Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
    That costume is so cool! What did the end result look like?
    Thanks man!

End result is in the following post.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Alright so my little boy didn't wear the helmet I bought to go with this costume. It just wasn't going to work for him being 3.5 years old. So he just went with his Optimus Prime hoodie and wore the hood over his head. Also he wore some blue gloves for the hands. Half way through the night we gave up on the boots, next year I think they will be perfect. The Tonka wheels made the boots somewhat heavy.

Generation 1 Optimus Prime Costume Final

Granted I'm going to be doing some revisions to it over the next year. So it will look even better next year.

Comment

That is pretty bad ass costume! Good job on that one!

Comment

Alright guys, so an update actually related to my car and not Halloween. I've taken some pictures but haven't had the time to do anything with them. I'll follow up in the next day or two with some pictures of what I've informed you of.

On my birthday 10/27 a buddy and myself took a road trip to Spokane, WA to Pull and Save to gather some things that we both needed.

I managed to pull the carpet from a '99 Acura CL with the darkest interior. The carpet is dark grey, one of our other members has done this swap and it looks beautiful. After seeing it done I knew I had to attempt this swap, as I was going to eventually pull my tan carpet and attempt to dye it black, I really wasn't fond of this idea. Finding a dark carpet that is of a higher quality is very pleasing, and solves having to dye a carpet. I've cleaned up the carpet at this point. I'm just trying to find the space/time to pull the two front seats out of the car. The backseat isn't a big deal as I can throw it on top of something else. The front seats are a bitch though. I have some before and after pictures of the carpet to show you how filthy the previous owner was.

The other thing I finally got around to is installing the '03 CL Type S passenger seat. I still need to wrap up one last bracket, to be fully installed. Otherwise though the seat is working perfectly. I took a buddy for a ride last Sunday, and he commented on how damn awesome the seat was. He didn't notice any movement in it at all even though only 3 corners are bolted down. I still need to wire the seat in as well as the driver's seat. I figured that is a project for when I swap out the carpet, as all the lower interior will be out of the car at that point.

I'm still trying to track down a '92-'93 EX coupe with a grey interior to take all the upper trim and headliner from, as I want to work on eliminating the tan from the car.
          Last edited by Rilas; 11-14-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Rilas, do you intend to dye or paint the rest of the interior black? The gray top from a gray interior EX should work fine being that it’s all above of the black. It’s good that most pieces on the bottom half are already black. Let the dark gray of the seats and carpet be the secondary accent color. One thing I am going to work on for my car and I would definitely recommend for your car (to tie in the dark gray) is to replace the door carpet with the CL dark gray carpet also. I’m thinking of cutting that door carpet pattern out of the passenger side of another CL I find. It’s the straightest and biggest workable piece in the carpet that I see. The CL dark gray seatbelts should work fine also since they can be considered a part of the seats anyways. You got the makings of a really unique and classy interior.
            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
              Rilas, do you intend to dye or paint the rest of the interior black? The gray top from a gray interior EX should work fine being that it’s all above of the black. It’s good that most pieces on the bottom half are already black. Let the dark gray of the seats and carpet be the secondary accent color. One thing I am going to work on for my car and I would definitely recommend for your car (to tie in the dark gray) is to replace the door carpet with the CL dark gray carpet also. I’m thinking of cutting that door carpet pattern out of the passenger side of another CL I find. It’s the straightest and biggest workable piece in the carpet that I see. The CL dark gray seatbelts should work fine also since they can be considered a part of the seats anyways. You got the makings of a really unique and classy interior.
              Thanks man!

Alright so I don't intend to paint a single piece of my interior. I want all OEM plastics and other pieces. The only part that I'm willing to color is the leather inserts on the door panels and the back panels. All of the lower tan interior I want to swap to grey interior. So the door parts, center console, front seat belts, rear panel plastics. While I would like to have a full black lower interior some of it isn't possible. The door handle/arm rests, while there are JDM black ones, they won't work on our cars due to LHD vs RHD with the controls ending up being on passenger door. Also I'm not sure if a black center console arm rest (like my current tan one) was ever offered in a JDM trim of any kind. So for these oddball items I want the factory grey interior pieces. So I'll have a 2 tone lower interior and a 1 tone upper interior, none of which will be tan any longer.

I was already having the same thoughts about the carpet for the lower door pocket. I was thinking this last night while I was test fitting the carpet in the car.

My only real challenge to this is actually find an EX coupe with the grey interior. I've been looking for about 2 years now, and haven't run across one yet. It doesn't help that I didn't go to Salt Lake City or Los Angeles this year. Usually I find some of my rarest goodies on those trips.

Comment

Alright guys here are the promised pictures.

1998 Acura CL Carpet 1

1998 Acura CL Carpet 2

1998 Acura CL Carpet 3

1998 Acura CL Carpet 4

1998 Acura CL Carpet 5 (I still have a little bit of cleaning to wrap up on the passenger side of the carpet. Otherwise though it has cleaned up very nicely.)

1998 Acura CL Carpet 6

1998 Acura CL Carpet 7 (Plastic side clips that clip the carpet to the body. The stock Acura CL ones need to be removed.)

1993 Accord SE Stock Carpet Plastic Side Clips

2003 Acura CL Type S Passenger Seat 1

2003 Acura CL Type S Passenger Seat 2

2003 Acura CL Type S Passenger Seat 3 (This is the bracket I still need to grind off and weld about 2-3" forward of where it currently is on the seat rail.)

