Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: Re-wiring Hood latch Cable (inside car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maple50175
    or you have a backup battery... which I wanna seea DIY on.
    most come with directions. i have the dei back up battery. basically it just goes inline with the 12v wire leading to your alarm. snip your alarms power wire and connect it from 12v to the red wire on the backup battery then run gray to your alarms 12v input. ground the black wire on the backup battery. and finnally there is an instant trigger output which is blue and if you have a dei alarm it goes to the blue instant trigger/trunk trigger input.
    FA1

Comment

^^ thanks

Comment

Its good to see you made something productive out of what happened to your car. Even better that you shared it with everyone so they can avoid the same happening to them. Nice job maple.

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

so where did u put the hood release thing now?

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

same spot...

This is just for the wire...

Comment

I'll be doing this very soon!

Thanks for the writeup, Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                then the alarm goes off

its easy to break a window and not have the alarm go off

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa
                  I'll be doing this very soon!

Thanks for the writeup, Wayne!
                  so you are the one that bought his car! Yeah, good DYI wayne, I need to this soon !
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I got a big problem now, I did this and its harder to close my hood now. What can I do to fix it since it was so easy before?
                    My CB For Sale

Comment

broo... put it back man.. just get a dam hood lock.. maybe a carbon fiber hood lock if u got a carbon fiber hood. u need 2 keys to unlock ur hood. so even if they break ur window and pull the lever. they cant open the hood unless they unlock those two pins. so i wouldnt worry bout the wires. but if u dun want to do that. then slide the hood wires thru a thick copper wires. aint no pulling that. i learn this cuz back den i was jackin a nice raw ass car with bodykit and all that but no grills. i check his alarm. it was red light. thought he might got a old version alarm and it dont have a hood pin. so i check the hood wire. he had copper thru it. very creative. but i wanted what he had. i dig my skinny hands thru behind the headlight followin the wires and the copper end and was the cable. my hand were skinny enuff so i pull it from that end and had the hood pop and cut the siren. make sure u copper throughtly. a hood pin lock woulda stop me and i woulda been gave up and walk away.
                      DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

oh and another thing.take sure ur headlight is screw in good. some people use to just simply put 2 screw to the top and ingore the sides. i could easily pop the headlight out with a lil muscle i might trigger a warnin but that wont stop me. and if u can get a one piece headlight that's GREAT.. cuz the hood wire runs sorta behind the corner lights. the corner lights pop out very easy with a flat head. i could grab the hood wire cut it and pull the metal inside it to open the hood. that's wut i do to civic since they got no grills. but like i said. hood lock. buy em. they very effective. and a quick release steering wheel so in case they dun give a fuk bout ur alarm going off they'll do the work quickly to grab thru under ur dash to pull ur alarm out they cant pop ur steering wheel if there aint no steering wheel on it so ur car gonna drive only straight. and suppose they do bring their own steering wheel since they had plan out to steal ur car. go to homedepot. buy a thick metal plate. bendable thought.. and get a bunch of metal screws .. . make a plate fix under ur dash perfectly.covering everything under the dash wires and everything. includin the fuse.an screw it in. when everything is perfect. unscrew it out. and screw in a bunch of metal screw thru it so fucker can get their hand cut . and screw it back in and strip it so it cant come out .. and ur ready.. make some kill switch.. they got flat switches so u can hide them easily anywhere. even under the carpet flat and wont noticed. just find a way so it can help u find the switch so when u press down on the switch it'll activated wuteva u use it to kill.. best thing to make a kill switch is ur gas pump. nowadays nobody now this trick. they just buy a clifford alarm and they think nooooo theif can steal their car.. please.. i sell clifford parts on ebay cuz i got it from them. it's very important to buy accessory. such as motion sensor, tilt sensor, shock sensor, and audio sensor.. (audio for any1 tryin to crack ur window) tilt sensor (lift ur car up to remove rims), motion sensor (a MUST BUY!! since theif love honda cuz their easy to sell their parts. people use a flat head to pry the window out of place to slide their arm in and unlock ur door less than 10 second. that's my record) a motion sensor will trigger the alarm.. and if u got lil more dough. buy a mega blast horn and install it in ur engine bay. so ur alarm can go off VERY loudly scare the crap outta them even at the mall will grab people's attention.
                        DEFJAM

Comment

dont forget the hoodpin switch on a alarm... as soon as the hood opens it goes off. and its because of people like you def that we have to make these mods. QUIT JACKING SHIT and get a real job. have you no shame?

Member Ride Facebook
                          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                          For Sale Thread

Comment

added to wiki

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

lmao i already quit *****!!! u wouldnt say that if i was giving u parts for free!
                              DEFJAM

Comment

lmao this thread is old but if you thought up all these ideas wouldn't you think someone else has too?
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X