Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED ON THIS SITE, READ THIS! It's time to take action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED ON THIS SITE, READ THIS! It's time to take action.

That's right. Although I don't care to get involved with the transactions that take place on this site, I can only ignore it so far. Too many of my members have been getting ripped off by repeat scammers. These names are reported to me frequently, and it's gotten to the point where I simply can't ignore it. It's unfair to my members.

Banning these scammers only causes them to resurface with new names. They know how to play the game, and they play it well. So the time has come for action.

I have created a new username. SCAMMER TASKFORCE.
    This username can and will be accessed by multiple staff members (including myself... mostly myself, I expect.) I'm doing this to ensure the issue gets the most attention possible.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR COMPLAINTS PUBLICLY!!!

Here's what you will need to do:
    PM SCAMMER TASKFORCE with the details of your transaction.
    The more details, the better.
    A clearly written description of the incident (take care in your writing, it could mean the difference between effective action and none at all!)
    Dates of ALL communication (email, text, phone, etc...)
    Contact information for both you and the scammer

Start gathering all info you can... pictures of items, screenshots of tracking info or paypal transactions, transcripts of text/email/IM/PM discussions, etc... Depending on the action taken, these things could help greatly. Don't send any files or images to the SCAMMER TASKFORCE name until you are asked, however.

Any abuse will result in a ban... so don't joke around, and don't try to get someone in trouble just because you don't like them. I don't expect there to be any issues, but I feel this needs to be said anyway!
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 04-13-2012, 12:23 PM.

PM all complaints to this account. If something can be done, it will be done. You will be contacted for further information if necessary.

You may be contacted by a law enforcement official via the contact information you provided, so please make sure it is accurate.
    Scammers, your end is near!

To anyone that has been scammed in the Classifieds section of this site, PLEASE report it to this screen name via PM. Include all pertinent information to the transaction, and all contact info for both yourself and the person that scammed you.

All info can be found in this thread here.

Comment

Can you lower scammer task forces post count to 666? It would be more fitting with that grim reaper avatar and all.

Comment

It was... but I posted.

Comment

so what is this going to do? gonna go to their house and beat them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
            so what is this going to do? gonna go to their house and beat them up?
            I sure hope so.

Beat them up using a bar of soap and a sock, or maybe a phone book or a bible.

Something that'll hurt im sure.
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Just a heads up:

In your original post it says the new member's name is "SPAMMER TASKFORCE" but the actual name is "SCAMMER TASKFORCE"

Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Thanks. I keep doing that! I swear I've typed SPAMMER every time...

Comment

That image is simply amazing.
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Are you going to sticky this? It might be helpful to the newer members wanting to buy something on here.

Comment

Originally posted by mappyCB7 View Post
                      Are you going to sticky this? It might be helpful to the newer members wanting to buy something on here.
                      No sticky. I want people to read it!

Comment

Scammer Taskforce will own you.

Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Lets git dem sumbitches.
                          wat?

Comment

How about raising the minimum post count to make threads in the classified section to like 100. Then for known scammers set their post count to -1million.
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              No sticky. I want people to read it!
                              so true..

MANY forums im on, the stickies are read for like the first couple weeks maybe and thats it..

Comment

Working...
                              X