• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Sleeper : 1992 Accord EX

CRASHED!
    And I don't know what to do yet...
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...63#post2533163

Oh the memories...

Her name is Veronica, and she is my dirty girl...

Here's She Is Now!
    For More Pictures CLICK HERE!

Pictures Of Her As Soon As She Got Back On The Road!!!

Rolling Video As Soon As I Got Her Goin' Again

I still have a lot of goodies to install, but not enough time to do so. I'll try to have everything done and new pictures this weekend. I'm trying!

Engine

JDM F20A DOHC Swap
    JDM MP6A Automagic Transmission Swap
    All new engine seals, gaskets, coolant hoses, tranny cooler hoses & maintenance parts (i.e. fuel filter, thermostat, etc)
    New O2 sensor
    EGR Block-off Plate
    Air Starting Valve Block-off Plate (JDM stock)
    Balance Shaft Belt Delete
    Bisimoto Intake Manifold Gasket
    Polyurethane Filled Mounts
    Ebay 3" Intake Pipe
    K&N Carbon Fiber Cone Filter
    Spectre Breather Filters
    Ebay Header
    OBX Muffler
    Custom Exhaust (High Flow Cat, 2.5" Piping, Magnaflow Resonator, OBX Muffler.) Awaiting Install
    And more I'm probably forgetting...

Suspension & Wheels

Enkei 17" Wheels Painted Black
    KYB GR-2 Shocks (For Now)
    TEIN S-TECH Springs
    Ebay Strut Bar

Brakes

Stock...For Now

Electronics

Cobra Radar Detector
    Tom Tom GPS
    Pioneer Head Unit
    Kenwood 6" Pods Up Front
    Power Acoustik 6"x9" In the Rear

Interior

Gangster Maroon Interior
    Nardi Woodgrain Steering Wheel Awaiting Install
    Autozone Cup Holders (Hellz Yeah!)
    Polished Face White Letter Clock
    Famous Stars And Straps Logo Painted On Rear Ashtray

Exterior

CD5 Mugen Front Lip
    Sigma Rear Lip
    Versus Group-B Sideskirts Awaiting Install
    Black Housed Bumper Turn Signals
    Amber Corners For Sale
    Black Housed Corners
    Type R Grill w/ Mugen Emblem
    350Z Carbon Fiber Air Duct Awaiting Install
    2.0Si Badge
    Red/Clear Tails
    OEM Spoiler Painted Seattle Silver For Sale
    M3 Flushmount Spoiler
    Window Visors
    CB Squad Sticker
    TEIN Sticker
    Shocker Sticker
    "I <3 Old Skool" Sticker
    Bisimoto Engineering License Plate Frame

Things Coming Soon

The Bottle Baby!!! 75 Shot, ZEX Kit
    Suspension Upgrade
    Brake Upgrade
    New Rims
    MORE GOODIEZ!
    Blah Blah Blah...
    Last edited by CB7 Sleeper; 05-18-2010, 06:04 AM.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

The New Heart

F20A DOHC Engine Swap Process

Engine Upon Arrival

After Unwrapping
    The Dirty Start To A Happy Ending

Cisco's Work Begins
    The Engine Inspection And "Refresh"

Tearing It Down
    Alright, As You Can See, Quite A Bit Is Being Accomplished.
    The engine needed an in depth inspection, and cleaning as well as lubrication for the initial start up. New parts will also be installed.

Let's start with a few new parts. This engine will basically be running like it's brand new and be running well for at least 100,000 miles (in stock form anyway).

Can you see the reflections on the cylinder walls? Good job Cisco. Very clean.

Cylinder head will be reconditioned, and bad valve stem seals replaced.

Exhaust and intake ports on the cylinder head. Now you can see why the seals will need to be replaced and the head reconditioned.

Looking good so far, just got to keep on going!

Intake manifold with the new coolant hoses installed.

New F20A OEM water pump

Awesomeness...

More Pictures In The Next Post...
    Last edited by CB7 Sleeper; 05-06-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Mowa Engine Piczars!
      The engine being reassembled and prepared to drop in.

Head is done! Look how nice it looks!

Intake and exhaust ports.

Cylinder head and intake manifold installation.

Bisimoto intake manifold gasket.

Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-15-2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Why? I'll Tell You Why
        Here is a post I made later on in this thread I thought was important to express my outlook on this project and such. So read up, and enjoy!

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper
        To be honest, it's all about uniqueness. Nobody builds the F20A DOHC, in fact, I've only seen one member on here with the F20A DOHC swap, and now he doesn't even have it any more.

The motor is unique, it's rare, it's an easy swap, and it was in my budget. The engine is designed to be very rev happy. The bore is the same as the F22Ax, yet the stroke is significantly shorter. With a set of Bisimoto camshafts I plan on putting in, this thing is going to SCREAM! Throw a 75 shot of nitrous into the mix, and the H22 guys aren't going to stand a chance.

