No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, but you're asking where to run the additional two wires for the variable intermittent function?

The way I understood your intention was that you were getting pins for the blue column subharness connector (which is really the headlight/signal switch connector, but close enough together that it shouldn't matter) and running the two of them through that. Then on down to the green ICU connector into pins 6 and 7.

Are you asking something else?

EDIT*** Yes, those are the correct pins. Pins 6 and 7. You read the connector from the back with the clip side up. And it won't matter which of the two wires you'll connect to coming from the switch.

And yes, the goal is to use this switch in the CB. I'm currently soliciting some help on the matter from cp[mike], as my diagram reading skills could use some work, but I'm thinking it should be fine. I'm trying to adapt the whole column, combination switch, ignition, steering wheel and airbag from a newer car, though. I have no idea if the Civic switch I'm using would fit the Accord. My guess is no.

Any info on the module you're running for the folding mirrors?
    Last edited by Jarrett; 03-19-2018, 10:54 AM.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks Jarrett. I figured those were the two wires. That complete column swap sounds interesting. Oh and thanks again for the pfm wiring pin out diagram using the EP3 switch. I banged that sucker out correct the first time all soldered nice etc. I also used the factory speaker wires for the two wire run to the passenger side. Worked out awesome. So as of now the mirrors are installed and working nicely. Since I’m going to have to run wires through the doors again for the heated mirrors and the pfm controller I bought on eBay I’m going to run wires for the light in the EP3 switch and my lighted door switches. Might as well do it right so it’s all turned on with the combo switch. One thing I have not checked out is where the light in the EP3 switch is?? Have you opened yours? I want to led that switch also.

Here is the pfm controller I bought on eBay. The two pics show both sides of the instruction page. It’s pretty simple. We’ll see how it works when I get at it this weekend.

5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Today I got the automatic power folding mirror module installed. It works like it should. I wish I had a way to upload a video. It’s really cool to see especially with my passive keyless entry. I get out of the car, walk away, it locks and the mirrors fold. I touch nothing. When I go to the car it unlocks as I get to the door and once I’m in and hit the start button to the ACC on or start the car they automatically open.

Above is the module all wired in. It’s down in a spot that has space for it to clear where the door panel goes back on. The important wires are already soldered. The door lock wires & 12v+ I just T-taped. The ACC on wire is the wht/yel wire going to the window switch plug. I also did a quick two wire plug for the power & ground for the window switch led lights. Until I run the switched wires through to the doors this is how it will be. At least now I don’t have to pull the panel off and hold it while I unscrew the ground and pull the power from a T-tap. Now it just unplugs like everything else. Easy peasy.

I grabbed some climate control boards at pap today also. I need to get them led’ed so when I put my bb6 cluster in (hopefully next weekend) I end up not taking the dash apart twice. I found cpMikes diy on this so now I’ve got good directions on how to do it. Here’s a couple I pulled and tested. Just gotta get the right tip for my soldering iron and it’s on.

~Mark~

Comment

Looks good. & where are you going to put the heated mirror button?
          Also, I already have power folding mirrors, what module are you using for the auto fold ?

Your door button lights look better than my idea of putting LEDS under them.

Comment

As far as the heated mirror wiring goes I will run them to the defroster switch. If the mirrors need heat then I’m sure the back window does also. So they can all just come on together.

The automatic folding module is in post #92. There’s a bunch on eBay for like $10-12 bucks. Idk what the brand is. Kinda your typical generic Chinese piece.

Raf99, question: does one of your pfm’s fold in more than the other? I’m using USDM coupe perches. But my driver side folds in and stops at a little bit of an angle out from the window while the passenger side stops straight and perpendicular to the window.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
              As far as the heated mirror wiring goes I will run them to the defroster switch. If the mirrors need heat then I’m sure the back window does also. So they can all just come on together.

The automatic folding module is in post #92. There’s a bunch on eBay for like $10-12 bucks. Idk what the brand is. Kinda your typical generic Chinese piece.

Raf99, question: does one of your pfm’s fold in more than the other? I’m using USDM coupe perches. But my driver side folds in and stops at a little bit of an angle out from the window while the passenger side stops straight and perpendicular to the window.
              Nope, they are the same. But I did the whole mirror/motors/guts swapped to my Canadian shells and perches. Isn't there bump stops on the perch?

Comment

Nope, they are the same. But I did the whole mirror/motors/guts swapped to my Canadian shells and perches. Isn't there bump stops on the perch?
                Hmm. I’ll have to pull the driver side apart and see. When I got the driver side powered up, on the first fold it binded up and the gears inside popped a few times. Then it worked fine after a few folds. But has never folded straight like the passenger side. I even held the mirror as it opened and let the gears pop back a few times but that did not fix the angle.

