Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 Vs. F20b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While they are indeed close, the H22's powerband is lower, in a much more usable area. The F20B has to be revved to make use of it's power. Revving also puts more stress on an engine.

Comment

Thats a yes and no statement.

Yes on stock parts depending on how you mod, but if modded and tuned can be made to have a similar power band or well balanced power band even then wont cosr as much depending on how you attempt to make it
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

True... but I'm comparing stock for stock. If we factor in modding and tuning, you could throw just about any engine into the mix. You could make roughly H22/F20B power from a modified F22A for about the same cost (if you know what you're doing)

Comment

H22 man

F20B is awesome, esp w/T2W4 trans

But the CB is too heavy. H22 has more torque. Midrange is prob better on the H, esp w/a lowered VTEC crossover + tune.

Cheaper too if you consider the OBD2 to 1 conversion

Just my opinion

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The difference in torque is actually pretty insignificant. Not to mention, the F20B is found in a heavier car than the CB7 (as is the H22)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              True... but I'm comparing stock for stock. If we factor in modding and tuning, you could throw just about any engine into the mix. You could make roughly H22/F20B power from a modified F22A for about the same cost (if you know what you're doing)
              Ok if stock for stock then it would be just about dead even

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              H22 man

F20B is awesome, esp w/T2W4 trans

But the CB is too heavy. H22 has more torque. Midrange is prob better on the H, esp w/a lowered VTEC crossover + tune.

Cheaper too if you consider the OBD2 to 1 conversion

Just my opinion

I dont get the whole 0bd1-0bd2 thing, its easy as hell and no money wasted. I ran a obd2 just fine with no money wasted.
              NEW CB

new

Comment

The conversion is just an extra step. For the nervous swap virgin, avoiding that conversion is a plus.

Comment

Lol got it,
                  NEW CB

new

Comment

Kinda late. But with my opinion on these two motors, it's more on preference. Either a high revving motor or a engine with a little more torque? I went with high revving and dyno tuned. I loved it. Really fun to drive. And I also ran against a bb6 with a type s motor. I killed it in action. He had me about half a car till top of second and at top of third, I was already about two cars in front of him. So as I had said before, it is more preference. Also, the t body of the sir-t is bigger than the h22. All in all, have fun with your cb7! Good luck.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

I came searching after stumbling across an F20B on ebay. What drew me in was that the entire swap was almost a grand LESS than a H22 swap from (i believe) the same seller. And these were complete low mile engine swaps- tranny, ECU, axles, everything pretty much. So this alone is a nice factor, especially if someone is not looking to build further and simply wants more daily driver reliable power. Seems like the H is the way to lean towards but its hard when you factor the cost savings of an F20.

Oh and the F20B I read about was with manual tranny so it should be the 200hp version.

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

H22A is like $1600

F20B is like $1600... w/LSD...

Cheaper but not a grand

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          H22A is like $1600

F20B is like $1600... w/LSD...

Cheaper but not a grand
                          Seeing that now though the majority of H swaps are well over 2K, there are some for around $1600 and the same goes for the F20B. I didnt do a lot of digging I guess and I stand corrected

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Yup tough part with an F20B is making sure you are getting the 200hp version.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Is there a weight difference between the two drivetrains?
                              My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

Comment

A slight diff but not to noticeable
                                NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
                                X