Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Responsive steering to left but much less than to right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
    I still wonder if you feel a difference in left to right when the car is at a standstill. How about off without power steering assist.?
    At a stand still i don't feel any difference in turning the wheel to right or left with or without power assist. Only driving and i think it is my lower ball joints causing this sensation. Also small potholes seem to more easily shift my steering wheel while driving. Wouldn't this also be lbj related. LBJ's are bad. Am sure of it. Boot is cracked and who knows how long its been like that. 5 yrs at least probably. This is kind of cool understanding more how a car works. I wonder why my mechanic could not tell me this. Rog man, if the steering is this then its your uca or lbj, whatever u know. Makes sense lbj's have to do with a certain amount of steering grip maybe and sensitivity to wheel. I think the passenger side is just worst than Drivers.Or vice versa, who knows. I'll know by next weekend. This weekend is my egr port job.

Comment

Your mechanic could not say because there is not much evidence behind a bad ball joint effecting steering feel. Theoretically if it's lose enough on turn in it could effect camber making int feel like it's turning easier one way I guess. Nobody has studies on it cause ball joints are cheep and take maybe 25 mins to an hour tops to change.
      Fact is if your steering is this or that there are a couple easy answers but if it's not those it could be a lot of things......a whole lot.
      Last edited by cb7 calling; 05-12-2017, 09:51 PM.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Replaced the front lbj's and all is good with feel of the wheel. Nice, tight and responsive. Now i have to do front rotors and pads. Just realized driving down a mountain that my rotors are warped. I know i should of had them replaced with lbj's but that is life.

Comment

Working...
        X