Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Accord LX Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules 3.K.2 Coolant.

Coolant must be water only**no antifreeze, antiboil, water*wetter, or other additives allowed. (That stuff is slippery**when your car pukes its guts all over the track, we don't want to be sliding around in it.) A functional catch tank is mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
      Rules 3.K.2 Coolant.
      yeah, it took 3 drainings and three fillings before it ran clear. And by then it was really hot since I had to make sure the thermostat was open. But now it is full of DI water.
      ==========================
      1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
      1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
      Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
      Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
      Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Dnf

Didn't quite finish. 45 minutes before the end we ran out of brakes, and got our final penalty all at the same moment. Our day was done. We were in 63rd place. It probably ended with us around 80th or worse. Pics and some vids are linked in the blog. I'll link some here another day. There is in car video on youtube. Watch a mostly stock accord blowing past mercedes, bimmers, a jag, a porsche, a toyota corona, a few miatas. Also watch countless bimmers and mitatas and other cars that are hard to believe are less than $500 blow past us like we were parked. I gotta say LeMons makes me want an e30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L1AejXvW4Y
        M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.

Comment

It's so weird, I was at Sonoma on Monday drag racing. You were there the previous two days Lemons Racing. Did it reach the 80's during those two days? It was about 80 degrees at 1pm on Monday.

Say, talk to Tishock and/or I if you are wanting to race at Buttonwillow, but not in your car (wink, wink).
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Two videos

My Saturday morning fast lap 2:16.4.

My Sunday fast lap 2:15.5.

The battery died on Saturday afternoon before my overall fast lap. It's pretty hard to swap drivers and also pay attention to fiddling with the gopro. Since Tedd drove right after me I failed to get any video of him at all. He's our ringer. He had a dozen laps as fast as my fastest and posted a 2:11! He'll he had a 2:12 at the end when we basically had no brakes left. I really wish I had video of him so I could see how he does it.

On my channel there is also a 20 minute video of one of my Saturday drives. I may post a blooper reel, but I've only found me flat spotting the tires running off in the bus stop. We actually ran a very clean race with only one bit of contact all weekend.

Comment

Awesome build. A lot of great input here.

I do notice with your racing, brakes are often changed frequently.

You should consider changing the front brake setup. There is a DIY to convert to (rotor over hub)ROH. Instead of the shitty HOR the accords came with.

2.2 CL hub with prelude 95 vtec rotors 11" and prelude vtec calipers and brackets.

Very easy to change rotors for pit stops.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134350
              Last edited by excalibur02; 02-21-2016, 05:33 PM.

Comment

We are planning the roh upgrade. But the rotors we have now are great. We will wait a bit.

In the mean time it looks like we cooked the boot on the caliper pistons, so I figure the seal is cooked too. In need a rebuild kit. We have the akebono calipers. I measure the piston diameter at 54mm. The old nissins I measure as being 57mm with the same tape measure. I measured a few times to confirm. I had thought they were the same size.

Am I seeing things?

Odd, the forum won't let me start a new thread in here.

Comment

Well I found where they sold the parts that are for the akebono, they didn't specify piston diameter. I went ahead and got seals and pistons for a rebuild. I hope they fit.

We have new video up of our last race. This one is most of my Saturday morning drive.

Comment

Small things like heel toeing, rev matching, and faster shifts make all the difference when seconds are involved. I see you got that a4 header, and are obviously having more fun than most of us are with your CB. I'm in for more! I want a lemons car too.

I thought something was wrong with my speakers due to the video not having sound. I opened iTunes and my face flew across the room.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                      Small things like heel toeing, rev matching, and faster shifts make all the difference when seconds are involved. I see you got that a4 header, and are obviously having more fun than most of us are with your CB. I'm in for more! I want a lemons car too.
                      With the tall gears in our tranny 99% of the race is 2nd to 3rd. Our 3rd gear synchro isn't all it could be. Those slow shifts in both directions are a decision we made as a team to preserve the car. In endurance racing it is less about seconds than it is about laps. Broken cars don't turn laps. When I post my Sunday drive you'll see that cars in the penalty box don't turn laps either d'Oh!

I'm really quite pleased that we ended up with this car. We'll never compete for the overall win. We can't touch a 325i with 170hp or the featherlight handling of the miatas, but the F22 motor just keeps on ticking. And so many other parts are just so robust. For instance lots of cars go through wheel bearings like popcorn at an action flick. Some of the VW teams replace them after just one day of racing. The ford focus teams often replace their CV joints during the race. I'm going to replace our bearing after three 2 day races and that's probably overkill. I'm not even worried about the CV joints. I also love how cheap parts are. Viva Rockauto!

Anyway if we ever do need a new tranny I'll be asking Santa for an H23 with LSD. I spin that inside front at turns 2, 4, 7, 9a, and 11 at sonoma.

My P12-A02 ECU arrived in the mail this morning! $59 for 10hp (more or less). $6 per hp! What a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by ukemike View Post

what's up with the egg timer on the passenger side door bar?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                          what's up with the egg timer on the passenger side door bar?
                          We use it for the clock. When a driver starts his stint behind the wheel we agree on a time to come in. The other timer on the "dash" serves the same purpose mostly because the red clock isn't reliable.

Comment

Awesome! Cool to see another lemons build. Thanks to the guys for sending me here from the Lemons forum for our build

Comment

Originally posted by Offroadr View Post
                              Awesome! Cool to see another lemons build. Thanks to the guys for sending me here from the Lemons forum for our build
                              I was one of the folks that suggested you come here. Welcome.

So last weekend I rebuilt the left front caliper as detailed in another post in the brakes board.

This weekend my teammate Tedd moved the seatbottom forward to get closer to the pedals, a bit higher, and a bit more reclined. I fabbed up two intakes, for brake cooling ducts that go in the fog light openings. I finally got to make use of my harbor freight bending brake. I used cardboard from a cereal box, scissors, and tape to make a rough draft of the part I wanted. Then I went home and unfolded it and laid it out. I traced it onto a sheet of aluminum that I had and then thought carefully about how I would fold it and attach it. I had to make tabs on lots of the edges so I could overlap two layers and connect them with a pop-rivet. I did the left one first and got it to fit quite well, but it was pretty rough with re-folds etc. Then I copied that one in mirror image to make the right side and it came out much nicer. I'll have to take a picture of the final product.

Before our first race I took out all the plastic plumbing and boxes etc that were upstream of the air filter on the intake. I used some 3" dryer hose to get air from under the right fender. Before our second race, I took out the right front turn light and blocked up a space in the top of the fender well. I figured that we'd get a little ram-air effect. Yesterday I took out the right front headlight. I'm going to use my newly acquired sheet metal skills to make an intake scoop in place of the headlight. Hopefully we will improve our intake pressure a bit. By the way those headlight brackets are in there good with hard to reach screws. I won't be putting that light back in.

Comment

can you post some pics of your ducting work? I have been thinking of doing the same thing.

I think the brakes need all the help they can get. I have been also been looking for some kind of scoop to put on the lower quarters and drilling through the body with a duct to the rear brakes as well. Haven't found what I am looking for on the web.

Comment

Working...
                                X