Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic seat belt does not retract completely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic seat belt does not retract completely

Im new member here and I own a 91 Accord. My problem is the driver side seat belt has a hard time going all the way back forward when you open the door. I can put my hand on it and help it go all the way forward and it does go forward this way with no problems. I looked for an answer here a few times already but I cant seem to find one with my exact problem. My motor works and its really strong so I know its not the motor or anything really obvious. I have also looked in the door with the panel off but I cant see well enough to verify whats going on. The track is also clean.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

I read somewhere on the internet about safety systems like SRS and seat belts being guaranteed for life. So this morning I decided to take it to Honda and see what they say. To my surprise they got it right in and fixed it for free. The part was $350 and with labor they said it would have been around $500. So I'm pleased to say the least.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

good information to know, my rear left belt is, behaving poorly, it wont retract at all lmao, which is annoying when you have to ferry multiple people at time every know and then (i refuse to let anyone in my car without them wearing the seatbelt) so you just took it to the dealer then?

Comment

Originally posted by Firstoff View Post
        good information to know, my rear left belt is, behaving poorly, it wont retract at all lmao, which is annoying when you have to ferry multiple people at time every know and then (i refuse to let anyone in my car without them wearing the seatbelt) so you just took it to the dealer then?
        Yes. I took it to Springfield, about an hour away from me, to the Honda dealer there and told them what was going on. They looked at it real quick and said they would cover it under one of their company policies and it would be done in about 2 hours. And it was. Now it works great.

Comment

That'll save me a few dollars, I just planned on rippin one out of a Honda at a junkyard, did they ever tell you why it wasn't functioning correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Firstoff View Post
            That'll save me a few dollars, I just planned on rippin one out of a Honda at a junkyard, did they ever tell you why it wasn't functioning correctly?
            Yes they did. They actually showed me when I came back to pick up the car. It was not the motor but the "drive" as they called it. It was missing some teeth I'm guessing.

Comment

Working...
            X