No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5 lug conversion 6th Gen Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not bad, should of put all the comparisons apart so it wouldnt be as confusing you kno, just put the the DIY for the parts your using and every other bit of info as side note....but overall good

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

thius looks cheap to do next thing ima do thanks
      1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Originally posted by rezist09 View Post
        thius looks cheap to do next thing ima do thanks
        prob do this in the spring after i paint car, fix interior

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Just to make sure EVERYTHING has been stated and confirmed. The tow changes due to the tie rods connecting place being closer to the hub than the original cb. I did not notice it till the other day. I will give deatils on axles then as well. I have all 3 to choose from, cb, lude h22 and f23. I have been working too much with my new job to get anything done.
          Last edited by da9b16; 12-03-2009, 01:15 AM.
          WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

sense were using the crv's rear drum can the hub from the crv be used as well . imma look for the 00 x at the yard tomorrow . imma read this again , an lil lost on the tl info.

good write up none the less . thank you for other options on this mod

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

thank you for the write up AND a complete parts list too !!!!
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ncoutlaw View Post
                sense were using the crv's rear drum can the hub from the crv be used as well . imma look for the 00 x at the yard tomorrow . imma read this again , an lil lost on the tl info.

good write up none the less . thank you for other options on this mod
                To answer your question not from the awd which is the only one I had to use. I cannot nor have not been able to mock up any different crv rears. But the crv from 97-01 is INDEED a stretched ek civic chassis. I know because I have an 00 si cluster in my 98 crv and it plugs right in with NO wiring. Also the crv hub is interchangeable with the civic and the b20 has the same motor mounts as the EM1.... Or 99-00 si b16.
                WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

any more info on this thread?

Comment

Bump this thread.

Im in for info about the axles and the rear end parts.

Im disc in the rear...just need to know what parts are needed for the rear end.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                      any more info on this thread?
                      what do you mean any more info???
                      WAGONS

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                        Bump this thread.

Im in for info about the axles and the rear end parts.

Im disc in the rear...just need to know what parts are needed for the rear end.
                        Let me re- phrase what I have already stated.... the CRV rear end trailing arms will work on ONLY civic and Integras since they are similar chassis. The CRV rear end AWD will NOT work on accord as they have completely DIFFERENT rear ends....

The only ONLY parts you can use are the outter drum.... not the whole assembly.....

The 97-99 TL 5 lug CAN be used but you have the change the hub to the LUDE hub because the TL hub sits out further creating an offset if you will that sticks out almost 1" from the fender... anything else?
                        WAGONS

Comment

Originally posted by da9b16 View Post
                          Let me re- phrase what I have already stated.... the CRV rear end trailing arms will work on ONLY civic and Integras since they are similar chassis. The CRV rear end AWD will NOT work on accord as they have completely DIFFERENT rear ends....

The only ONLY parts you can use are the outter drum.... not the whole assembly.....

The 97-99 TL 5 lug CAN be used but you have the change the hub to the LUDE hub because the TL hub sits out further creating an offset if you will that sticks out almost 1" from the fender... anything else?
                          thanks for clearing that up.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

what do you mean any more info???
                            what i actually wanted ask was , if you can use stock F22 auto axles on the swap. (i needed a way to not forget where this thread was)

i want to do the swap but will stay stock motor/trans for a while

Comment

Yes indeed you can use the accord axles...... Since my h22 is using accord axles and they have the same spline count as these do.

I want to say this again for clarity..... you will have to have the tow corrected once this is done.... since the mounting point is closer to the hub. I did a redneck alignment on mine last night so that I could drive it.....
                              WAGONS

Comment

Yes indeed you can use the accord axles...... Since my h22 is using accord axles and they have the same spline count as these do.

I want to say this again for clarity..... you will have to have the tow corrected once this is done.... since the mounting point is closer to the hub. I did a redneck alignment on mine last night so that I could drive it.....
                                thank you a million times over !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X