I'm going to work on trimming some of the carpet down tonight. Also along with this project is:

- Swapping in the '98 Acura CL front seat belts
                - Adding a bracket that was removed that holds in the rear side panels after modifying it
                - Adding the last rivnut to fully bolt down the rear seat
                - Wiring in power and relays for the seats
                - Weld the last bracket on passenger seat

I'm sure I'm forgetting something that also is going along with this, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Comment

Wow so the CL carpets are a direct swap in? Nice work Will

Speaking of SEs, I actually came across a 4 door SE dashboard with the passenger airbag still intact.

I want to flip it for some cash but shipping would be a complete p.i.t.a , fiitting it to my wagon would be a nice touch but it would drive me nuts knowing that the passenger air bag is just a non functional unit.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Oh before you get the seats in. Wire in your power and heat if it has the option.
                    Ground the black wire at one of the treaded holes in the floor just under where the front of the seat mounts. There should be two other wires for the seat adjustments. Combine them and what I did was run that power to one of those Brown single wire plugs that you can find and cut from other Honda’s then plug that into the last accessory port to the right on the kick panel fuse block. That port is a constant power port. So you can adjust the seats while the car is not running or the key in the on position etc.
                    Also the CL seatbelts will need the 10mm mounting bolt hole opened up further down. You’ll see when you go to bolt them in. That’s the only mod to em though.
                    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

The fitment on that looks really good! I've always dyed my carpet, but this last go-around that I did back in 2014 is starting to fade a bit. When I parted my 2003 CL-S a few months ago, I snagged the carpet from it to try out. I'll post a comparison picture if I can find it.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                        Wow so the CL carpets are a direct swap in? Nice work Will

Speaking of SEs, I actually came across a 4 door SE dashboard with the passenger airbag still intact.

I want to flip it for some cash but shipping would be a complete p.i.t.a , fiitting it to my wagon would be a nice touch but it would drive me nuts knowing that the passenger air bag is just a non functional unit.
                        Yea shipping the entire dashboard would be a PITA. Though the air bag is worth some money as Honda doesn't sell them anymore and they are fairly hard to find in good condition.

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                        Oh before you get the seats in. Wire in your power and heat if it has the option.
                        Ground the black wire at one of the treaded holes in the floor just under where the front of the seat mounts. There should be two other wires for the seat adjustments. Combine them and what I did was run that power to one of those Brown single wire plugs that you can find and cut from other Honda’s then plug that into the last accessory port to the right on the kick panel fuse block. That port is a constant power port. So you can adjust the seats while the car is not running or the key in the on position etc.
                        Also the CL seatbelts will need the 10mm mounting bolt hole opened up further down. You’ll see when you go to bolt them in. That’s the only mod to em though.
                        I wired in at least the drivers seat. I was in a rush to get the car out of the garage so I didn't wire in the passenger seat yet. I still need to work on wiring in the seat heaters.

For the CL seat belts I just drilled a hole that lined up with where the bolt hold already was in our car. I could have enlarged out the existing hole, but drilling just turned out a bit cleaner.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        The fitment on that looks really good! I've always dyed my carpet, but this last go-around that I did back in 2014 is starting to fade a bit. When I parted my 2003 CL-S a few months ago, I snagged the carpet from it to try out. I'll post a comparison picture if I can find it.
                        Interesting. I'm assuming it didn't quite fit nearly as well as the '97-'99 CL carpet does. It's seats mount differently and in different locations as well. I only had to do some trimming in a few spots to get it to fully fit into the car. The only one issue I'm still having is the accelerator pedal hits the carpet when trying to go WOT. I'm thinking about just cutting a small square out of it alleviate the interference.

Comment

This past weekend I finished up the carpet and almost everything on the list to do while the carpet was out. The two things that weren't accomplished are wiring in the passenger seat to power, and getting the rivnut in for the backseat. I'm going to have to weld a nut from the backside. The hole is in a rounded corner area and slightly too large. I wasted about 5 rivnuts trying different things to get them to work in the hole. Sometime this winter I'm going to pull the exhaust and the heat shield down and weld a nut on the backside.

1999 Acura CL Carpet 1

1999 Acura CL Carpet 2

1999 Acura CL Carpet 3 (CL Drivers Seat Belt. I need to wash it still, it's absolutely filthy.)

1999 Acura CL Carpet 4

1999 Acura CL Carpet 5

1999 Acura CL Carpet 6

1999 Acura CL Carpet 7 (Yes right now there is a slight gap between the carpet and the end of the center console. This is because I left the center console on the carpet overnight before trimming it down. This caused the carpet to slightly disfigure in the last section of the center tunnel. To fix the deformation in the carpet I'm going to cut that section of the tunnel out of my parts car and bolt it into this car under the carpet and over the ebrake line. This is due to the CL center tunnel being slightly higher than ours. Using a second center tunnel will raise the carpet back to it's correct shape and keep it from collapsing in the future. This is the last little bit of work to be done to have this fully installed. When I fix the shape of the carpet by hand the gap fully closes.)

1999 Acura CL Carpet 7 (CL Passenger Seat Belt. I need to wash it still, it's absolutely filthy.)

1999 Acura CL Carpet 8

I'm hoping to finish up the passenger seat this weekend by getting the rear outside bracket welded back onto the rail. Probably a few other things as well, I just can't remember what all is on the to do list right now. Also now that the carpet and a bunch of other stuff is done I need to clean up my white board. I've knocked off about 7 items on the list I think.

Comment

Looks great! I wish I had your dash....

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Looks great! I wish I had your dash....
                              Thanks man!

Even after giving me a hard time about buying my old ass air bag... you still want it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                                Thanks man!

Even after giving me a hard time about buying my old ass air bag... you still want it!
                                haha ya. But i wouldn't put the air bag in there. I'd use the compartment for something else. A flip up screen so the passenger can play video games would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X