Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The C8 Corvette

So what y'all think?

I think it will dominate everything, performance wise. Once the aftermarket gets to it, the supercars are going to have some issues....

YouTube Clicky!!

I'll probably still never want to actually buy one, but I like it. Especially considering the base price, it's pretty incredible. Hasn't Chevy been wanting to make the Corvette mid-engined since the C1? Supercars already have issues with modified 'Vettes, though, haha.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I think it's totally badass. While the front doesn't look too "Corvette," I like how they worked the Corvette "look" into the rear glass and C pillars.

Now if only I could afford one! Makes my C5 feel lame, lol!
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Eh, it's been a while since the Corvette was a serious threat to any of the modern supercars. By that I mean four or five years. But that's an eternity in that upper echelon of cars. The Huracan and GT-R have REALLY changed what attainable performance can be while maintaining daily driveability. Most of that is due to something a lot of us have ignorantly shunned for years, which is the advancement of automatic and automatically-shifted manual transmissions. The ability to remove the entire rear section of the Huracan has also lent to the popularity of some serious twin turbo upgrades. With Hefner and Sheepey running 1000+hp with Motec management that drives to the grocery store, cammed Corvettes have taken a back seat.

That said, the value of these new Corvettes coupled with the ability to get wild with the twin turbo routing should make these things SUPER popular. There was a big GT-R craze for a while after those came out that got people from all different walks of the performance car spectrum interested. I think this will be largely the same.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          Eh, it's been a while since the Corvette was a serious threat to any of the modern supercars. By that I mean four or five years.
          C7 Z06? You've got boost to mess with there, it's more than a simple cam job in the aftermarket. Power's nuts, and they're far from Corvettes-of-old around corners.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            So what y'all think?

I think it will dominate everything, performance wise. Once the aftermarket gets to it, the supercars are going to have some issues....
            Apparently, the powertrains are getting pretty locked down on them. I guess the C7 Z06 needs something like $3K just to get into the ECU and really make a go of it.

I fear that such changes (largely as a result of politicians) will continue to get worse.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Meh. They were saying that about the R35, too. "Untunable." It's just a computer, it can be hacked.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yeah, there are some *really* smart guys out there. Hacking the car's system isn't unrealistic.

Hell, the C6 Z06 is still a monster in the amateur leagues. Now if the base model C8 can match its performance, for its projected 60k MSRP...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray

-Starting MSRP below $60,000 USD!

-6.2L LT2 Engine

-495hp/470ft-lbs

-8 Speed DCT Transmission

-Very aggressive 1st gear for maximum acceleration. 7 and 8 are Overdrive.

-0-60 time of under 3.0s.

-Standard Dry Sump lube system

-Z51 Package includes Front/Rear splitter, open air rear spoiler, additional cooling, shorter gear ratio, ELSD, bigger brake rotors and calipers, PTM modes.

-Interior space is larger than C7.

-12” Digital LED Gauges

-3 Seat Options, GT1 GT2, Competition Sport

-12 Exterior Colours

-Lots of interior colour and stitching options.

-Available in LHD and RHD markets.

-Steering is 50% stiffer than C7

-Center if Gravity is right at drivers seat so vehicle rotates around you.

-Most comfortable and stable Corvette ever made.

-Stiffest Corvette ever made.

-Both front and rear luggage components.

-Rear Luggage compartment holds Targa Room Or 2 Golf bags.

-Driver Modes: Weather, Tour, Sport, Track and Z Mode

-Z Mode is a fully customizable performance set up that you set up.

-PDR Gen 2

-14 Speaker Bose Speaker System

-Front Lift System to raise up to 2”. GPS enables to memorize lift locations.

-Rear camera mounted on roof of car.

-Reserve Now Program online for the 2020 Corvette to configure and reserve car.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I love it. While I’ll miss the traditional corvette, the Camaro has kinda encroached on the FR performance territory. This was a smart move, and I like the result. The low price is fantastic. The base C8 will be far more car than 99% of its buyers will ever need. Top models will likely break into supercar territory (and price...)

One concern I have is the cost to maintain and repair the C8. Is it going to come with supercar shop bills to go with its supercar looks?

Comment

Probably more expensive than past Corvettes. It has a dry sump system so oil changes might be a little more involved. I am kind of worried about the transmission reliability.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The engine location likely complicates things a bit as well.

Comment

There is no manual transmission option, for the first time in decades, and that makes me sad.

Also, the current Camaro will be phased out soon (2023), with no new model next in line.
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly? Like they took the front from a lambo and the rear from a miata and installed spoilers and honda grills?
                            Last edited by Raf99; 07-23-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                              There is no manual transmission option, for the first time in decades, and that makes me sad.

Also, the current Camaro will be phased out soon (2023), with no new model next in line.
                              Yeah, no manual is sad. It shows how they’re aiming for the exotics that use the “better” automatics.
                              I’d be happy with a 12 second manual (1/4 mile) even if I knew the auto version ran 11.7.

I forgot about the Camaro nearing the end of its life. It’ll be weird if Chevy goes without a proper FR sports car!

Although, maybe that leaves room for the revival of an old name... done properly. Chevelle, maybe? Or perhaps Buick will get a long-overdue FR beast.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly? Like they took the front from a lambo and the rear from a miata and installed spoilers and honda grills?
                              I’ve heard so many mashups from people!
                              I see corvette front and rear. Middle is Ferrari-esque, but that’s because the iconic Ferrari look is based on a MR design.
                              I like it, but I’m going to wait until I see one in person to really have an opinion. I think it’s pretty cool, though. The only other such car we have from a mainstream American automaker costs nearly 10x as much!

I do feel that this is a better evolution of the Corvette than the GTR is of the R32-R34 GTR.

Pointless side note: As I was typing this, I watched Ned Flanders crash a C2.

Comment

Working...
                              X