colt vs bisi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    The 272 is intended to be a mid-level N/A cam, so I would assume the overlap is fairly significant. Overlap is very useful for a naturally aspirated engine. For turbo, not so much. I mean, it'll work (cheeseboner's car worked quite well...) but it's not an ideal profile. I've never heard of anyone blowing their turbo up by forcing unburned air and fuel into it... but the very idea of that possibility with a high overlap camshaft terrifies me!
    I wouldn't do it, but people have done it with success.

Another option is to call Delta and inquire about a custom grind. It might cost a bit more, but I don't see why they couldn't make a custom camshaft that offers more lift than stock, but less overlap than any of their off-the-shelf offerings.
    yea i ended up getting the bisi cam since ive never heard of DDcams and seems no one has any feedback about coltcams. i probably should have called delta(considering they are like a 45 min drive from my house lol) and seen what they could do for me.. but bisi(jannet) did give me a discount off my order. i ended up getting their cam gear, intake gasket and headgasket with the cam. thanks for the feedback i did get. though i went with whats been proven besides the 2 incidents that have happened.

Comment

If you know how to measure a camshaft, measure the Bisi cam when you get it to make sure it is what you expect it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        If you know how to measure a camshaft, measure the Bisi cam when you get it to make sure it is what you expect it to be.
        yes i will for sure and i will post results
        im not 100% sure how to.. but google knows all

Comment

I put the degree wheel on the camshaft instead of the crankshaft. You have to multiply everything by 2 and it's not as accurate, but if the head is off the engine it's a lot easief to do and it is still accurate to a degree or two.

Comment

Originally posted by wagon-r View Post
            I put the degree wheel on the camshaft instead of the crankshaft. You have to multiply everything by 2 and it's not as accurate, but if the head is off the engine it's a lot easief to do and it is still accurate to a degree or two.
            i dont have a cam degreeing kit unfortunately

Comment

Degree wheels are cheap and you can get a reasonably accurate dial indicator with stand or clamp from Harbor Freight for about $30. The pros use two dial indicators and check intake and exhaust at the same time, but I just bought one dial indicator and spun the camshaft around again for intake and exhaust. I got very repeatable measurements when I rechecked valve lift and duration, so I am confident that this works reasonably well.

Comment

has anyone used a cam degree kit on the f22? as it seems a bunch of them are engine specific.
                also does anyone know if i will need to check piston to valve clearance?

oh and i didnt notice that this went to 2nd page i didnt see your comment till now wagon, and yea i guess if thats all i need is a wheel and a single dial indicator shouldnt be bad
                Last edited by 93redcb7; 07-15-2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X