No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah they all have a fuzzy padded back to them. I have probably most of the standard colors for sedan leather inserts including two sets of blue. I have yet to find another set of coupe inserts that aren’t type-G tan, mostly SE leather stuff. The only set I’ve ever found is gray and that’s in my coupe. These Accords 90-2001 are being scrapped like crazy in SO. Cal. The good stuff will soon get harder and harder to find. Especially leather.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Some goodies from another continent! Can’t wait to get the cool air vent switch in this weekend. The other is the CB rear fog light switch and the four red EDM sedan door lenses guess I’ll save for later.

The rear fog switch goes in the dash like our front fog switch does. Notice the straight horizontal lines indicating rear fog where as the front fog switch lines angle down. What I’m going to do is run my front fog switch wiring to my center console switch which is a DC integra switch. Then the rear fog switch can take its place in the dash.

These red EDM door lenses will look nice in some black leather sedan panels I have.

~Mark~

Comment

Great work.
        2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
        2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
        CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
        GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

I got the cool air vent switch installed today. It works great. I love the cooler air blowing above as the heat blows on my feet. It’s the time of year where it’s still a little cold in the morning and I need heat but then in the afternoon it’s warm and I want AC. So now at least I’m not pushing the vents in other directions so the heat doesn’t blow at me constantly. I can leave them adjusted the way I like them and just flip the cool air switch in the AM then back in the afternoon.

The rear fog light switch is popped in also. I have not wired it yet. It’s interesting that the light beam on it faces the opposite direction as the front fog switch too.

Last edited by NH-503P-3; 05-13-2018, 12:30 AM.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
            There is a “Controller” module that is attached to the interior fuse box. In CB Accords it’s a small rectangle brown box. You need to replace that with an A11 controller from a 95 CD Accord v6. The A11 has the circuitry to operate the variable intermittent wiper mod. And not mess up other functions that the normal CB controller does. The speed of the wipers all should remain the same. Only the variable intermittent wiping is added.
            Interesting thanks for the info!

Comment

love this build, especially the push to start button and location! so nice!!!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

‘Twas 40% off at pap this holiday weekend. I found mucho CRV lighted switches. A set of red and clear sedan tails for a future project. Got a CD6 steering column also for a future project. Another A11 controller and variable intermittent wiper stalk. And some other goodies for projects. Here are some lighted switches I’m building. The master sedan ones are tedious to make. Coupe is easy. Finding the window lock switch with the “ON” writing still very clear is incredibly hard to find.
                I scoured two yards today to find the two pictured. Btw the coupe set is for sale. Hit me up.

~Mark~

Comment

Are you going to be selling these?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Jarrett, I will be building more sets to sell. Plus I’m souping up black leather SE door panels I have with the lighted switches in red and the og EDM red door light covers. All 4 for sale. Should look EVIL

~Mark~

Comment

Got a new project I’ve been working on.

It’s a 06 TSX steering wheel. I saw one of these on a rhd CB a while back and I loved it. Had to have one. I had to score a Honda airbag to match the car of course. It does require a CD6 Accord steering column. I have one that I have modified to fit the TSX clock spring. I gotta have all the functions on the steering wheel working also. The buttons are lighted as well. But they are amber and not that bright. All of the circled pieces on the boards in the pic below are the smd’s I need to remove and replace with blue lighted smd’s. That will be fun. They are small but I think I can handle it.

I’ve figured out all of the wiring for the cruise control and am modifying a plug from the back of a CC switch so I don’t have to cut the original wiring.

The rest of the wires go to the volume and track/station controls on the left side of the wheel. That’s the easy stuff. I just need a good stereo now lol. I’m thinking one of those New Kenwoods with apple car play. Here is the harness that comes from the clock spring below. My TSX map/homelink I put in a while back also has a microphone I will wire in to this setup for the hands free calls etc.

~Mark~

Comment

You're like the proactive version of me who's actually doing the things I halfway finish. I have an '04-'08 TSX wheel and column I'm putting in, and have about 75% of the wiring done. cp[mike] was helping me on the stuff I'm still struggling with. While I decided against full on baller status like you with the volume control/Bluetooth/cruise control, I did want to add newer combination switches. So that's where I'm at right now.

Looks great!

Also, PM me when you get ready to sell one of those coupe window switches. I'll even send over all of my coupe and CR-V switch parts from when I was going to make one.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Looks good man.

Comment

Jarrett, I was thinking that I needed to do at least the combination switches and their mount to get the clock spring and wheel to work also. I opted out of all that when I found a way to modify the CD6 column so it all works with combination switches already in the car. I honestly don’t like the look, feel or flat blackish color of the TSX combination switches. Plus I didn’t want to change my variable intermittent wiper mod already done. The 2006 TSX wheel I think is the best out of all the earlier years of the TSX. 2004 has no lighting on the wheel and the buttons are all silver. 2005 is lighted but still the thinner wheel without the extra bumps for grip.
                            You gotta use the TSX clock spring for sure if you want any of the wheel equipped electronics to work. Otherwise you’re repinning and soldering a bunch of shit for a pretty simple mod.

~Mark~

Comment

Oh also, the CD6 column has almost the same surrounding plastics as the CB’s. For guys using those caveman keyed ignitions it’ll take a little modifying to get that all lined up. But since I have a push button start it’s easy peasy. Just pop the button in the CD hole and I’m done. I think all of it matches better when just changing the steering wheel and everything around it stays basically the same.

~Mark~

Comment

I have not seen such an awesome post like this one in a great while. Good job on the overkill projects. Keep them coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X