Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Glowshift oil filter adapters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glowshift oil filter adapters...

Anyone used these? I'm thinking of getting just the adapter to install my oil pressure sender to: Oil filter adapter.

OR:

Get the oil cooler adapter for future oil cooling usage: Oil cooler adapter.

Either of these will allow my to easily install oil pressure/temp senders. I'm just wondering about the quality/fitment of them on the CB7.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

dont know but i was planning on buying one for an oil cooler. let me know the results.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

great for the price!

i run their sandwich along with oil sender/gauge.

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/92exr/oil-pressure-sender.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/92exr/oil-adaptor-filter.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks Mike, I was hoping at least someone here was using one. From the pics it looks like the oil COOLER adapter may block oil flow a bit??? Maybe not enough to matter, I might just go with the sender adapter and worry about oil cooling later.
        My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

that was also my thought. plus my H has an oil cooler stock, so i opted for the simpler unit with 4 regular bungs, since i knew i would never plan to add an aux cooler. its a nice piece, very easy to install.

it says to install it with just oil on the rubber gasket but i found removing/installing oil filters likes to grab the sandwich and spin that along with it, which gets annoying with lines/senders attached to it. so i used copper silicone on the lower gasket and it has not moved since!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah I'm probably going to go with the simple adapter plate and worry about cooling later.

I was looking at your setup and also wondering about it trying to spin when removing the oil filter, great idea with the silicone on the gasket surfaces!

How tight did you get the center nut/bolt/adapter?
            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I run the glowshift one on my car for turbo feed line and oil pressure sending unit. Works great! no leaks just make sure to put a little hondabond on the oring that faces the block and youll be all good. Also do not over tighten the bolt. I torqued my in 15ftlbs.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I have the oil cooler kit. Works great(from what I can tell) lol. As I've never measured the temperature drop with it..the bb6 had one stock. I just wanted the look of an aftermarket one. To accent the engine bay. Also has 2 npt threaded ports for w.e I want. Their currently capped off

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

for $30? Seriously? Mike you have that same one? That just seems too cheap to be good.
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                    for $30? Seriously? Mike you have that same one? That just seems too cheap to be good.
                    i have it also...no problems no leaks...mike helped me install...have had mine in for over a year now with my h swap...works perfect.
                    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

damn...think I'll buy one just for the potential it has for mods in the future...and it's on sale

the 20mm 1.5 thread is the correct one yes?

also, couldn't you get the cheaper on instead of this one and just buy the oil cooler fittings?
                      Last edited by bcjammerx; 06-06-2009, 06:26 AM.
                      ____

Comment

I'm also running one, with a cooler and have had no problems at all. I also used honda bond on the block side and it's never moved or leaked.

As for the cooler, the holes in there are a little small for my liking, I actually drilled them out in mine to match the size of the cooler lines (3/8 if I remember correctly). Works great, and you can't beat the price at all.

L8r
                        Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                        01-01-2019

Comment

so either will work with the cooler? Neither is better suited to run with a cooler than the other?
                          ____

Comment

I'd rather run an oil manifold. Similar to a vacuum manifold. Less clutter and gets H-T cool points.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

HA HA...well if h-t thinks it's cool.

For the price I think I'll stay with the gloshift one though.

So I guess the cheaper one would work then?
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X