Well grinder disk exploded....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well grinder disk exploded....

Well working on my 4dr and I as I was cutting threw some metal and my brand new disk just exploded! I managed to move away fast enough so it didn't cause to much damnage. 12 stitches laster(6 inside and 6 on top).. so far got some muscle damage range of movement is slowed and it hurts like a son of a Bitch.

my new turbo build

gnarly. did the grinder not have one of those shields around it, or what?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      gnarly. did the grinder not have one of those shields around it, or what?

It did just shrapnel got me

my new turbo build

Comment

Ouch!

Brand of disc? Sure it doesn't matter all that much but if I can avoid buying a certain brand...
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Note to self: invest in long work gloves.

God I hate gory stuff, thanks for the photos.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I dislike seeing anyone hurt. Especially on here. I hope there isn't any permanent damage.

Comment

I guess I'll stop using mine without the shield, and get some gloves. You'd think I'd learned my lesson; coming up on four years since my eye injury.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Not the first time i hear about this or table saw/circular saw blades becoming catatonic. Good luck to you on healing bud, sucks that it happened.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Man, you are not having a good year! Glad you're ok!

Comment

Reading the title I knew what was inside. Glad it didn’t cause any major damage. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
                    Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-13-2017, 12:45 AM.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Whew. That could've went south really fast. Hope you get back to 100% soon man!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Phew.... You are very lucky with that cut location. Sure glad it wasn't worse. Hoping for a quick and full recovery.

As a Pipefitter I have seen similar injuries end up much worse off. The company I work for does not allow us to cut using grinders with 3/32" or Zip discs any longer due to a few accidents like this one.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

i thought of your eye injury the other day, how is it ?

Comment

Juicy. Glad you’re okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              i thought of your eye injury the other day, how is it ?
                              Vision has been stable since it all healed up. Still some distortion in the central vision and sensitive to bright light, but it is sure better than being blind!
                              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X