X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up this and have zero complaints! Minix Neo u1

Came with a free neo u2 remote too

Back of the remote

And as others mentioned with Kodi the sky is the limit! I'm running Plex server on my NAS and it is the server for Kodi for TV, Movies and other. Then of course there are the Kodi movie addons which the sky is the limit!

Comment

Oh yea!

I ended up picking up an Amazon firestick. Loaded it up with kodi and some addons and it works pretty damn good.

I also use PLEX with some ext HDD to stream local media which works amazing.

Only issue is that the firestick has trouble with the wireless network as far as signal. Should have spent the extra money and got the fire tv as it accepts ethernet cable which I already ran for the ps3.

Oh well.

Comment

I'm seriously digging that remote/keyboard thing!

Comment

NAS + Plex + Minix + Kodi = awesome!

Only beef is that Kodi by default has no support for DVDs (browse DVD folder from Kodi), it will not play. And listed in their FAQ. Yet, I can use Minix to browse the LAN, go to the NAS, right click on a DVD folder and choose play with Kodi, and it works .

But ya, I've loaded Pheonix and tried a bunch of others. Digging it so far! But Kodi is the real hero here.

Comment

Ya so I returned my firestick as I had like 3 days to go before I could no longer return it.

Amazon was having a sale on the FireTV, $85.

So I returned the stick and picked up the Tv version.

Set it up last night. Night and day difference. It is quad core based and runs off of Ethernet.

I installed Kodi but have not configured it yet. I needed to get some sleep. I noticed It did not find my Plex server running through my Imac but that might be because it was not running. I just said F it and went to bed. Ill play with it more this week.

The only other major difference is that the firetv comes with "Alexa". Amazon's cloud based search version of Siri. It works pretty fucking good to be honest. I can say, "Alexa, prime music blues" and it will start streaming free blues music....

Or I can get the current weather, baseball stats, random facts, search for a specific actor or actress, or search for tv shows/movies. No more typing hahahaha.
            Last edited by Ralphie; 04-11-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              Ya so I returned my firestick as I had like 3 days to go before I could no longer return it.

Amazon was having a sale on the FireTV, $85.

So I returned the stick and picked up the Tv version.

Set it up last night. Night and day difference. It is quad core based and runs off of Ethernet.

I installed Kodi but have not configured it yet. I needed to get some sleep. I noticed It did not find my Plex server running through my Imac but that might be because it was not running. I just said F it and went to bed. Ill play with it more this week.

The only other major difference is that the firetv comes with "Alexa". Amazon's cloud based search version of Siri. It works pretty fucking good to be honest. I can say, "Alexa, prime music blues" and it will start streaming free blues music....

Or I can get the current weather, baseball stats, random facts, search for a specific actor or actress, or search for tv shows/movies. No more typing hahahaha.
              Just don't ask for bombs, sex toys or JFK records as that google speech service is translated by a 3rd party company. God only knows who is getting these records. :P

Comment

Yea, that's true.

They already listen to my phone calls so at this point I couldn't care less haha.

Did you check out all the skins for KODI?

I am using the NOVA Glass. Shit is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Yea, that's true.

They already listen to my phone calls so at this point I couldn't care less haha.

Did you check out all the skins for KODI?

I am using the NOVA Glass. Shit is nice.
                  I did , they are pretty nice!

I'll admit even for a tech guy, Kodi is pretty confusing. Besides loading Program Addons which get you Video add-ons (pheonix) I can't help but wonder what other streams/add-ons are out there.

and WHERE do these streams come from? I mean, there has to be a huge server farm somewhere to hold all these streams. I don't understand how so much video can be stored anywhere....

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    I did , they are pretty nice!

I'll admit even for a tech guy, Kodi is pretty confusing. Besides loading Program Addons which get you Video add-ons (pheonix) I can't help but wonder what other streams/add-ons are out there.

and WHERE do these streams come from? I mean, there has to be a huge server farm somewhere to hold all these streams. I don't understand how so much video can be stored anywhere....
                    Nah its not one server farm, think of it as people sharing their personal stuff. At least that is how the DVR stuff works.

Other streams come from private servers.

While other stuff comes from scene groups.

Its a mish mash of stuff.

But yea it is pretty involved. I have to set it all up again as I spent a few hours getting my amazon stick setup and now have to do the same with the amazon tv lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X