No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with the 6000k's due to the whole reduced visibility in rain past 6000k and FL isn't exactly known for it's good weather.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 04-23-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

True true. Get some pics!

Comment

Just went out and took some pics.

Not even warmed up yet and they look brighter IMO.

It's all just kinda shoved in there. I'm really glad I got the slim ballasts because I really have no room. And yes, that silver cylindrical looking thing in the top left is my horn.

The relay harness DDM sent me was a lot shorter than I anticipated so until I get another one or lengthen this one myself this is how I've got it mounted.

Comment

They kinda look like 8000Ks, but they're not warmed up lol. Nice!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't really give them time to warm up.

Comment

Went out and bought a blower motor from Advanced Auto and just got finished swapping it in. It feels nice to actually have the A/C working again, just kinda wish I hadn't waited till half way thru the summer to finally get around to doing it.

Now all I have to do is get around to fixing all the other problems this car has.

Comment

Forgot to mention, the odometer rolled over 200,000 this week. Didn't get the picture though.

Comment

Replaced the distributor O-ring today so no more leaks from that side of the engine. The old o-ring was brittle as hell and felt like cheap plastic. De-greased the engine as well so it looks clean, and so I can tell when (not 'if'; it will eventually leak) it starts leaking again.

Somehow I got a shit ton of oil in one of my cylinders and the engine wouldn't turn over. I pulled the plugs and, in the process, dropped my plug socket into the space under the intake manifold. While trying to get it back, I dropped my extension in the same area. I got back my extension in ten minutes but it took me almost half an hour to get my socket back and it involved a plastic rod and a magnetic name tag. Figures I would drop my tools into the only spot that doesn't go straight down to the street.

Next thing will probably be swapping in new axles. Then I will get this girl dropped sooner or later.

Comment

Tripple post...

I now have a new reason to hate speed bumps. Car drives fine, but when I go over a speed bump, D4 starts blinking and 1st and 3rd get locked out. Going to try and pull the codes tomorrow when it's light out and see if something is loose on the tranny. Hope it's nothing serious...

Comment

When I had that issue, I just replaced the TCU.

Comment

It's weird though, it drives fine until I get to the speed bumps; then it sounds like something on the drivers side clicks and D4 starts blinking and 1st and 3rd gets locked out. I really hope it's not a TCU, but if it is at least there are tons of accord in the local JY's.

If I can find a paper clip I'm going to get the error code(s) when it's light out and try to diagnose the problem.

Comment

When I wired up my Prelude cluster, that's when the issue happened for me. Only 2 and d4 would work. I swapped out the TCU and it ran fine.

Comment

Drove fine today... Figures every time I'm about to go out and pull the codes it works fine.

Found out a trick to it; if I keep it in 1st when going over the speed bumps it doesn't cause D4 to start blinking. Hopefully doing that will hold me over until I can get another TCU from a JY.

Comment

You know it's bad when you go to pull the D4 code and the instrument cluster lights up like a christmas tree.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X