With this project, I am going for three things.

1. Uniqueness - I have already achieved this going with the F20A DOHC, and I will stray farther away from the crowd with my N/A build and the spray. The fact that I'm using Bisimoto cams in this motor alone makes me unique, considering not many people go with the Bisi cams in the first place. Then throw in the fact that I'm on an automatic transmission, and it's a whole new ball game. A lot of you guys don't know the obstacles involved when modifying an engine with an automatic transmission. It is a lot more complicated than a 5-speed, and the complications don't just stop with engine management. You also have to take into consideration base idle problems, shifting, the TCU, etc. Unique, has definitely been achieved.

2. Reliability - First of all, the engine is basically being refreshed to the condition it was in when it came out of the factory. Then I also have a new transmission to replace my old tired one. The nitrous kit I am going with is perfect from a "reliability" standpoint. The ZEX single fogger kit, comes with everything needed for a reliable set up.
        Originally posted by TASauto
        ZEX Nitrous Systems have an advanced, patented feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel. The engine never runs too rich or too lean when engaging the nitrous system. ZEX "Wet" nitrous systems activate at wide-open throttle, using advanced electronics that monitor your engine’s throttle position sensor. This makes using your nitrous system very easy and reliable.
        A 75 HP shot (which is rated at the flywheel by ZEX, instead of at the wheels like other companies.) is very conservative for my engine, if you take into consideration the 15&#37; loss through the drivetrain. Reliability right there, again. Now lets take into account my route for tuning. Instead of using a chipped ECU and tuning with some program that may or may not work with my automatic transmission, I'm going a smart route and using my PT6, which will operate my new motor fine, controlling the IABs and such. The only consequence of running the PT6 is that it will run the new motor rich, if I ran it stock. But I'll be using an AEM FIC controller, which I will use to dyno tune for N/A and nitrous settings. I'll be able to tune on one setting for N/A and adjust the air/fuel ratio accordingly, along with the timing. Then with the AEM unit I can toggle between two settings with the flip of a switch, so I will be able to tune for nitrous seperately, and adjust the air/fuel ratio accordingly, and then the ignition timing again. This way, I will not sacrifice power when running N/A by only having one setting and having to run with retarded timing or run rich when I'm not on the bottle. Reliability, there as well. This amongst other things will help me achieve that reliable, daily driveable, yet still fun performance without having to worry about breaking anything.

3. "Sleeper" - Yes, I am sick of cops looking at me and trying to find reasons to pull me over. So I am going to start "downgrading" the appearance so that it looks "factory" to the untrained eye, yet SICK to any car enthusiast. My simple Seattle Silver and Black theme I'll have going is really going to look good. It'll be very nice, and very clean. A straight up 1992 Honda Accord 2.0Si is all anybody will see. My Black 16" rims will be the only hint to the untrained eye that my car isn't any ol' Accord. I don't know how to explain it, but when it is all done, you guys will understand. I'm sure you'll love it too.
        My thoughts, when I started this build, on which direction this project is headed. I'm not sure how the whole "Sleeper" them is going to turn out, as it may end up being a little more outlandish appearance wise in the end, but hey, it's just my style. I am not revealing anything yet, but you'll all see soon enough.
        Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-15-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

And here's a picture after the Accident.

R.I.P. Veronica : May 13, 2010...

Last edited by CB7 Sleeper; 05-15-2010, 11:00 PM.

Comment

makeover ftw

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
              makeover ftw
              Lol, yes sir. Under the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                Lol, yes sir. Under the knife.
                It's all good about deleting my post lol. But I'm sub'd for this one, GL bro.

^^^^^
                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

that car looks mint!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                    It's all good about deleting my post lol. But I'm sub'd for this one, GL bro.
                    Luck? We don't need luck where we're going! Away....

Lol, thanks man. I'll update as shit starts to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                      that car looks mint!
                      Oh, it is mint. But, not good enough for me yet mang. If there's an AFM next year, you can bet on seeing it there. I think your gonna like it. Oh, and the NY mega meet fo sho. I'll be there too!

Comment

Clean sedan! Good job on the wheels!
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                          Clean sedan! Good job on the wheels!
                          Yea, I sold the ADRs and the stockers were so boring so with a little paint I changed that. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                            Yea, I sold the ADRs and the stockers were so boring so with a little paint I changed that. Lol
                            Why did you sell the ADRs? And did you sand the stockies? I plan on painting mine just like that!
                            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                              Why did you sell the ADRs? And did you sand the stockies? I plan on painting mine just like that!
                              I sold the ADRs to get money for my swap and build.

I sanded the wheels down quite a bit, then painted them with black engine enamel, then engine clear.

Came out really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X