Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENG: MAIN RELAY REMOVAL AND REPAIR (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah mine didnt cost that much either dont remember exactly but i know it didnt cost 90 cuz i wouldnt have gotten it.. but i need to take the old one out it too damn hot out here in az to be up under a dashboard i just needed to use the car so i just unplugged the old one and left the new one danglin when i get it out maybe ill resolder it and sell it for 10 or 15 bux lol

Ride List
    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

fixed mine yesterday, cant really tell which are cracked tho, but the car fired up and hasnt given up yet, will let you know if it fails, and if it doesnt in a month ill also let u guys know! Mine used to crap out 3/4 times a day!
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Great write up. I had to find and remove the relay tommrow and this is just what I needed. Took like 2 min searching. Thanks!!!
        Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Yea good write up. That last picture looks like you were ready for surgery lol. This will deff come in handy.

Comment

nice diy i used it today, i replaced mine with a new one (oem model) and amd going going to repair the old one).thanks
            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

its been 2 weeks and mine hasnt failed once yet looks like the free fix worked!!!

Thanks a lot!
              1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Hey typeG is that dirt i see ? Nice write up on this Diy wish i had this 2 months ago. Great Job.

haha just busting ur balls.. Thats one clean ride.

Comment

this DIY really helped me out. you should remove the kick bolster as typeG mentioned for easier access. it was hard for me due to my alarm brain being up there against it. it took only 30mins in the dark to do this. my relay's solder joints didn't even looked cracked but i replaced it completely anyway since i had a couple of failures before. everything works great now!

thanks again !!!
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

if you happen to solder two of the joints together on accident you dont neccessarily need a desoldering tool. Remember solder flows to the heat. just heat up halfway in between and the solder should flow away from the other joint so that they are no longer bridged.

just take your time and dont burn anything.
                    WTB:
                    88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                    OR
                    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                      this DIY really helped me out. you should remove the kick bolster as typeG mentioned for easier access.
                      Yeah, I should have thought of that before I did it. What a pain.

So far, since I've done this, I haven't had any failed starts. And it's been pretty hot out here in Ontario,Montclair, Chino

Originally posted by immeraufdemhund
                      if you happen to solder two of the joints together on accident you dont neccessarily need a desoldering tool. Remember solder flows to the heat. just heat up halfway in between and the solder should flow away from the other joint so that they are no longer bridged.

just take your time and dont burn anything.
                      Good tip

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                        So far, since I've done this, I haven't had any failed starts. And it's been pretty hot out here in Ontario,Montclair, Chino
                        wow you're not too far away from me. i'm off of central ave city of chino!
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Hmm, yeah, I'm in Chino a lot. I'm actually off Haven Ave and the 60.
                          'blackcb7' and 'AirRide Accord' are pretty close as well....near abouts Euclid Ave I believe.

My swap thread
                          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Hmm, yeah, I'm in Chino a lot. I'm actually off Haven Ave and the 60.
                            'blackcb7' and 'AirRide Accord' are pretty close as well....near abouts Euclid Ave I believe.

really you live in chino timmy, i though you lived in like diamond bar or something like that, you should post in the i.e. thread man, wow, i actually live on euclid and mission and airride accord lives like two blocks away, i use to work off central and chino hills parkway
                            Members Ride

Comment

Nice DIY with pics.

Comment

Can I just buy the main relay? I dont have soldering tools or access
                                hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                                X