Wish more people had a Euro-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish more people had a Euro-R

I wish more people that were active on here had Euro-Rs. I see that people say
    that they are basically the same as the baseline H22 but there are some things
    that are not the same at all & I just want more people to talk it over & confirm
    it with.

I read on HT that apparently when people put a euro intake manifold on a
    regular H22 they have to "modify the injector ports". Is that because they mate
    up differently at the head?

I wonder since the Euro's injectors are longer, does the base H22 injectors not spray
    as they should?

This was from the thread " the R manifold runners at the flange do not have an arch that comes up around the pintle of the injector.
    the stock R injectors have a much longer pintle and therefor reaches the end of the flange without a disrupted spray pattern.
    well the stock h22 injectors has a very short pintle. if you were to leave this area alone without porting the fuel spray pattern would
    completely be disrupted and cause a drip instead of a spray into the combustion chamber. "

I know that he was talking about porting the Euro IM so it would mate to the base H22 correctly but, what did he mean when
    saying about the spray pattern difference in using the stock H22 injectors will cause a "drip"?

I'm guessing that since the Euro injectors are much longer so they reach the end of the flange for the IM as it should,
    while the H22 injectors are shorter which would result in them not reaching the end of the flange.

When I went through tuning my car it always seemed on the rich side, so I
    am curious if that if the reason why. Due to the spray pattern & shorter
    pintle on the stock base H22 injectors.

What do you guys think?? My Euro runs great but, I just saw this thread &
    was curious about what you guys think.
    Last edited by G. Wiffington; 04-16-2019, 01:21 PM.
    Keep Pushing..

well sometimes you gotta keep reading lol..

I saw in the same thread someone asked about running the obd1 injectors &
    they said it ran fine just as I am experiencing.

I wonder if I could be gaining anymore power from the Euro Injectors?
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

I think the concern about the fuel spray pattern concerns the shape/length of the dispensing end of the injector. The Euro-R injector is longer extends past the shrouded area in the flange.

The USDM injector has a conical shape if I am remembering correctly. I think the end is also a shorter which leads to a concern with the pooling of fuel that creates the drip. The Euro-R injector has a much more slender form factor than the USDM H22 injector.

I have access the stock Euro-R fuel injectors, but the normal H22 injectors are in my engine so I can't really compare them at the moment.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thanks for the input. I do have a set of F22 injectors & the Euro's side by side.

DO you know if the H22s are close the to the size of the F22s?

Euro R Injector on the Left | F22 Inector in the Right

Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
          I think the concern about the fuel spray pattern concerns the shape/length of the dispensing end of the injector. The Euro-R injector is longer extends past the shrouded area in the flange.

The USDM injector has a conical shape if I am remembering correctly. I think the end is also a shorter which leads to a concern with the pooling of fuel that creates the drip. The Euro-R injector has a much more slender form factor than the USDM H22 injector.

I have access the stock Euro-R fuel injectors, but the normal H22 injectors are in my engine so I can't really compare them at the moment.
          So you have a Euro right? I think we talked before about them.
          Are you running the Euro H in your car? I am running the base H22 injectors
          & have never had an issue.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

The stock injectors for the F22 are physically the same size the H22 injectors. Just the H22 injectors flow more.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

idk much about the engine, but when they are 25 years old, i want the car lol.
              COUPE K24

Comment

I had a Euro-R manifold in my Lude.
                The spray pattern is different, requiring "opening" of the fuel injector hole/shroud/thingy.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Those Euro R injectors look identical to the two sets of JDM injectors I have: H23A and F23A. I just got a JDM H23A, and pulled the rail and injectors. I know now that the JDM fuel rails are much different than the USDM ones, and sit a little closer to the runners, hence the shorter injector length. I would sell you my JDM rail so you can run the Euro-R injectors, but the inlet is on the driver's side, so I'm not sure you could run it without a custom fuel inlet hose.
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

https://roskoracing.com/blogs/news/m...ntake-manifold
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm trying to do some heavy handed research on that block as well, because if I do end up deciding on another H22, it's definitely the Euro R now that it's reasonably priced without the transmission.

My main issue that hasn't been really covered are:

- What basemap to use
                      - Which H22 injectors to use
                      - Which fuel rail to use (and I've used your MR thread as reference G. Wiff)
                      - And if you can still use C/C
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                        I'm trying to do some heavy handed research on that block as well, because if I do end up deciding on another H22, it's definitely the Euro R now that it's reasonably priced without the transmission.

My main issue that hasn't been really covered are:

- What basemap to use
                        - Which H22 injectors to use
                        - Which fuel rail to use (and I've used your MR thread as reference G. Wiff)
                        - And if you can still use C/C
                        - Use an H22A4 map if you can find it, H22A1 if it's all you can find. Ideally you'll get a custom tune. There are also pre-made tunes that are designed for slightly higher lift cams and/or other ignition improvements, they would likely work nicely.

- If you have the Euro-R injectors, use those with the resistor box bypassed. If you don't have them, use any H22 injectors that you can find - although you'll need to trim your manifold as per Rosko's instructions. OBD1 H22A1 injectors would avoid messing with the resistor box, and you can mock-up using common F22 injectors for sizing.

- Ideally you will have the Euro-R rail, and it would match the Euro-R injectors as-is (though need fuel line extending), or if you want to run your CB7 fuel rail or other normal H22 injectors, you will need the spacer kit from Rosko.

- Cruise control works fine, just make sure you hook up the vacuum line.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks Jarrett and cp[mike], that's exactly the right answers. The only thing I can add without googling the exact numbers (because I'm lazy and I'm 80% sure those are the numbers), is that ODB2 H22 injectors are 245 saturated whereas Euro R injectors are 270 saturated, and the OBD1 H22 injectors are 310 or 340 peak and hold.

The performance losses from using any other H22 injectors and not porting the injector holes are "small" (maybe 10HP-ish and a tenth to two tenths slower 1/4 mile times), so get the car dyno tuned after porting the holes for optimal fun.

The problem I did run into by using OBD1 injectors and not porting the holes, was when the temperature was above 90 and I was running the car for a prolong period of time (especially coming off the freeway) the car would die randomly, and then I'd have to give it gas to start it and keep the rpms up with the gas pedal or it would die again, I could ease off the gas until it idled, but that was annoying. After I ported the holes, I've never had that issue again.

Comment

I never even looked back at this thread.
                            I am now getting curious again about the Euro R injectors.
                            I am looking to put the euro r back to the oem injectors & the R fuel rail.

Since running the OBD1 H22 injectors with the F22 fuel rail & rosko accessories
                            I never had an issue & my car pulls pretty hard. Never had any dying issues
                            or anything like that.

I would like to get the R injectors, R rail & bypass the resistor box to see
                            if I get any more power out of this thing.

I do not know much about the flow rate or cc's produced but from datalogging
                            I have maxed out the OBD1 H22 injectors. I am wondering if it is due to the
                            spray pattern compared to the correct injectors I should be running.
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

I'm no expert on injector flow myself, but Rosko also sells parts so you can use the RDX injectors as an upgrade. The 2 friends I know with Euro Rs both went that route.

Comment

Working...
                              X