When purchased: 18 something
    Currently: 60,907

ENGINE/Trans:
    K24W/CVT

EXTERIOR:
    Modern Steel Metallic
    H9 Low Beam Mod
    Sylvania 6k LED light strip swap.
    DDM 1100 lumen LED fog light bulbs in yellow.
    LED license plate conversion

INTERIOR:
    LED light conversions

ICE:
    Stock Honda i-Mid system.

SECURITY:

SUSPENSION:
    Stock

SHOES:
    Stock 17 Alloys

Future:
    [Homelink Module]
    [mudflaps]
    [flushmount spoiler]
    [Sport grille?]
    [Convert to dual exhaust]

Last edited by Ralphie; 02-14-2018, 02:25 PM.

Well, figured i'd get this going.

New to me 13 EX.

Bought it with 18k on it around mid -August.

Still in love with this car. It has a lot of the things that I miss about my cb with the refinements that 25 years of advancement can bring.

She is a pleasure to drive and handles quite well. Sometimes it almost feels "too nice" to be an Accord, but when I shake her up, she takes it in stride.

Seeing consistent 38+ MPG, which pays for itself.

Really can't think of one single thing that I dislike about the car. The CVT is much better then Nissans, at least my 09 Altima.

Well here she is!

I plan on keeping her for quite a while. My faithful DD.

No real plans for her, as much of what I'd want to do is done already and shit is expensive these days. I would much rather stack my riches and invest in a "real" project if ya catch my driftwood.

HA!

Comment

stock up on the factory accessories while you still can.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
        stock up on the factory accessories while you still can.
        Which ones?

I already got weathertech floor mats. I liked them better then Honda's.

I did want to buy the Homelink switchset to install so I could get rid of my garage door opener.

I know there are a ton of HFP stuff that is badass but that shit is pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          Which ones?

I already got weathertech floor mats. I liked them better then Honda's.

I did want to buy the Homelink switchset to install so I could get rid of my garage door opener.

I know there are a ton of HFP stuff that is badass but that shit is pricey.
          It's not nearly as integrated as the OEM one, but buy a Homeline module out of a late 90's GM and integrate it into your headliner.

This is how I did it in my Tacoma:

Cost me $22 and an hour of my time.

Comment

Well Forrest Hills Honda sells a hacked OEM kit that includes a battery for DC power.

Its like $100. I found OEM homelink on ebay for cheap, but I would have to tap into power somewhere.

Comment

Well Forrest Hills Honda sells a hacked OEM kit that includes a battery for DC power.

Its like $100. I found OEM homelink on ebay for cheap, but I would have to tap into power somewhere.
              Pull it from your map lights. They're always powered which means the vehicle doesn't need to be running for the Homelink to be active. That's how mine is set up. I'm very impressed with the range of my system...it can open when I'm a house away, compared to the Sears opener which only works when I'm already in the driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                Pull it from your map lights. They're always powered which means the vehicle doesn't need to be running for the Homelink to be active. That's how mine is set up. I'm very impressed with the range of my system...it can open when I'm a house away, compared to the Sears opener which only works when I'm already in the driveway.
                Just remember there will always be power going to it. So if you park your car on the street, someone could break in and open your garage. If its always in the garage your good. Just food for thought
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Just remember there will always be power going to it. So if you park your car on the street, someone could break in and open your garage. If its always in the garage your good. Just food for thought
                  That's no different than having a remote on your visor. Besides, my truck is rarely out of the garage, and even if they did get in, the brilliant minds that built my house in the 70's neglected to put a door between the house and the ATTACHED garage. Once a door is put in, a deadbolt and my security system will deal with it.

Comment

Yea my plan is to get this car in the garage, since my wife isn't that interested in parking the CRV in there.

I have an oversized one car so until we move into a bigger house, it is one or the other.

Problem is I have to move a ton of shit into my new shed in the backyard which is going to be a whole day affair and I have had 0 time for that.

Even if they did get in my garage, they can't get in the house as my door has two locks and I also have an alarm, granted they could clean out my garage which has all my expensive tools etc.

I wonder how the OEM is setup....is it constant power or ACC power?

Id be ok with not being able to use it unless the car was on, which would be a good security feature.

Id have to pull power from the sunroof/led shift light I guess as those are only on with the acc.

Thoughts?

Comment

I also have to bring her in for some TSB love.

I get a shudder sometimes when I come to a stop like at a light.

Its a cvt issue.

Supposedly they need to replace a part and update the computer.

Also there is a known wind issue with the drivers door trims.

That is also corrected.

Since I have a 3 year/30k mile warranty, I need to get it in ASAP so they can address those two issues as that is the only things going on at the moment.

Comment

Well came up with a few ideas for some small changes thanks to the 9th gen Facebook group.

-Homelink OEM module installed in overhead position. Will wire it up to sunroof so it illuminates but is off when car is off.
                        -Going to pick up a t10 wedge for the LED strip under the headlamps.
                        -Also going to either get h8 bulbs for fogs or maybe do a slim HID retrofit.
                        -Mudflaps
                        -Flushmount trunklid spoiler

Would LOVE to pickup a set of 19'' wheels.....specifically AG m510s ....but I can't justify $1200.

Fucking s3x. Except id rock them in gunmetal.

No other plans right now.
                        Last edited by Ralphie; 12-28-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Well came up with a few ideas for some small changes thanks to the 9th gen Facebook group.

-Homelink OEM module installed in overhead position. Will wire it up to sunroof so it illuminates but is off when car is off.
                          -Going to pick up a t10 wedge for the LED strip under the headlamps.
                          -Also going to either get h8 bulbs for fogs or maybe do a slim HID retrofit.
                          -Mudflaps
                          -Flushmount trunklid spoiler

Would LOVE to pickup a set of 19'' wheels.....specifically AG m510s ....but I can't justify $1200.

Fucking s3x. Except id rock them in gunmetal.

No other plans right now.
                          Nice list. The LED strip under the headlamps aren't individual bulbs on a board, but a regular wedge base bulb?

19's would look nice, but without altering ride height, I find it's quite difficult to pull off aftermarket wheels.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                              Nice list. The LED strip under the headlamps aren't individual bulbs on a board, but a regular wedge base bulb?

19's would look nice, but without altering ride height, I find it's quite difficult to pull off aftermarket wheels.
                              Ya that is why I am not upset that I can't afford nice wheels. I have no plans on lowering the car and I think it would look odd, so im beat. But I can dream!

And as far as the led strip....I am not even 100% sure but someone on the 9th gen fb group changed out a single bulb for a t10 LED wedge and the whole strip is much brighter.

On EX and below, the LED strip is part of the "parking" light setup and the high beams are the DRL.

On EX-L and above, the LED strip are the DRL.

Like this-

My lamps look more like this-

Not the best examples but basically the newer Accords I think are separate bulbs but on mine, I think its one bulb in the corner and then the light is somehow reflected throughout the strip as the light tappers off the further the strip gets towards midline of the car.
                              Last edited by Ralphie; 12-29-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X