EXT: S2k Antenna Install W/ Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: S2k Antenna Install W/ Pictures

Ok this is my first attempt at the whole DIY thing but it should be ok. I know there already is a DIY on this and its written well but no pics so i snapped some pics and figured i would throw another one up so it can clear some issues up and all. Anyways here goes and if there is any problems or whatnot just email or pm me!

Parts: I sourced them from one spot basically... Majestic Honda. www.hondaautomotiveparts.com 97.67 for the assembly..#3 i believe and it comes with everything you will need. The Antenna itself, the rubber grommet, the plastic mount, and the actual assembly.

This is what it will look like from Majestic Honda:

Tools: 1.Bench Grinder
    2.8mm extension and wrench

This is all i really used for tools. There is a special tool made to remove the nut that holds the antenna's in place as far as outside the vehicle but i dont have one of these so with time and some patience you should be able to get your stock one off. Mine was old and corroded from salt so i had to break my oem antenna to get it out but didnt care cuz i had this baby to replace it with and the oem ones arent to expensive. So lets begin....

1.Obviously the first thing yove got to do is remove that old antenna. Before you can do that you have to pull down the trunk lining and trim. Remove the plastic trim for the tail lights and then you can pull down the lining for the trunk and rig it so its out of your way unless you want to completely remove it which i didn't. Dont have pics for this but if you have a Haynes manual it shows you proper uninstall steps for this. Just unplug all the wiring associated with it and remove the silver nut on the outside and pull it out from inside the trunk. OK once this is done you can discard or save that nasty old antenna.

2. Next take apart the new sexy S2k antenna. Just the nut and plastic thingy...looks like this(NOTE: this picture is of the OEM peice for our accords..i couldnt get the S2k one back out to photograph and i figured its identical except for size and angle so you guys will figure it out :P )

Now that you have this peice apart you need to take JUST the black plastic peice and grind it down so that it can sit flush with the antenna hole...here is what the end result should look like and this wasnt sanded to be all pretty so:

Now remember that peice is for the stock antenna...the actual one is just a little bit bigger and has a sharper angle which is why this is nessecary. And i used the bench grinder for this but however you do it is coo as long as that is the end result.

3. Now that that is done, you should take the actuall silver assembly(the bottom half) and mount it up in the trunk like this:

Make sure its nice and snug and also that when you insert that black plastic peice, that its flush and the top peice where the antenna screws into is flush with the top of the peice you just sanded down. Should sit like this:

Dont mind the white around the base...its left over residue from a wax job that got under the grommet.

And this is with it all bolted down and such..i wish i could have taken it all apart but that thing is in there good so this is the best i could do.
    When you have it set up take the black nut with the 4 grooves and screw it on which will hold it all in place for the most part. Once this is done you are basically done. I chose to add a longer bolt through the bottom of the assem and bolt it to the frame for added support. It lined up where the hole is for the wiring that snapped to the frame for the stock setup...this is how it looks now:

After that just install the antenna and dont forget to plug the RCA style plug back into the new antenna so you get reception. I opted not to wire up power since its a power antenna and my reception has been better then my stock antenna and hasnt gone out yet. This is what it shall look like complete:

Well i cant think of anything i missed. Except for having the rubber antenna part stolen once already, this was a cool mod. Reception is better almost 3 weeks into it so far and its cleaner and no more clak clak clak when i shut the car or radio off. If i missed something or you have questions or concerns either post them or pm me but im looking forward to feedback for sure just dont be a dick about it. Thanks and hope this help someone! I promise more pics for my next DIY!!!

nice

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

nm dumb question that was already answered but i didnt read nice write up

the build and demise
      buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Sweet too bad i shaved my antenna lol

Comment

true...thanks dudes...yea if my shit gets stolen again i might go back to stock or shave it when the time comes!

Comment

LOL people steal antennas?

Crazy man

Comment

Yea i know of crackheads that steal the stock silver ones...i forget what they do with them but they steal them. Someone stole mine to use on their car...whats worse is it happend on an Army Installation and was stolen by a fuckin soldier..i mean i know people will be people no matter what they do for a living but cmon now....just no respect...let me catch em doing it tho...wow will i have a fun day!

Comment

bump for newbies

Comment

humm
                  now thing is
                  i only have the mast
                  how would i go about installing that lol
                  cccheaaaa
                  Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                  240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

dont know about that one buddy.

Comment

good diy
                      any pics from a far of the antenna on the car

WTB: edm rear fog, 88-91 ef 4dr

Comment

Update pic

Yea here ya go, best ive got off hand..i know ya really cant see it. There is a pic in my members ride section too. Hope this is ok.

Comment

great DIY im just like u a visual learner and well written

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                          1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread
                          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

hey thanks man! Ya thats why i am a fan of the DIY! I dont always need the info as much as i need the pictures...sometimes just gotta see what the hell is going on!

Comment

body worked mine out

Comment

Working...
                              X