Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine stopped on me a few times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine stopped on me a few times

I need help, I was driving and all of a sudden the engine light came on and my engine stopped, so all the instrumental's lights came on. A minute after I started it up? It started up, and it stopped on me again like a min or two later. This engine stopping thing would happen just out of no where. Also when I was doing my oil change, I smell gasoline mixed in with my oil. Please help me!!

Could be an issue with the fuel injectors, done any maintenance on them since you've had the car?
    Have you noticed the car running rich?

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Originally posted by FizzupTK View Post
      Also when I was doing my oil change, I smell gasoline mixed in with my oil. Please help me!!
      The only way I can think of where you would get gasoline mixed in with the oil is if you have both misfire (so the gasoline in the cylinder doesn't burn) and bad rings (so the gasoline blows by the rings into the crankcase).

Of course, if the rings are bad enough, it will cause misfire. You might want to do a compression check.

Comment

That would suck if my rings are worn out. And I haven't done as much maintenance yet, I was getting to it because I'm still in school and I got a job last month and I was saving up to maintain the car but this problem occurs. Do u think it maybe because the head gasket is worn?

Comment

Blown head gaskets usually send the gasoline into another cylinder or into the coolant. I suppose it is possible that it is sending gasoline into an oil coolant passage, but unlikely.

And, again, if it is a blown head gasket, a compression check will quickly identify it.

Comment

Noticed its my Distributor that needed to be changed , sucks how Honda sells the distributor for a crazy price, had to get an aftermarket on it.

Comment

Usually it's not the whole distributor that needs to be changed. It could be the igniter in the dizzy. The exact thing happened to me.

Comment

Pep boys has it for around $60.00

Comment

There is also a DIY on how to rebuild a dizzy, got a JY near you? Get a used dizzy to gut for parts and a dizzy oring kit and go to town.

Comment

Question

Did you clean your motor? If yes, disconnect your dizzy an wires connection an blow it out, dizzy wires always have to be dried.

What gasoline do you use? As for me... Shells in town & Chevron out of town (long drive) both cleans fuel system but one cleans better when driving distances.

When was the last time you cleaned your egr? If never, remember that our cb7s are almost our age. Lol

Do you know how to pull the codes from your cb7? If no, search it an you'll find a post.

Comment

Working...
                    X