~Mark~

Comment

Were you actually wanting some Bose speakers? Because there's a car at the jy I've been going to that has them (I think). Aren't they a little smaller than the standard speakers, but integrated into a black plastic blob thing?
                  My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                  Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                  Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Hmm. I’ll have to pull the driver side apart and see. When I got the driver side powered up, on the first fold it binded up and the gears inside popped a few times. Then it worked fine after a few folds. But has never folded straight like the passenger side. I even held the mirror as it opened and let the gears pop back a few times but that did not fix the angle.
                    Yaa... you got your answer there. & oh, I have to steal your ebay auto power folding mirror idea haha! Can't resist, already made the order. And.......... I may steal your CRV switches idea too, which will look good with LEDs behind the buttons too. So I'm glad you're on this site. love the work !

ps - if you haven't done it already you should install a black rug.

Comment

Some of the members here have been asking me about the Acura CL shifter bezel mod. Here is the one I’ve put together for a member in the UK. I pulled down my SE black console to show off the mod.
                      This is the basic look sans the shifter boot.

This mod is really for manual trans equipped cars. Idk how the bezel would work over the auto shift piece. There’s four tabs on the CL bezel I snip off. Then the bezel can lay over the top of the auto piece I guess. Below is the surround that bolts up under the console and holds the shift boot in. It needs to be cut flush. If you look close you can see the black marker line I made around it as a reference to cut.

Here is the cut shift boot surround. I used my Dremel with a cut off disc.

Here is the surround bolted back to the underside of the console.
                      You would simply slip your shift boot onto the surround like it was before, bolt it back up then glue the CL bezel over the top.

~Mark~

Comment

ps - if you haven't done it already you should install a black rug.
                        Black rug??

Just wait till you get that automatic pfm module all wired up. I’m assuming you have some kind of keyless entry system for it to work with. It’s pretty freakin awesome to see them fold once the car locks. Also, there is wiring to that goes to the lock and unlock wires. I left the unlock wire unplugged because if it is hooked up the pfm’s will open on unlock. I wanted them to open when I got in and started the car.

Oh and the CR-V lighted switches are Lucifer1’s idea so we are both stealing it from him lol.
                        I do have 4 sets if you can’t find any. Plus you need 3 more for the other doors. 7 total for a sedan. 2 more if you do the door locks too.

~Mark~

Comment

Were you actually wanting some Bose speakers? Because there's a car at the jy I've been going to that has them (I think). Aren't they a little smaller than the standard speakers, but integrated into a black plastic blob thing?
                          I’m all good on the speakers bud, thanks. I just added the Bose tags for that added touch of nicety they give.

~Mark~

Comment

Here is the variable intermittent wiper mod I built for a UK member today. It’s pretty much plug and play now. I have 2 more A11 controllers and the wiper switches to build them with. Hit me up if anybody is interested in a great mod. Especially if it rains often where you live lol. A11 controllers are definitely hard to come by as they only seem to be in 95 v6 Accords. Maybe 94 also. I’m not totally sure. I just look for the CD Accord with a v6 under the hood and the rib on the bumper then I know to go in and grab it. Idk if it’s just the timing either but I’m not seeing a ton of CD Accords in general at most of the paps I’m hitting like I used to. Get this mod while it’s hot I guess.

~Mark~

Comment

Here’s another project that I’m putting together for any taker preferably with a black car.

The very first TL heated lenses I ever pulled were these. I didn’t realize that they were actually the old style bases until a couple weeks ago. So they will fit right into the factory CB Accord mirror adjustment mechs. I’m putting them in my old TL “mc rib” housings with the CB mech.

Here they are attached to the CB mech in the TL housing. The perches are CB coupe. I’ll run and pin the wires correctly then depending on 4 door or 2 door the perches can be included or left off. It also comes with the switch.

~Mark~

Comment

Black rug??

Just wait till you get that automatic pfm module all wired up. I’m assuming you have some kind of keyless entry system for it to work with. It’s pretty freakin awesome to see them fold once the car locks. Also, there is wiring to that goes to the lock and unlock wires. I left the unlock wire unplugged because if it is hooked up the pfm’s will open on unlock. I wanted them to open when I got in and started the car.

Oh and the CR-V lighted switches are Lucifer1’s idea so we are both stealing it from him lol.
                                I do have 4 sets if you can’t find any. Plus you need 3 more for the other doors. 7 total for a sedan. 2 more if you do the door locks too.
                                Right now the has a compustar POS system where only the unlock and lock remote buttons work, but I had planned on getting a better system this summer. But I think connecting the mirrors up so they fold when the doors are locked is cool.

Hey, can i buy the delayed wiper selector and CRV switches from you (how ever many you want to sell)? PM me.. ? I'll pay shipping of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X