Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: Bumper Light conversion (always ON)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did the relay so it wouldnt stress my system and so it can be brighter.

but since i blew em out i just taped the corner light

and any car almost any car either uses 1157 or some other light for the brake light..

i just grabbed anything off of any type of honda...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
      I really don't why you guys are doing the relay way. The Civic socket way is sooo much easier. Sure the light output is kinda dim on the low filament but all you guys seem to be running amber anyways, so it doesn't really matter because they don't aid in anthing but appearence, but once again I'll explain since this got bumped.

What's needed:

2 Civic Corner sockets or 86-89 Accord 1157 Brake sockets.
      Some Wire

So on the stock socket, there are 2 wires, green and black. Black is negative, green is signal (+12v)

On the Civic/other Accord socket...there are 3 wires, green, red and black. Black is negative, green is signal (+12v) and red is positive.

Okay, here's how to do it. Black goes to black, green to green. You run the red wire up to the always on wire of your corner light (i forget which is which, but somethign is saying red) and that powers your low beam filament.

Tada, you're done, really easy, I've had mine done for 2 years, no melting of bumper light or anything. Looks good too now that I have a nice hyperwhite in there.
      alright, the electrical stuff is not really my thing, but I want to do this so i just want to clarify some thigns. I have a day set aside coming up to do a few things, just for looks on the front end of my car. i'm going to install all amber corners, blackhouse my headlights, do the 9005 conversion, get yellow 9005 bulbs for my high beams, and do this, since it looks hot at night.

Now you said that you need to get ahold of the 1157 Brake sockets. I can just go to the junk yard and cut off the wiring harness from another cb7 for the breaks? I'm imagining that you need to cut off the factory socket, and just hook up the corosponding wires, like you said black to black, green to green, and then i'd need to extend the red all the way up to the red wire coming out of the corners, right? i'm assuming that the 1157 Brake sockets hook up without modification to the factory bumper light housings. and then you just need to turn it on and it'll work fine.. when you've got your parking lights or the headlights on, the corners will light, along with the bumper lights, and then the bumper lights get bighter when you put on the turnsignals. Just want to make sure i'm thinking right...

oh and also, i want to get all amber bumber lights for my 90.. anyone know where i can get ahold of them? or should i just get some sorty of amber spray paint and spray the lenses of the factory bumpers lights..?

thanks for the help.
      --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

hey ive got fog lights on my car already and i was just wondering if there is a way i can just tap into the fog light wires to run my bumper lights?

Comment

You can, as far as getting that third power wire, if you do it with sockets, but it just is a whole lot easier cleaner if you go through the corners IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X