Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junyaccord : 1999 Mercedes Benz E320 Wagon

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that i miss this site and all of you. I sold the accord approx 1 year ago with no regrets. I needed something with the same gas mileage as the cb but something with more space and luxury. This is how she looked when i bought it last year for $4,700 with 159k miles with 18in fugly diablo vienna rims :

look at all that space!

After a couple of months of driving i discovered it had a leak in the transmission. It drips 1 quart every 2 weeks depending on how much driving. on the plus side it was kind of like a transmission flush for the last year. Just last weekend i removed it myself.

Here is a very crude illustration of where it was leaking. the bottom is the transmission itself and the red lines is transmission fluid.

Now i looked into it some more and discovered that these 2 torx bolts were loosened by 3 turns. I guess when the previous owner swapped the motor he didnt tighten these bolts all the way

So i tightened these suckers up and replaced the front pump seal. Along with some other misc parts. After installation this car drives great. I cant wait to lower it amongst other things. So these are some current pictures after a nice wash n wax. I sold the hideous rims and found some stocker 16 in rims.

Engine:
    - Swapped M112 from a CLK320 with 160k miles on chassis.

Exterior:
    - Hood ornament delete
    - mbjunkies sticker
    - MB Roof crossbars

Interior:
    - Stock black leather
    - limo tint
    - sagging headliner

Suspension:
    - stock for now

ICE:
    - Tape and 6cd changer

Future plans:
    - H&R cup kit
    - badass audio setup
    - AMG monoblock rims

Thanks errybody.

Here are some pics of my old accord. I kinda miss her.

Comment

Nice ride. That Benz is classy.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

The M112 is an intriguing engine. I toyed with the idea of getting a C240 6-speed last fall and building an M112 E37 for it. Ultimately I just took too much offense to the tuning environment that surrounds Mercedes. If you want to do any sort of modifications that involved you have to pay companies that charge exorbitant amounts of money. Not worth it in my opinion. If I wasn't looking for something to modify it would have been another story altogether.

On a different note, what would have been wrong space-wise with a CB9?
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          The M112 is an intriguing engine. I toyed with the idea of getting a C240 6-speed last fall and building an M112 E37 for it. Ultimately I just took too much offense to the tuning environment that surrounds Mercedes. If you want to do any sort of modifications that involved you have to pay companies that charge exorbitant amounts of money. Not worth it in my opinion. If I wasn't looking for something to modify it would have been another story altogether.

On a different note, what would have been wrong space-wise with a CB9?
          I agree about upgrading the M112 or any mercedes motor for performance. Tuning a Benz are for people with deep pockets. I really want to get a CB9 and back into the accord game but its just quite difficult to find one.

Comment

i just saw one of these for the 1st time today at the junkyard. or at least im pretty sure i did =D
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I am digging the wagon bro

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Very nice pick up on the benz. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Comment

Sept 2012:

Fast forward to now where i am finally going to work. I pieced together some susp. parts and Me being the anti-minimalist, i couldnt settle just for the springs. Some parts listed are used and i didnt mind since Bilstein offers rebuilds on their struts. This is just daily driver stuff so im not going full coilover this time. All the prices listed here included shipping.

Bilstein Sport Shocks $200.00

H&R Springs $190.00

#1 and #2 Spring Pads $(came with struts)

OEM LCA bushings $76.50

Front and Rear Sway bar bushings and links $190.00

18x8.5 +38 Enkei Aegis 3 Piece 5x112 rims + Wheel bolts $385.00

The only thing im waiting for at this point is a klann type spring compressor and possibly a shop to push the old bshings out of the arm.

Oct 2012:

SPRING COMPRESSOR ORDERED, will take pictures of when this thing is slammed. AND lower ball joints are ordered.

Comment

Dam u doing all the work urself to. Coolio points there man!

Please restore them headlights. Dang.
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Gotta love me an MB wagon! I like your plans for it. This thing is going to be classy and bad ass.

Definetly a great upgrade from the CB.

Comment

update! sorry for the lame quality pix.

Comment

Working...
                        X