CyborgGT : 2002 Acura RSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cool car parked next to me today...

I recently had to re-build my headlights. They were leaking like crazy and condensation had ruined the lenses. I swapped on new ones from some new Depo lights, while at the same time corrected an issue I'd been having with the aim.

Still needs some work, but that will have to wait. I recently landed a new place with a garage, so I can finally do real work whenever I want. Moving in a few weeks, and time won't pass quickly enough...
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-12-2015, 06:15 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

nice lights

Comment

Finally got tires for my 0506 S wheels a while ago, then went out for some good pics the other day...

Firestone Firehawks

Accord Aero-R

Comment

gotta love having a hatch. super roomy. also, do they say something about mods like the muffler when you do emissions?
          Last edited by Night Wolf; 09-06-2015, 01:06 AM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I haven't had to go through emissions since I put the muffler on. I did it in '12 when I got the car, but because of my commute in late '13 to early '15 (which doesn't exist for me anymore) I went through so many roadside tests and passed every time. We might see soon though; tags expire in October and I haven't been through a roadside test in quite a while. I think testing is bi-annual in Colorado though, so I might skate by again anyway. We'll see... it'll be fun to watch them notice that my stock hood release lever isn't connected to anything and that I've got newfangled pins on, lol.

*ED. - Nope, nothing was said about the muffler. I even left the hood pins unlocked, only for them to not lift the hood for the dyno. Once again, at about 170,000 miles, my engine's not even close to failing emissions. Burns a bit of oil though. Besides me having to top it off a lot, I noticed some smoke in someone's headlights as I floored it.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-16-2015, 12:21 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
              you dont get messed with for no front plate?
              Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              Not in the near two months I've been driving and passing cops. It's too often that I see Corvettes and other vehicles without the front plate, so I decided to take my chances. I don't even keep it in the cab. Front plates are ugly
              So it's been three years, pretty much to the day, since I bought the car and immediately removed the front license plate, and yesterday I finally got pulled over for it. No ticket, just a verbal warning. It's been this long, I'm definitely not putting the thing on.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                So it's been three years, pretty much to the day, since I bought the car and immediately removed the front license plate, and yesterday I finally got pulled over for it. No ticket, just a verbal warning. It's been this long, I'm definitely not putting the thing on.
                Was it a officer in your local area? If so he may remember you and your car better than you may expect, especially since he has now taken note of it.
                CB7TUNER.com
                Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

I did hear that they ticket more often in the denver metro area.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                    Was it a officer in your local area? If so he may remember you and your car better than you may expect, especially since he has now taken note of it.
                    Next town over, on the highway.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The H22 is on hold almost indefinitely now. And buying another car that needs work (I was hoping to get a CB9 by summer) feels like a step in the wrong direction. It sucks, but it's the way things have to go sometimes. The RSX is coming up on 200k miles and it needs a bunch of work to stay on the road, so I'm putting everything into that right now.

So, the plan of attack...

The suspension really crashes and pops over potholes and bumps, and the wheel hop is getting worse. New engine mounts helped a bit, but they weren't the only problem. First, I've got Energy bushings sitting around that need installing. This weekend I'm picking up spare control arms so I can swap the bushes out and still be mobile if my terrible luck rears its head on the install.

The strut mounts on these cars have bushings and bearings that are known to wear out and cause problems, and the dampers feel like they're getting a bit bouncy. Rather than put the effort into rebuilding the stock suspension, I'm going for Mugen's Sport Suspension coilovers. Aside from the obvious improvements, one added benefit to these is that they alter the steering arm to help with the bump steer these cars are known for. While not adjustable, they'll give me a very streetable drop that still looks great... and with a drop, this car's inset wheels would look goofy without spacers.

Lastly, some basic fluid changes. The trans needs some Genuine Honda oil in it, and I'm wanting to have a shop change the coolant and brake fluid for me. I'll probably get some braided steel brake lines for them to install for me at the same time.

While I'm at all this, there are a bunch of detail pieces the car could use. New door mirror, fender clips, a missing interior trim piece. I found a parts car in the same color I may rob some body parts off of to save on the eventual respray this car badly needs. A/C could use repairing. It's about time I had my resonator removed to go with my Magnaflow muffler.

It feels like I'm finally ditching the Accord game with all this work ahead of me, but I'm sure it'll pay off once it's all over with and I can attack a new CB project with complete focus.
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-09-2016, 06:56 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It'll feel great to know that your DD is up for the task for a long time to come once you've gotten all of this done. It does suck though to have to put on hold the Accord project once again. But isn't that the way life goes sometimes. Hey at least your still getting to put some fun stuff on the RSX, so it's not all bad in that respect.
                        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Bought myself a b-day present...

Everything is already there with these things, so install should be a breeze.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Installed, and golly are these puppies amazing! Seemingly endless grip, it makes me wonder if the CB could even get this tight in the corners...

It badly needs wheel spacers now. The impression of inset was just made worse.

*ED. - I put the wing back on right after the coilover install. They're now probably as settled as they ever will be.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-08-2016, 11:47 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I really suck at this game.

Bought the Energy bushings forever ago and finally dropped off at least the front control arms at a shop to have them do the work. Second, I'm seriously hating the stock seats, and there's a full set of clean '05-06s on Craigs for a good price (looked around for reviews, and several people say the improvement in comfort is night and day), so I'm probably going to pick those up this weekend if they don't sell. And to top it off, the clear coat on my hood is wrecked. Saw a rattle can product (2K Clear or something like that) on YouTube that looks to provide pretty good results for a DIY, so I want to take care of that before the damage spreads too much further.

Could have just about paid for pistons or cams for the H, for example, for what I've got wrapped up in frankly unnecessary mods for this car. But hey, which car is running? And now with winter coming up, I'm wanting to get some dedicated snow tires for the 16" wheels pretty soon. I've always soldiered on with all-seasons but I think, now that I have two sets of wheels, I'm done with having no traction pulling out from a stop.

Anyway, photos from the last few months...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Just went for a drive...

^ The Stanley hotel, as featured in The Shining!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X