd be like that in mine, then not in yours.
                  i got (had i just sold it) 99 prelude sh cluster. my light actually came on today and was not below the E it was above the thick white line near the E

Comment

Low fuel light just comes on when the needle is very low. The amount of fuel that it comes on at is still the same as a stock cluster its just that the needle falls faster. The cluster he put in is a preludes 5th gen (97-01), and I have no idea what the last sentences means.

Comment

lol, yea...I know that it's the same, I was just curious as to why they kicked in a different points. Gotta say, i'm really glad i did the swap...looks so much nicer than the OEM CB7 cluster

Comment

is there any way of changing out the odometer from your cb7 cluster into your bb6 cluster?

Comment

Okay i got one how do i know what plug is A,B or C?
                          Freedom Is Not Free
                          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by 604_SE View Post
                            is there any way of changing out the odometer from your cb7 cluster into your bb6 cluster?
                            not with out sending it to a shop. I called a shop about that and they asked them to do it and they said that they would needed me to get some from with my mileage from the DMV. And I figured that when the shop sees that the cluster is for a Honda accord and their looking at a preludes they would ask questions. but there are shops that do that stuff. you could try and crack it open and roll it but that just sounds like a bad idea

Comment

That actually looks amazing to me.... much nicer look even with the gap.

How long did all of the swap take you?

And about how much did the cluster cost?

Comment

nice diy rite up. it is different. for ex and dx but its not that much of a difference.
                                contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Working...
                                X